• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Oblivion Discussion

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if this turns into a money league - I'm out.

Money would only cheapen the MBBRL. This league is about testing your skills against other high performing football geeks, the resulting esteem from the play and of course "the chat".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, before talking about c league lets just see the interest... But who cares if it gets watered down, a watered down c league is no different than oblivion... But it is better because they are actually playing fantasy football...

I think it is a big deal if things get too watered down.

There would be teams moving up into the B league every year. If the competition in. C is terrible, that would weaken the B league which would eventually weaken A also.

Again, I am not against adding a third league, but there would have to be some outstanding people waiting to get in. It would not be worth it if we allowed anybody willing to take the spot to join.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, before talking about c league lets just see the interest... But who cares if it gets watered down, a watered down c league is no different than oblivion... But it is better because they are actually playing fantasy football...

I sure as hell care. As many have stated throughout the years, this has become their favorite league, including many who have very competitive, high stakes leagues. I'm not about to consider anything that takes away from that if at all possible.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as hell care. As many have stated throughout the years, this has become their favorite league, including many who have very competitive, high stakes leagues. I'm not about to consider anything that takes away from that if at all possible.

I did not mean to say i want a watered down league... My point was that if we have the interest for a C league, then it doesnt matter if it gets watered down... There is not much of a difference between oblivion, and a watered down league... and chances are the bad owners will not be able to win, and worse case if they are really bad and break the MBBRL rules, then they will get kicked out or not asked back...

But no matter what we should wait to see the interest to replace the so called oblivion owners... especially if we get the 2 A league Dropouts back, and people like DBlake who missed out on the B league...

Not sure if we want to turn down 6+ owners just because we fear a watered down league...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want to keep the competitive nature of MBBRL. I would think that scrapping the Oblivion punishment would be appropriate. The reasons for oblivion should be inactivity, poor behavior, etc. not one year's poor performance.

Let me just add that when you painstakingly assemble two groups of 24 extraordinary gentleman who have a common, passionate, competitive spirit about fantasy football, someone from this elite group will have to finish last. And second to last. Unavoidable.

BTW, what does ninja mean? Guess I'm too old to know.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add that when you painstakingly assemble two groups of 24 extraordinary gentleman who have a common, passionate, competitive spirit about fantasy football, someone from this elite group will have to finish last. And second to last. Unavoidable.

When to people post basically the same thing. .The first "ninja'ed" the second

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When to people post basically the same thing. .The first "ninja'ed" the second

Lol, I didn't respond because I wasn't sure what it meant either...I kept thinking about that Chris Farley ninja movie. :rollseyes:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody wants a watered down league, but interest is certainly growing from others not able to be a part of the action here.
How did the B league get it start?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants a watered down league, but interest is certainly growing from others not able to be a part of the action here.

Will? Not sure I recall exactly. But there was an abundance of interest and no shortage of regular posters back on the boards which shall not be named

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was especially because of Ram, Barilko and Monkey who were on the boards heavily and following the MBBRL but had no place to play. We didn't want a 14- or 16-team league; so the B League and relegation came into existence. It was a little hard to fill out at first and not all were quality posters (much like the B league here last year). But the B league has gotten stronger since. I expect the same would be true of a C league.

A C league of course immediately popped to mind back then, but there was no call for it. (I do know what to name it, though.)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was especially because of Ram, Barilko and Monkey who were on the boards heavily and following the MBBRL but had no place to play. We didn't want a 14- or 16-team league; so the B League and relegation came into existence. It was a little hard to fill out at first and not all were quality posters (much like the B league here last year). But the B league has gotten stronger since. I expect the same would be true of a C league.

A C league of course immediately popped to mind back then, but there was no call for it. (I do know what to name it, though.)

Don't leave us hanging here. What should it be called?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tailgaters?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow guys I just read this thread as I have been really busy this week. I had no idea that the "oblivion" thing was so controversial. When Wil posted that, I never thought he meant that the bottom two teams would be kicked out and not allowed back in, I took it as a way to keep teams interested toward the end of the season and give them something to play for. No matter what anybody's record is, we are not going to kick them out of the MBBRL unless they abandon their team completely. I kind of thought it was a moot point anyway since every year we have a few casualties to each league and end up having to fill them. You have to remember, not only did we lose Wil and Scape in the A league, but we also lost Dblake, Ron Mexico, and JayDeeEm from the B league, so we had to replace 5 people last year and if I recall we only had one or maybe two extra interested people at the beginning of the year when we were filling the teams for the B league so a C league seems like a bit of a reach. As far as I'm concerned the 24 guys that have teams this year get priority as long as they manage their teams and post to the message board regardless of any kind of oblivion talk. Perhaps instead of "oblivion" we could say that the bottom two teams in the B league are locked into the 11th and 12th picks in the draft next year. So whoever finishes 11th will pick 11th, whoever finishes 12th picks 12th, but everyone else is subject to the draft ramdomizer. That way you would still have something to play for at the end of the year. I know that some people say they like picking at the end of the draft, but honestly the "punishment" would just be knowing that you were locked into that spot no matter what. Thoughts????

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow guys I just read this thread as I have been really busy this week. I had no idea that the "oblivion" thing was so controversial. When Wil posted that, I never thought he meant that the bottom two teams would be kicked out and not allowed back in, I took it as a way to keep teams interested toward the end of the season and give them something to play for. No matter what anybody's record is, we are not going to kick them out of the MBBRL unless they abandon their team completely. I kind of thought it was a moot point anyway since every year we have a few casualties to each league and end up having to fill them. You have to remember, not only did we lose Wil and Scape in the A league, but we also lost Dblake, Ron Mexico, and JayDeeEm from the B league, so we had to replace 5 people last year and if I recall we only had one or maybe two extra interested people at the beginning of the year when we were filling the teams for the B league so a C league seems like a bit of a reach. As far as I'm concerned the 24 guys that have teams this year get priority as long as they manage their teams and post to the message board regardless of any kind of oblivion talk. Perhaps instead of "oblivion" we could say that the bottom two teams in the B league are locked into the 11th and 12th picks in the draft next year. So whoever finishes 11th will pick 11th, whoever finishes 12th picks 12th, but everyone else is subject to the draft ramdomizer. That way you would still have something to play for at the end of the year. I know that some people say they like picking at the end of the draft, but honestly the "punishment" would just be knowing that you were locked into that spot no matter what. Thoughts????

If we did the automatic draft order i would rather do each person picks the position in the order they want... so if the first place team who remains in the league(in the B league it would be 3rd place) gets the first pick on where they want to draft, and you go down... But i am sure that could be another discussion...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not for messing with the draft order. I kinda like the crapshoot aspect of the randomizer. And I think maybe we should not overcomplicate things?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not for messing with the draft order. I kinda like the crapshoot aspect of the randomizer. And I think maybe we should not overcomplicate things?

Yup.gif

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Really need to get past this misconception that "oblivion" in this instance, means gone forever. No one is banned, no one is shunned from the group. It's simply opening up the spot.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Really need to get past this misconception that "oblivion" in this instance, means gone forever. No one is banned, no one is shunned from the group. It's simply opening up the spot.

Aw, we're just being Barbarians at the Gate. ;)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I only initially brought it up bc the topic was being talked about and I was unsure what the process was. I meant no harm.