• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Dynaty league Rule 5 option

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it was SP, or maybe Smitty..but don't quote me?

Was under the impression that after the season, we protected a certain amount, everyone else was exposed to a draft of X rounds, have the draft, and that was that. ..that sounded okay to me, good way to ensure at least a little parity..but if it had to be more complex than that. ..I dunno
It was me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should anyone have to expose players
If we had expansion maybe but not now.
My team is my team as your team is your team

Let's say some one built an awesome squad and then you guys r*pe his team with rule 5 stuff. That owner is punished for being lucky and or good. IMHO that is ridiculous

the rule 5 is not intended to RUIN any team that was good... It is there just for fun, and it will help the parity... Don't you want the terrible teams to be able to compete again in less than 3 years??

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rule 5 is not intended to RUIN any team that was good... It is there just for fun, and it will help the parity... Don't you want the terrible teams to be able to compete again in less than 3 years??
Mostly I want it simple
We all have money leagues where we play various games styles rules where here I enjoy the camaraderie and simplicity and mostly the banter which enlightens me as we have some extremely knowledgeable folks on here

Of course I hope that all teams can compete and stay in reach. But that is the job of the individual owner

There is no need for him to choose players from my team

We draft. We trade We protect we release what we can't protect and we draft again

Hey if it comes to vote I'll vote. but I think the commish or co commish do not need any extra or unnecessary work

Simple is. Best

We draft we play we release we draft again

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly I want it simple
We all have money leagues where we play various games styles rules where here I enjoy the camaraderie and simplicity and mostly the banter which enlightens me as we have some extremely knowledgeable folks on here

Of course I hope that all teams can compete and stay in reach. But that is the job of the individual owner

We draft. We trade We protect we release what we can't protect and we draft again

Hey if it comes to vote I'll vote. but I think the commish or co commish do not need any extra or unnecessary work

Simple is. Best

I agree with this. Even though the rule 5 sounds interesting, I'd rather have things stay simple.:2cents:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should anyone have to expose players
If we had expansion maybe but not now.
My team is my team as your team is your team

Let's say some one built an awesome squad and then you guys r*pe his team with rule 5 stuff. That owner is punished for being lucky and or good. IMHO that is ridiculous

In baseball, only one player from each team can be picked in rule 5. So you can only lose one player each.

...but I see this isn't popular so, again, I'm good with whatever.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it if it is only one round. We would also need to protect at least 12 players before the draft. I came up with that number because we have 9 starters and it gives you 3 spots to protect players you are keeping for the future.

If we are losing 5 players in the regular draft, that would be 27.8% of your roster. If we do a rule 5, you don't want to lose to much more of you roster. At three rounds you are losing 16.7% for a total of 44.4%. If it is only one round you lose 5.6% for a total of 33.3%.

The question being how much of our team are we willing to lose each year.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. .I think it's a very interesting idea. .one that would probably be better placed in a local, everyone knows each other, type of league. But I think asking anything out of the ordinary of the commish here is not needed

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly I want it simple

Simple is. Best

Having never done dynasty I have no clue what makes it most interesting - - as such, I gotta go with Barilko - simple is best.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we really do need a vote for this rule 5 thing... I am all for it because it sounds like fun... I am willing to go away from a traditional dynasty if we put in fun rules... This is that... We don't NEED to be a TRUE dynasty... remember, this is for fun, and as we are all don't know eachother, we need to put incentives into the league so we don't lose anyone... A dynasty with owner turnover is not a good dynasty or keeper league...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we really do need a vote for this rule 5 thing... I am all for it because it sounds like fun... I am willing to go away from a traditional dynasty if we put in fun rules... This is that... We don't NEED to be a TRUE dynasty... remember, this is for fun, and as we are all don't know eachother, we need to put incentives into the league so we don't lose anyone... A dynasty with owner turnover is not a good dynasty or keeper league...

How long has the MBBRL been around and how much turnover have they had? With this being mostly people from the MBBRL I don't think you need to add much to get this group to stick around for multiple years.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long has the MBBRL been around and how much turnover have they had? With this being mostly people from the MBBRL I don't think you need to add much to get this group to stick around for multiple years.
I do believe there's 10 of the original 12 (Dub and Boomer being the MIA's...I still count Will) still here. .and that's spanning 2 different message boards. And the B, or additional, newer members from the past couple years seem pretty solid as well. I agree, there won't be any problems keeping this core engaged

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually they have had turnover with Duff, WIlwhite, and others, and the B league has looked for new owners every year... Not saying there will be TO, but if we make it a long term dynasty with no Parity, we might have a problem... And no, i am not saying that the rule 5 is the only way to create parity, and i am sure the rookie draft will do a good job at creating parity... But why not put in fun rules that will create even more parity...

Basically my point is not to be scared to go away from a traditional dynasty...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22 I feel like I am being a Dick towards you, which is not my intent. I like that you keep coming up with ideas. If you come up with 100 ideas and we shoot down 98, you would have one that makes the league a little better and one such as the Draft and Forget league which is great. What I am saying is keep them coming.

Anytime you go into a dynasty you expect a small amount of TO. The larger the league, the more the TO. But with this group, I expect a smaller than normal TO.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22 I feel like I am being a Dick towards you, which is not my intent. I like that you keep coming up with ideas. If you come up with 100 ideas and we shoot down 98, you would have one that makes the league a little better and one such as the Draft and Forget league which is great. What I am saying is keep them coming.

Anytime you go into a dynasty you expect a small amount of TO. The larger the league, the more the TO. But with this group, I expect a smaller than normal TO.

Don't worry, i don't think you are being a dick... I get that we should expect TO at some point, all leagues get them... But we don't want that TO to be because that team has not been competitive due to parity... the TO should always be personal reasons... A league with the same people on top and same people on bottom is not fun(again not saying this will be that)... All i want is to prevent this from happening even if it is unlikely...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have gathered, getting to know what little I do about the owners who are signed up, we're all way too competitive to give up just because we had a bad season or two. Now if it's apparent that the bad teams are just stuck and there's no recourse, then we'd have an issue

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have gathered, getting to know what little I do about the owners who are signed up, we're all way too competitive to give up just because we had a bad season or two. Now if it's apparent that the bad teams are just stuck and there's no recourse, then we'd have an issue
Which is what is bound to happen. It happens in every keeper league and every dynasty league. Three rounds and an awful waiver pool is not enough to change a teams fate if they have a poor initial draft. And there will be several poor initial drafts.

I'd really like to see this be better than a dynasty league. Not the definition of a dynasty league.

And like Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say bout that.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they have had turnover with Duff, WIlwhite, and others, and the B league has looked for new owners every year... Not saying there will be TO, but if we make it a long term dynasty with no Parity, we might have a problem... And no, i am not saying that the rule 5 is the only way to create parity, and i am sure the rookie draft will do a good job at creating parity... But why not put in fun rules that will create even more parity...

Basically my point is not to be scared to go away from a traditional dynasty...

but there wasnt a B league it was added to let others enjoy the top notch folks thrills and skills on the MBBRL so ...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth. If I go even a year with a shit team, there will be a trade frenzy the like of which has never been seen. Bank on that, boys! :thumb: