• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Dynasty draft order

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you all like this rule...

We give a point value to all places and all outcomes

How about

Regular season standing

14th place=1 point
13th place =2 points
1st place =14 points

each playoff win= 2 points

after every 4 years, we add everyone's points up and the Winner can add/delete or change 1 league rule...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO

it is simple

if you won a tiebreak it means you finished higher in the standings

just as it does in the NFL NHL MLB NBA or any other league

and thus the team that lost the tiebreaker is the lower seeded team and thus

the rules are clear the following years draft is based on the reverse order of the standings

i do not see an issue with that

as for the tanking fear

we discussed this last year

you tank and we feel that you tanked

im pretty sure you will never play in an MBBRL league again

i won 2 lousy games last year but believe me i busted my but until the end

and im certain in saying there isnt an original MBBRL'r that even considered for one minute that i might have tanked

ITS A Great Group

This League is FREE

This League is All About Pride

If you won the Tiebreaker than you finished higher in the standings than the team that finished below you in the standings

and for me that is that..

apologies if i appear curt

but cmon

and of course if another poll is needed so be it

but i dont think so

Cheers from snowy Montreal

Enjoy the heat down there

There i said it :suds:

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about

Regular season standing

14th place=1 point
13th place =2 points
1st place =14 points

after every 4 years, we add everyone's points up and the Winner can add/delete or change 1 league rule...
apologies for disrespecting that everyone has an opinion
however

WTF

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apologies for disrespecting that everyone has an opinion
however

WTF

Honestly, every league needs to get spiced up once in a while... This is a dynasty league, the whole purpose of it is to last a long time... WHat is the point of having a dynasty league and having it for a short time... and like you mentioned this is a free league, How many money dynasty leagues fail because of lack of interest... it is the biggest problem with dynasty leagues... Hell, in real sports, do you see packed stadiums for crappy teams?? not as often is good ones... Losing interest is inevitable...

All I want to do is spice it up...

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, every league needs to get spiced up once in a while... This is a dynasty league, the whole purpose of it is to last a long time... WHat is the point of having a dynasty league and having it for a short time... and like you mentioned this is a free league, How many money dynasty leagues fail because of lack of interest... it is the biggest problem with dynasty leagues... Hell, in real sports, do you see packed stadiums for crappy teams?? not as often is good ones... Losing interest is inevitable...

All I want to do is spice it up...

where the beep did i say anything about the duration of the league

i hope it lasts until the dawn of time

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where the beep did i say anything about the duration of the league

i hope it lasts until the dawn of time

But if we can build in a rule now to help the future of the league, isn't that a good thing??

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about

Regular season standing

14th place=1 point
13th place =2 points
1st place =14 points

Milk, I commend your outside the box thinking, I truly do. You come up with stuff that no one else would ever even consider. The problem is, generally, there's a reason no one else considers it. Unfortunately, this is one of those times.

I think your confusing this group of owners with, well I don't know what to call them. ..casual owners maybe? ? No one in this group needs anything more than standard plain old plain old fantasy football to stay engaged, and im about 99% sure that'll never change. The rules dont make the hobby interesting. The game itself does, but even more so, the people you're in the league with do. And there's no group I've ever been around who I'm more sure about to keep the league interesting than this group. So no, there's zero reason to need to spice things up, now or in the future. If changes or tweaks need to be made, I'm sure we can all come to a majority agreement and make them. Maybe a change in the scoring, the waiver system, the roster size, the starting lineup requirements/positions, the way the draft operates. All kinds of tweaks can be made without exposing everyone to potentially screwy rules that were not agreed to by a majority beforehand, which is what your proposing. I'd like to think no one would do anything crazy if given that power, but why take the risk? Thers the tiniest of upsides, and a very real potential that one rule change disenchants most of the league and it all falls apart. The risk reward isn't even in the neighborhood of a good idea.

That's my 2 cents on it anyways

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I commend your outside the box thinking, I truly do. You come up with stuff that no one else would ever even consider. The problem is, generally, there's a reason no one else considers it. Unfortunately, this is one of those times.

I think your confusing this group of owners with, well I don't know what to call them. ..casual owners maybe? ? No one in this group needs anything more than standard plain old plain old fantasy football to stay engaged, and im about 99% sure that'll never change. The rules dont make the hobby interesting. The game itself does, but even more so, the people you're in the league with do. And there's no group I've ever been around who I'm more sure about to keep the league interesting than this group. So no, there's zero reason to need to spice things up, now or in the future. If changes or tweaks need to be made, I'm sure we can all come to a majority agreement and make them. Maybe a change in the scoring, the waiver system, the roster size, the starting lineup requirements/positions, the way the draft operates. All kinds of tweaks can be made without exposing everyone to potentially screwy rules that were not agreed to by a majority beforehand, which is what your proposing. I'd like to think no one would do anything crazy if given that power, but why take the risk? Thers the tiniest of upsides, and a very real potential that one rule change disenchants most of the league and it all falls apart. The risk reward isn't even in the neighborhood of a good idea.

That's my 2 cents on it anyways

Maybe your right, but I am not worried about this season or next... It is the monotonous, one note that most dynasty leagues can hit...

The best leagues need to get spiced up once in a while too... All I am trying to do is build in a way to spice it up for the future... Protect from future problems that ALL leagues have... Especially dynasty leagues... and especially free leagues...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we can protect from the Power monger who wants to input rules that are too crazy...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the idea of keeping track of points over the years. Not just overall scoring, record or championships. But a grading system that could determine who really had the most success over a certain time period.

Just for a little extra something.

I really like everyone being involved in the decision making. The democratic process is alive and well here. Thanks to our not so scarce polls.

And I agree with Bars Epic Poem up there.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about some fun little gimmicks. Like how about the first non playoff team can rename the last place team every season.

Little punishment for sucking and a little reward to actually be a decent team.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about some fun little gimmicks. Like how about the first non playoff team can rename the last place team every season.

Little punishment for sucking and a little reward to actually be a decent team.

Ha, I like that one.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the idea of keeping track of points over the years. Not just overall scoring, record or championships. But a grading system that could determine who really had the most success over a certain time period.

Just for a little extra something.

I really like everyone being involved in the decision making. The democratic process is alive and well here. Thanks to our not so scarce polls.

And I agree with Bars Epic Poem up there.
That part I do like, just not tying it to anything outside of bragging rights

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sent you one, @Barilko - you may reject at your leisure. ;)