• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Dynasty draft order

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If some one wins the standing tiebreaker that team finishes higher and thus gets the later draft pick

For me that should not be in doubt
right, but he beat me, and i get the later pick..........

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H2H with tied team. I beat you the second to last week. If we would've played twice and each won one, it would be whomever scored the most pts in the season.

so the worse u finish, the better draft pick you get.......

but the tie breaker is head to head and if you WIN that you get a better pick:noidea:

If some one wins the standing tiebreaker that team finishes higher and thus gets the later draft pick

see im confused

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the worse u finish, the better draft pick you get.......

but the tie breaker is head to head and if you WIN that you get a better pick:noidea:
Yes. Otherwise, a team could just tank on purpose and guarantee that pick.
see im confused
But the team that won the tiebreaker "earned" the better spot. Just like in playoff tiebreaks, you wouldn't give the better playoff spot to the team that lost the tiebreak. That team "earned" a better playoff spot, or simply a playoff spot.

The rules for winning the tiebreak are first H2H then total season points. I took that as the winner of the tiebreak gets the better position. If I took that wrong I will change our order. The rules don't say who gets what position based on the H2H, just that that team is the winner. Seemed odd to me that you "win" something and get "punished" so to say. But that is simply how I took it. I'm not trying to cause a stir over 1spot.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will someone be tracking all the traded draft spots on here ???

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Otherwise, a team could just tank on purpose and guarantee that pick.

But the team that won the tiebreaker "earned" the better spot. Just like in playoff tiebreaks, you wouldn't give the better playoff spot to the team that lost the tiebreak. That team "earned" a better playoff spot, or simply a playoff spot.

The rules for winning the tiebreak are first H2H then total season points. I took that as the winner of the tiebreak gets the better position. If I took that wrong I will change our order. The rules don't say who gets what position based on the H2H, just that that team is the winner. Seemed odd to me that you "win" something and get "punished" so to say. But that is simply how I took it. I'm not trying to cause a stir over 1spot.
That makes no sense. For draft order it's for the team with worst record. So u lose games , and pick worse . Just saying. It is what it is

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. For draft order it's for the team with worst record. So u lose games , and pick worse . Just saying. It is what it is
It makes sense to me. If you win something, like a tiebreak, why should u be "punished" with a lower spot?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I'll change it if I am not taking the tiebreak scenarios as it meant to be. Nothing I read explains who gets what pick, so I just went off of what made sense to me.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I took it as I "won" the tiebreaker so I got rewarded with a higher pick. As I've stated before, I gots no issue changing it. Simply how I took the rule. So there was a bit of doubt I suppose.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I took it as I "won" the tiebreaker so I got rewarded with a higher pick. As I've stated before, I gots no issue changing it. Simply how I took the rule. So there was a bit of doubt I suppose.
Bud I'm not bitching, it's just illogical. The worst teams are supposed to get the better draft picks. So if you lose, you should theoretically get a better pick. In this case I lost, so therefore I get a worse pick essentially double fn me. Welcome back btw I'm not attacking you in anything.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud I'm not bitching, it's just illogical. The worst teams are supposed to get the better draft picks. So if you lose, you should theoretically get a better pick. In this case I lost, so therefore I get a worse pick essentially double fn me. Welcome back btw I'm not attacking you in anything.
I'm not taking it that way at all. Just trying to explain my reasoning. Maybe a poll is needed to clarify the rule? I read how much you like polls.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would've never considered it, and probably would've done exactly the same thing, but I think SP is right "winning" a tie breaker in the standings should result in the lower pick. Odd the things that come up that you'd never think about

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with SP, if I am understanding this correctly. If teams 1 and 2 finished with the same record but team 1 beat team 2 I would assume team 1 would finish better thus having a worse draft pick.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with micro here. If playoff teams automatically get the last draft picks then it is actually a disadvantage to win a tie breaker. That makes no sense.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we reward actual standings somehow, I would prefer a tie break win to get the higher pick.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we reward actual standings somehow, I would prefer a tie break win to get the higher pick.

I think that is exactly what we are doing by giving the better pick to the person who finished the season worst, if that makes sense.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another subject - the draft order (I think) looks like this as of 04-06-16. Bolded are new in that slot.

RD 1
1) Barilko's Oilers
2) Milk's Flying Graysons
3) Cru Jones
4) Steelers Pride
5) Fuzzy Power
6) Harold Seattle
7) Cheesehead from (Soggy Bottom Boyz)
8) Smitty's Snakes
9) The Ralph(TKO)
10) Mickey's Pirates(OBX)
11) Ram Tough
12) That's What Cheesehead
13) Harold from (The Feet)
14) Treff's Fudpuckers

RD 2
1) Barilko's Oilers
3) Cru Jones
4) Soggy Bottom from (Steelers Pride)
5) Fuzzy Power
6) Harold Seattle
7) Soggy Bottom Boyz
8) Smitty's Snakes
9) The Ralph(TKO)
11) Ram Tough
12) Soggy Bottom from (That's What Cheesehead)
13) Harold Seattle from (The Feet)
14) Treff's Fudpuckers

RD 3
1) Barilko's Oilers
3) Cru Jones
4) Steelers Pride
5) Fuzzy Power
6) Harold Seattle
7) Soggy Bottom Boyz
8) Smitty's Snakes
9) The Ralph(TKO)
11) Ram Tough
12) That's What Cheesehead
13) Harold Seattle from (The Feet)
14) Treff's Fudpuckers

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is exactly what we are doing by giving the better pick to the person who finished the season worst, if that makes sense.

see, this has always been my problem with dynasties, outside of playoff teams, it is actually a disadvantage to be a better team... There is no incentive to be good outside of just ego...

I understand why we want to make the draft order the reverse order, but we are not rewarding the better teams in any way...

I would love to find a way to reward the teams... But if we cant find a way, then in a tie breaker, the winner, at the very least should actually win something...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see, this has always been my problem with dynasties, outside of playoff teams, it is actually a disadvantage to be a better team... There is no incentive to be good outside of just ego...

I understand why we want to make the draft order the reverse order, but we are not rewarding the better teams in any way...

I would love to find a way to reward the teams... But if we cant find a way, then in a tie breaker, the winner, at the very least should actually win something...
I understand. However given the competitiveness of us and our league im not too worried about people tanking. Sure it might happen but generally those are the teams that need the most help so they should be down there. I get what you are saying about rewarding people however giving a manager a better pick and a better season ending position seems too much