• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather...

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How anyone like/root for a scumbag like mayweather is beyond me

Nobody likes Mayweather. Even his own family doesn't like the mother fucker. But for some of us personal feelings don't change the color of the sky. As much as I would like to see Floyd carried off in a stretcher while STILL unconscious, that doesn't mean I believe the sky is green, that unicorns exist, or that Mayweather is scared of todays Manny Pacquiao.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98% of boxing fans would probably disagree that fighting Cotto would do more for FM's legacy than fighting a "washed up" Pac.

Further, isn't it a bit unfair to now say Pac is too washed up to mean much when the only reason he got to "washed up" status was because Mayweather ducked him so long to get him there?

He's not washed up, but he's not in his prime either. It'd still be a good fight. If he was washed up, Mayweather avoiding him makes even less sense.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98% of boxing fans would probably disagree that fighting Cotto would do more for FM's legacy than fighting a "washed up" Pac.

Further, isn't it a bit unfair to now say Pac is too washed up to mean much when the only reason he got to "washed up" status was because Mayweather ducked him so long to get him there?

He's not washed up, but he's not in his prime either. It'd still be a good fight. If he was washed up, Mayweather avoiding him makes even less sense.

98% of Boxing fans would not agree with that. I doubt even 98% of the general public would agree with that, and those are the type of people who don't know the history of the middleweight belt, the type that don't know what division Mayweather even fights at, and have never heard of Gennady Golovkin, Saul Alverez, Peter Quillin, Kieth Thurman, etc. The guys who are going to be fighting for that middleweight belt for the next 5 years+. The general public doesn't know dick about boxing, but they have heard of Mayweather and Pacquiao and told 5 years ago that it would be a good fight. So they keep demanding it, even now because it must still be a good fight. But it doesn't matter anyway. None of them will pay to watch it, and most won't even watch it if it's free.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98% of Boxing fans would not agree with that. I doubt even 98% of the general public would agree with that, and those are the type of people who don't know the history of the middleweight belt, the type that don't know what division Mayweather even fights at, and have never heard of Gennady Golovkin, Saul Alverez, Peter Quillin, Kieth Thurman, etc. The guys who are going to be fighting for that middleweight belt for the next 5 years+. The general public doesn't know dick about boxing, but they have heard of Mayweather and Pacquiao and told 5 years ago that it would be a good fight. So they keep demanding it, even now because it must still be a good fight. But it doesn't matter anyway. None of them will pay to watch it, and most won't even watch it if it's free.

I have no words. Just :L

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd raise that figure to 99.9999%. Floyd's already fought and beat Cotto.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody likes Mayweather. Even his own family doesn't like the mother fucker. But for some of us personal feelings don't change the color of the sky. As much as I would like to see Floyd carried off in a stretcher while STILL unconscious, that doesn't mean I believe the sky is green, that unicorns exist, or that Mayweather is scared of todays Manny Pacquiao.

LMAO, TLF is that you?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree Arum is part of the problem. Can't stand the guy. However, that just doesn't excuse FM ducking this fight AGAIN. It's boxing...you are going to have to deal with people on the other side you don't like. Get over it.

Mayweather is scared to fight Pac. What other reason would there be? He'd make more money fighting him than anyone by a galaxy and isn't his nickname "MONEY"?!

Sorry, if it's not 98% or 99% it's pretty darned close. You are in the irrelevant minority (to include largely FM's himself and like 7 other people) if you think FM fighting Cotto (again) will do more for his legacy than PAC.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arum has recently stated that the fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao should be finalized soon. Are you ready to admit you're dumb?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, where are the people that said Mayweather was scared to make this fight happen after Pacman agreed?

That's the problem with you Mayweather haters, yall come up with your own conclusions because Manny's camp run to the media, while Mayweather do things behind the scene and yall think he's scared. While yall hating on May, saying he's running, they were working out a deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Arum said something doesn't mean it is true.

Dan Rafeal of espn said they're still far away especially in the tv part of the deal. He said if it does get done it will not happen until the middle of next week so do n't get your hopes up just yet

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years too late. I'd still watch the fight. For free.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, where are the people that said Mayweather was scared to make this fight happen after Pacman agreed?

That's the problem with you Mayweather haters, yall come up with your own conclusions because Manny's camp run to the media, while Mayweather do things behind the scene and yall think he's scared. While yall hating on May, saying he's running, they were working out a deal.

well 5 years ago it was "gonna happen" & it didn't.

BTW the key words is "was" he wanted no part of fighting Pac, back then. Which is true (not hating)
Whether he is still afraid or isn't, is irrelevant to what he was then, when it came about that he was afraid. Pac loses a couple fights, Mayweather feels a little better. Mayweather only a couple fights from retiring & understands the boxing world will consider him afraid if he doesn't fight Pac before he retires. Think Mayweather waited as long as he could/would before taking the fight. That is if the fight even happens still.

He has a world of excuses why not to fight certain top competition. When accused of cherry picking opponents he doesn't deny it. He cherishes it. Claiming because he has the smartest people working for him. He never claims to want to fight the best. Just what makes him the richest. What makes him that is staying undefeated. Which means avoiding certain dangerous fighters.

It is the way of the boxing world nowadays.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Floyd is one of the best boxers ever, he's probably better than manny, but he's also one of the big reasons for boxings decline. If he would have accepted the pacman fight in their primes, he could have saved boxing. Now, nobody outside of hardcore boxing fans even gives a shit. Way to ruin the sport.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Floyd is one of the best boxers ever, he's probably better than manny, but he's also one of the big reasons for boxings decline. If he would have accepted the pacman fight in their primes, he could have saved boxing. Now, nobody outside of hardcore boxing fans even gives a shit. Way to ruin the sport.

I agree he has bad ass skills.

but if he took on the top guys instead of the hand picked guys.

I would think of him more as a 49-1 boxing career (fighting all the top guys) vs a hand picked 50-0 career. hell even if he lost a couple fights he would still be considered one of the best.

He has proven not losing gives you more money than giving fans what they want. Now others are following that model. Hell some give up belts so they don't have to fight an opponent & risk a loss.

So I agree he has helped ruin boxing. (in some degree)

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Arum said something doesn't mean it is true.

Dan Rafeal of espn said they're still far away especially in the tv part of the deal. He said if it does get done it will not happen until the middle of next week so do n't get your hopes up just yet

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, so now it don't matter what Arum says? Why does he have Manny fans so brainwashed then?

Btw, just because Dan Rafeal said something, doesn't make it true.

If I had to pick, I'll choose the guy who is part of the negotiations, than a boxing expert who is relying on sources.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well 5 years ago it was "gonna happen" & it didn't.

BTW the key words is "was" he wanted no part of fighting Pac, back then. Which is true (not hating)
Whether he is still afraid or isn't, is irrelevant to what he was then, when it came about that he was afraid. Pac loses a couple fights, Mayweather feels a little better. Mayweather only a couple fights from retiring & understands the boxing world will consider him afraid if he doesn't fight Pac before he retires. Think Mayweather waited as long as he could/would before taking the fight. That is if the fight even happens still.

He has a world of excuses why not to fight certain top competition. When accused of cherry picking opponents he doesn't deny it. He cherishes it. Claiming because he has the smartest people working for him. He never claims to want to fight the best. Just what makes him the richest. What makes him that is staying undefeated. Which means avoiding certain dangerous fighters.

It is the way of the boxing world nowadays.

When this fight was about to happen about 5 years ago, who was the one that backed out because they said they were scared of needles?

I ask people this all the time. How was Maywether scared, when he attempted to get this fight going the first time? Shouldn't someone scary, not even try to make the fight happen?

People just hate Money May.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a bunch of bullshit! First, Mayweather is the reason non hardcore boxing fans even watch boxing. Second, rather the fight happened the first time or now, it would not save boxing. That is wishful thinking. Boxing needs more big names, especially in heavyweight. Third, you are crazy to think only hardcore boxing fans will watch. This fight will be the biggest fight in boxing history.