• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny cant beat Floyd right now. He probably never could. I dont like Mayweathers persona but he is light years better than Manny as a boxer. I love Mannys style and his grit but he cant beat Floyd.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If mayweather is sooo Confident. Then give the winner the lions share of 60-40 (or whatever split he is demanding)
I always thought the winner should get the bigger purse no matter who the name is. But that is just me.

That's a bad business model though. Why would Mayweather who no doubt is the biggest draw in boxing by a long shot do that. It makes no sense. We know that all these athletes...including Manny, money is priority 1 or 2. Win or lose Floyd is the PFP greatest in the world he deserves the biggest purse.:suds:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather isn't afraid of Manny, he just has never had a fight where he couldn't dictate all the terms of the fight. Manny is big enough that he doesn't have to let Mayweather dicate terms. I hope for boxing's sake we get this fight next year. I think it may finally happen. 5 years ago this would have been an epic fight that I would go with Mayweather winning a close decision. Today, Mayweather would mop the floor with Manny. I don't think he's scared of Manny at all, he could just never get over the idea that he couldn't dictate terms to Manny.

:agree: I agree 100% Ive been saying this for years.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bad business model though. Why would Mayweather who no doubt is the biggest draw in boxing by a long shot do that. It makes no sense. We know that all these athletes...including Manny, money is priority 1 or 2. Win or lose Floyd is the PFP greatest in the world he deserves the biggest purse.:suds:

yeah I know money ruined boxing. They should have never allowed fame to dictate purses. You should have a winners purse & losers purse imo. I know we can never go back to those days, because it is all about the benji's, but if boxing never allowed it in the 1st place. We could see a lot more good fights.
While I am crying, I think the politics between HBO & SHO also have helped to ruin possible great match ups. Way to much politics in boxing now.
Top names would search out other top names because the winners & the losers purse would be bigger.

I like the fighters that will fight anyone.
What a new or no name guy that is dangerous. Everyone avoids fighting those guys. I appreciate the guys that say bring them on I will beat them too! Although I will admit. Not to many of those fighters left.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I know money ruined boxing. They should have never allowed fame to dictate purses. You should have a winners purse & losers purse imo. I know we can never go back to those days, because it is all about the benji's, but if boxing never allowed it in the 1st place. We could see a lot more good fights.
While I am crying, I think the politics between HBO & SHO also have helped to ruin possible great match ups. Way to much politics in boxing now.
Top names would search out other top names because the winners & the losers purse would be bigger.

I like the fighters that will fight anyone.
What a new or no name guy that is dangerous. Everyone avoids fighting those guys. I appreciate the guys that say bring them on I will beat them too! Although I will admit. Not to many of those fighters left.

I agree and to go a step further it should be mandatory; that the big name fighters fight if they're ranked. to refuse a mandatory match they should impose some type of salary cap say 1M max until you fight your mandatory match. You play with these dudes money and then they will have no choice but to fight the best opponent available. This would save boxing IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it is being confirmed, Money May have been trying to get this fight going, for years, behind the scenes but Bob Arum has been in the way.

It's crazy how much Bob Arum have Manny fans so brainwashed. He is the major problem. If Manny had a different guy, this fight would've been happened.

Manny has now said that he will fight for free. Of course, he don't mean literally, but he is willing to accept Money May's demands. But lets see how Bob Arum will fuck this up.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even call myself a Manny fan, the last boxer I was a fan of was Oscar De La Hoya and we all know how that turned out against Manny. I'd call myself a boxing fan, which is why it is hard for me to understand why Mayweather's undefeated record is held so highly. Julio Cesar Chavez didn't lose until his 91st fight, and that was by split decision. I can keep on going down the list of boxers who had better careers than Mayweather.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd is human garbage. A talented boxer, but worthless as a human being.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go watch golf if you want class.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those saying that Mayweather has a better legacy than Pacquiao:

Last edited by a moderator:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between being classless vs. being a buffoon (Richard Sherman) vs. being human garbage (Mayweather)

I don't require class in my sports or I would never watch an NFL game. But there are the lowest of the low and Floyd resides somewhere down there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball is in Mayweather's court now.

Pacman and his team has agreed to terms ( May 2nd in the MGM Grand with a 60/40 split)

What cop out will Floyd use now to get out of the fight?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny Pacquiao agrees to terms for fight with Floyd Mayweather - ESPN

According to the Pacquiao side, everything was agreed to, including the gloves and drug testing. As far as the gloves go, each fighter would be able to select his own brand of 8-ounce gloves. Mayweather typically wears Grant gloves and Pacquiao fights in Cleto Reyes.

The drug testing protocol was the one open item that caused the fight to fall apart when it was first negotiated in late 2009 and early 2010. Mayweather wanted Pacquiao to submit to random Olympic-style drug testing, and he declined to do the kind of testing Mayweather (47-0, 26 KOs), who turns 38 in February, wanted.

However, Moretti said Pacquiao (57-5-2, 38 KOs), 36, who has subjected himself (and his opponents) to random testing by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association for his recent bouts, has gone so far as to agree to use the United States Anti-Doping Agency, which has randomly tested Mayweather (and his opponents) for years.

"I think that Manny agreed to USADA testing shows you his eagerness to make this fight," Moretti said.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball is in Mayweather's court now.

Pacman and his team has agreed to terms ( May 2nd in the MGM Grand with a 60/40 split)

What cop out will Floyd use now to get out of the fight?

I hope he refuses. This fight doesn't deserve to go down. It should have happened in 2010 or 11. Now? Both are past their primes. People shouldn't pay a dime for this

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he refuses. This fight doesn't deserve to go down. It should have happened in 2010 or 11. Now? Both are past their primes. People shouldn't pay a dime for this

I agree but better late than never.....And I don't plan on paying a dime.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt 2010 or even 2011 would have been ideal, but FM was not going to fight then. Once Manny lost and seemed to be losing his edge a bit, that was our only hope for this fight.

I still want to see it and will watch though. Both guys will be training their butts off and be ready to bring their A game...unless Mayweather gets arrested or just decides "oh, and one more thing..." and wants Manny to do daily drug tests, etc.