• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Jones

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As quickly as they abandoned the run and went pass happy, Barry Sanders wouldn't have help. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 carries for jones so far to 2 for Morris. Jones looking good too. Probably gonna have a better game than gore again. Damn

Both RB's sucked last night. ....

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody would give anything for him anyways

I'll say this for ya...when you dislike someone, you really dislike them. ;)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. All running backs pretty much sucked last night. Willams gets a pass for the TD.
Chris Thompson want too bad. ..too bad there's no way anyone ever would've owned him, let alone played him. But now we know what Gruden will do when he falls behind by 2 scores. ..., hit the panic button, eff the running game, stick the 3rd string RB in and go pass happy with a sub mediocre QB...can't see how that won't work

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this for ya...when you dislike someone, you really dislike them. ;)
Ha..yeah, I just don't see any reason why he's been the starter the past 3 seasons. ..he's great as a role player. A guy to lean on for a full game? Just handicapping your offense, plain and simple.

Someone would give a mid-late round pick, definitely a day 3, for him I'm sure, but it wouldn't be to be their main RB

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Thompson want too bad. ..too bad there's no way anyone ever would've owned him, let alone played him. But now we know what Gruden will do when he falls behind by 2 scores. ..., hit the panic button, eff the running game, stick the 3rd string RB in and go pass happy with a sub mediocre QB...can't see how that won't work

You're right, I forgot about him, although his performance might've been due to the circumstances. One guy who impressed me a bit on the Skins was Crowder. Kid may be movin' on up pretty soon.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones started off well but then nothing after that. But morris only played 12 snaps yesterday. Compared to jones 26

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that someone thought I was dumb enough to take either morris for allen robinson straight up for djax plus morris for robinson haha.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha..yeah, I just don't see any reason why he's been the starter the past 3 seasons. ..he's great as a role player. A guy to lean on for a full game? Just handicapping your offense, plain and simple.

Someone would give a mid-late round pick, definitely a day 3, for him I'm sure, but it wouldn't be to be their main RB

Correct me if I'm wrong but u think the same of leveon bell

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong but u think the same of leveon bell
Your not entirely wrong...at first I thought the same about him, coming into his rookie year. He proved otherwise, valuable asset in the passing attack, much more nimble than I thought he would be, excellent vision. Still think he has below average on the field speed, and not as much power as I would hope from a guy his size, but he's proven himself. Alf however has just continued to regress, and wasnt that good to start with, zero in the passing game, and what little vision/instincts/whatever, he had is leaving him, short on speed...and on and on. Wouldn't mind having him for short yardage, but get me the first down and get yer ass back on the bench

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones had his chances. If he held on to the damn ball, we are looking at a 10 point night.

The thing that frustrated me was that Jones never once went out for a pass. He was in pass pro literally every time the Skins threw.

Also, I don't think it fair to say Gruden abandoned the run game. They did not get a first down in the 1st quarter, had a great drive in the second quarter, then NY had long clock draining drives both to end the first half and start the second. The skins were down 15-3 with about 6 minutes left in the third when they get it back. The game flow was very bizarre.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not entirely wrong...at first I thought the same about him, coming into his rookie year. He proved otherwise, valuable asset in the passing attack, much more nimble than I thought he would be, excellent vision. Still think he has below average on the field speed, and not as much power as I would hope from a guy his size, but he's proven himself. Alf however has just continued to regress, and wasnt that good to start with, zero in the passing game, and what little vision/instincts/whatever, he had is leaving him, short on speed...and on and on. Wouldn't mind having him for short yardage, but get me the first down and get yer ass back on the bench
My man. Great explanation

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones had his chances. If he held on to the damn ball, we are looking at a 10 point night.

The thing that frustrated me was that Jones never once went out for a pass. He was in pass pro literally every time the Skins threw.

Also, I don't think it fair to say Gruden abandoned the run game. They did not get a first down in the 1st quarter, had a great drive in the second quarter, then NY had long clock draining drives both to end the first half and start the second. The skins were down 15-3 with about 6 minutes left in the third when they get it back. The game flow was very bizarre.

Even with the touchdown neither looked good but jones looked better. But the whole run game together wasn't good

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree that the Giants did an excellent job of controlling the ball - but even at 15-3 midway into the 3rd, skins probably should not have panicked and gone strictly pass. A TD in those 6 minutes left in the 3rd makes it 15-10 with a quarter to play. .... agree, game flow was bizarre.

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ultimate sin - I dropped Jones in 2 of the 3 leagues I had him right before the Rams game. My thought process was that I would grab back up off waivers, after the Rams held the entire WAS offense in check all day.

And we saw how that turned out. Didn't get him back in either league I dropped him in, F me.
Just dropped Alf Morris for Antonio Gates, only league he was still available in this late.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ultimate sin - I dropped Jones in 2 of the 3 leagues I had him right before the Rams game. My thought process was that I would grab back up off waivers, after the Rams held the entire WAS offense in check all day.

And we saw how that turned out. Didn't get him back in either league I dropped him in, F me.
Just dropped Alf Morris for Antonio Gates, only league he was still available in this late.
Ouch!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready to pull the plug...

week 3 = 1 pt
week 4 = 1 pt

I bought in to him and he's killing me in a couple of leagues.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe, RB's are hard to get a handle on when they can't get consistent touches and are constantly back and forth between the bench and the field. The one game I saw that he was able to get into rythm, he did well...that's what I'm hanging onto for now