• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Jones

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Jones may be the most undervalued player in 2015 drafts. Many people are considering him as an expendable flyer because of his ADP, but we are talking about a player who should get 8-10 touches a game from day 1, with potential for much more later.

My prediction: if both players stay healthy all year, jones will out score Morris in PPR formats.

Based on his ability and his current role, Jones should have been drafted at the same time as Ryan Mathews and Tevin Coleman. Instead, he is unowned in almost 80% of leagues. If yours is one of them, fix it now!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman is the starter in Atlanta. So, no. Matthews is gonna be used a LOT. So, no again.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with kramer, but more politely.

I know the coaches are high on Jones, but it's the off season, and there's no reason to think Morris won't be his same old boring self. DeMarco, on the other hand, was run into the ground last year after being injury plagued previously, and the Eagles run a boatload of plays.

Coleman, though, has a pretty low ceiling. If Matt Jones ends up with the starting gig, he'll blow past him.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Jones may be the most undervalued player in 2015 drafts. Many people are considering him as an expendable flyer because of his ADP, but we are talking about a player who should get 8-10 touches a game from day 1, with potential for much more later.

My prediction: if both players stay healthy all year, jones will out score Morris in PPR formats.

Based on his ability and his current role, Jones should have been drafted at the same time as Ryan Mathews and Tevin Coleman. Instead, he is unowned in almost 80% of leagues. If yours is one of them, fix it now!
He went in the 10th round of my keeper league draft Monday night..............so did Coleman..............I didn't have a pick in that round or I was gonna grab either him or Coleman if they made it back to me in the 11th.........but I had Coleman in front of him FWIW.............but I would take either over Matthews in a heart beat.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman is the starter in Atlanta. So, no. Matthews is gonna be used a LOT. So, no again.

Coleman is in a timeshare with a 50-50 split. I am not putting him down, simply stating that Jones is seriously undervalued. And you, Kramer are wrong. Bring some info and content instead of just saying "no", and maybe people would respect your opinions a little.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sproles is still there too and I understand he's the "3rd Down Back" but seemed to me last year he saw a lot more time than your normal 3rd down back.............now I understand that had something to do with Shady not playing as well as we're used to but I'd rather have a lead guy in a timeshare than a number 2 guy in a timeshare BEHIND the number 1 guy.............guess I'm just not a fan of Matthews................

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil,

There is a big reason to think Morris won't be the same. He does not fit Gruden's offense at all. In fact, he is such a poor fit that He skins hand picked a replacement RB in the 4th round despite multiple glaring holes elsewhere.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman is in a timeshare with a 50-50 split. I am not putting him down, simply stating that Jones is seriously undervalued. And you, Kramer are wrong. Bring some info and content instead of just saying "no", and maybe people would respect your opinions a little.
No

"In before Kramer"

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coleman is the starter. That's just a fact. Jones isn't. Another fact.

Matthews is a proven commodity in a high paced offense behind what many to be an injury waiting to happen #1 rb. He'll be used a ton because of this FACT.

Jones is not worth a start in anything but the ridiculously of deepest leagues. I'm in a 14 team money league. He wasn't drafted. Nor should he have been.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matthews is a proven commodity in a high paced offense behind what many to be an injury waiting to happen #1 rb. He'll be used a ton because of this FACT.

Jones is not worth a start in anything but the ridiculously of deepest leagues. I'm in a 14 team money league. He wasn't drafted. Nor should he have been.

Awesome.................an injury waiting to happen behind another injury waiting to happen.............just depends on who gets hurt first I guess..............

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome.................an injury waiting to happen behind another injury waiting to happen.............just depends on who gets hurt first I guess..............

Matthews will have a ton of touches regardless of injury, though. More than Jones. How is this even up for debate?

Jones isn't undervalued. He's not valuable at all.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews will have a ton of touches regardless of injury, though. More than Jones. How is this even up for debate?

Jones isn't undervalued. He's not valuable at all.
Guess what I'm saying is Matthews hasn't had the best rep with injury himself...............in that backfield I'm taking Murray or nobody.............

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess what I'm saying is Matthews hasn't had the best rep with injury himself...............in that backfield I'm taking Murray or nobody.............

No doubt. Neither is an option for any viable fantasy team. If you had to pick a handcuff it would be Matthews, though. That's what I'm saying.

I just realized the guy was a Redskins fan too. It's like me saying take Bernard. DON'T take Bernard btw. He sucks.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some facts are more transient than others.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. this is exactly what I am taking about.

Jones should be valued among the best handcuffs and the bottom tier starters, like Coleman and Mathews. That is what I am saying. He will be a lot more involved than you think, but go ahead and choose to ignore. If you allow him to be unowned in a 14 team league, you are making a huge mistake.

Simply saying that he won't get touches because You say so is not an argument at all. I am not saying anything negative about Coleman and Mathews. They are priced correctly. What I am saying is that jones should have similar value today, but most, like you are ignoring him.

You are wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. My fandom does not interfere with my fantasy analysis. I have 6 teams and Jones is the only Redskin I own because I am avoiding everyone else like toxic waste.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Neither is an option for any viable fantasy team. If you had to pick a handcuff it would be Matthews, though. That's what I'm saying.

I just realized the guy was a Redskins fan too. It's like me saying take Bernard. DON'T take Bernard btw. He sucks.

That's funny. Tlance ain't no homer. You'd think people would only be like that knowing the other..

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. this is exactly what I am taking about.

Jones should be valued among the best handcuffs and the bottom tier starters, like Coleman and Mathews. That is what I am saying. He will be a lot more involved than you think, but go ahead and choose to ignore. If you allow him to be unowned in a 14 team league, you are making a huge mistake.

Simply saying that he won't get touches because You say so is not an argument at all. I am not saying anything negative about Coleman and Mathews. They are priced correctly. What I am saying is that jones should have similar value today, but most, like you are ignoring him.

You are wrong.

Are you expecting 2013 Gio Bernard type numbers/usage from Jones? Remember, Green-Ellis was the starter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am expecting close to a 50-50 split between jones and Morris in terms of touches. Maybe not right away, but I guarantee you the Redskins coaches prefer Jones to Morris because of his versatility. Morris is a 0 in the passing game and Jones can do it all.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50/50? Wow. Ok then. Bernard got like 35-40% for Gruden in 2013. Bernard was a more highly touted back too.

I'm liking Dion Lewis as my next to last round type pick up (I always take kicker in last round).