• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Match ups you are most looking forward to

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgetown got a raw deal having to go play Eastern Washington up in Portland, Oregon.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU versus Villanova. Villanova hasn't seen a team the likes of LSU I'm aware.

It will shock all the prognosticators, but I predict Villanova will give LSU all they can handle and may squeak out the win!

As a UK fan who sees LSU every year....I think you should get your licks in on them this year.

Johnny Jones has slowly and stealthily been improving the Tigers; and IMO you will definitely see a different team next year...a vastly improved team from the past few years.

A team that will be able to beat you in multiple ways....and also tough enough to rip your head off in the process.

And I damn sure hate to see that happen....it only means more competition for UK in the SEC!

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a UK fan who sees LSU every year....I think you should get your licks in on them this year.

Johnny Jones has slowly and stealthily been improving the Tigers; and IMO you will definitely see a different team next year...a vastly improved team from the past few years.

A team that will be able to beat you in multiple ways....and also tough enough to rip your head off in the process.

And I damn sure hate to see that happen....it only means more competition for UK in the SEC!

It was a tongue in cheek jab at ESPN, who last night (one of the guys) said that Villanova hadn't seen a frontcourt/team the likes of LSU.

G'town is big. We beat Wiggins and Embiid last year. And the same guys beat Louisville and Syracuse as pups two years ago with all their NBA players. But I digress.

LSU has always been the same story to me. I know they have Simmons coming in, etc. They are able to haul in good classes every now and then because of the prestige of the school's athletic program, but the guys have no commitment to the team. They are using LSU as a springboard to the pros. That's why they can never build anything.

Last edited:

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a tongue in cheek jab at ESPN, who last night (one of the guys) said that Villanova hadn't seen a frontcourt/team the likes of LSU.

G'town is big. We beat Wiggins and Embiid last year. And the same guys beat Louisville and Syracuse as pups two years ago with all their NBA players. But I digress.

LSU has always been the same story to me. I know they have Simmons coming in, etc. They are able to haul in good classes every now and then because of the prestige of the school's athletic program, but the guys have no commitment to the team. They are using LSU as a springboard to the pros. That's why they can never build anything.

I know your post was tongue in cheek...but Johnny Jones is drawing in top-line recruits and building a good nucleus.

And seems like I heard a lot of comments {not from you} about UK being a steppingstone to the pros...that none of the players would stick around to make UK better...instead they would do a one and done and move on to the NBA.

The idea that OAD's would have no loyalty to the school and would bolt to the NBA hasn't worked out too well {34 times in a row this year} for every team that UK played so far has it?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your post was tongue in cheek...but Johnny Jones is drawing in top-line recruits and building a good nucleus.

And seems like I heard a lot of comments {not from you} about UK being a steppingstone to the pros...that none of the players would stick around to make UK better...instead they would do a one and done and move on to the NBA.

The idea that OAD's would have no loyalty to the school and would bolt to the NBA hasn't worked out too well {34 times in a row this year} for every team that UK played so far has it?

I suspect Ulis will be around for all 4 years; same for Lee. Also not sure if Aaron Harrison is ready for the pros, but chances are if Andrew goes; so does Aaron.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With UK, if you draw the #1 recruiting class, every year, you have a chance to win every year.

Some years they'll get guys who play for the team. Other years, they'll get guys who have their own agenda to look good for the NBA draft.

That's why one year you'll be preseason #1 and run off 34 wins in a row, and the next year, you'll be preseason #1 and fail to make the NCAA tournament. Usually not that extreme, but you get the point.

With LSU, it's the same, but they only have one year to make it happen instead of every year. If Simmons and Blakeney play for the team, LSU will be dangerous. If they don't, and/or Martin/Mickey don't, they'll be so-so.

Last edited:

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Ulis will be around for all 4 years; same for Lee. Also not sure if Aaron Harrison is ready for the pros, but chances are if Andrew goes; so does Aaron.

Without Cauley-Stein and the Harrisons staying this year, UK is still a #1/2 seed and a contender for the title.

So, yea, if they get their kids to stay every year, they win every year. Simple as that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ vs. Baylor

I'll be rooting for Georgia St and BYU/Ole Miss/Xavier to upset Baylor. While I'm confident that Zona would handle Baylor more times than not... they're exactly the type of team that could get Zona in a one-and-done format.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone who says that is really just jealous of what Cal has built there. These kids are the most unselfish I've seen. Karl Anthony-Towns would have been the NCAA player of the year, IMO, if he played for 99% of the other programs out there, he is that good. He might have averaged 20pts/12brds/4blks/3ass with normal playing time. 11 points per game for the leading scorer on the team that might be the first to go 40-0!

It's pretty incredible what Cal has done, and yet all most people try to do is blame him for Marcus Camby speaking to an agent and Derek Rose having somebody take his SATs for him.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first round:

Davidson/Iowa
Arkansas/Wofford
Utah/S.F.Austin
WVU/Buffalo

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if someone can just slay UK and wisky. My Zona pick is lookin good!!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK YES. Holy shit what a shot. Definitely happy Baylor is out with that zone.

Totally called it to. Looked at my buddy and said. Baylor is going to lose. They're going to can a 3 for the win. Kid throws a bomb.

I like your chances of getting to the Final Four now.