• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Key match ups that you're looking forward to on Sunday

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron vs Tillman

For whatever reason, Tillman has always seemed to fair well at keeping Calvin Johnson in check. With Tillman playing on a hobbled leg, it will be interesting to see if Megatron gets the better of him this time. One thing is for sure, if Tillman is forced to leave the game again, and the Bears have to stick the 5"7 175 pound Tim Jennings on Tillman. It could be a long afternoon for this Bears defense.

This secondary is going to have to play exceptionally well, because this front four has not been generating any kind of a pass rush. With Melton out for the season, it will only get more difficult.

Bears O-line vs Lions Defensive Front

Well... this is where Bears fans get to find out how "improved" this offensive line actually is. The protection has been pretty solid for Jay thus far, even if there have been a few missed run blocking assignments. However, with two rookies starting on the right side, I suppose that's expected.

I always tend to believe football games are won in the trenches, and this game is no different. The Bears offensive line has to keep Suh and company in check. On the other side of the ball, Peppers and the rest of the Bears D-line cannot allow Stafford to sit back and comfortably go through his progression. Getting into his 3rd and 4th reads.

So, there's a couple interesting match ups from a Bears fan point of view. How about you guys? What have you been struggling with most, and what do you think are the keys to beating this Bears team?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on those you mentioned.

My concern is Brandon Marshal and Alshon Jeffrey against our secondary. Cutler is getting the ball out very fast so getting a good jam at the line is going to be crucial. Forte is always a concern and will test our Linebackers for sure.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tillman vs. Megatron is way overblown by the Peanut hype train. I will give it to him for doing a great job of being physical at the line with Calvin, but the Bears always keep someone over top. I'm looking at our passing game versus their secondary and the two lines battling.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte v. Lions linebackers.

Always a nightmare for us.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on those you mentioned.

My concern is Brandon Marshal and Alshon Jeffrey against our secondary. Cutler is getting the ball out very fast so getting a good jam at the line is going to be crucial. Forte is always a concern and will test our Linebackers for sure.

:agree:

I think the bears will throw quick passes against our CB's. we usually play soft....so we will see....also our LB's covering forte out the backfield scares me too.....hopefully the homefield gives us the win..

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the lions will get around 3 sacks but the real key is going to be in the hidden stats. how many times did we pressure him to make the quick read, or hit cutler while he threw. a lot of this game will be decided in the trenches and either detroit's d line steps up and keeps cutler on his back or...

brandon marshall, forte, and jeffrey tire out our secondary with 7 yard completions that go for 20. i say it like that cause quinn has (knock on wood) always been good at containing the deep ball; while our corners struggle to consistently hold their guys on the short/intermediate routes.

also bush against briggs. briggs is usually good at sideline to sideline plays especially against the run. however bush does a lot more than run and it is going to be very interesting to see how briggs/bears secondary match up when we go empty backfield.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tillman vs. Megatron is way overblown by the Peanut hype train. I will give it to him for doing a great job of being physical at the line with Calvin, but the Bears always keep someone over top. I'm looking at our passing game versus their secondary and the two lines battling.

Well, that is true. They have run a Tampa 2 style defense in every meeting with Megatron up until now (The Bears run a more conventional cover 2 under Tucker).

However, denying the success Peanut has had against Tillman, is rather foolish. IMO, he's done a very good job.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers vs. Reiff and Bush vs. Bostic, or whichever LB they put on him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings vs which ever receiver the Lions lean on opposite Calvin. If jennings shuts that side down due to no Burelson then CJ and the entire offense is in for a long day.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martellus Bennett vs various members of our defense. He's already caught 3 passes in opposing end zones, I fear he adds to that number this weekend.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Williams is our mlb, Bostic has yet to get a snap.

Nice. Will be interesting and strange to not see Urlacher out there for the first time in forever.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. Will be interesting and strange to not see Urlacher out there for the first time in forever.

It's been very strange, indeed.

However, trust me. You'll get used to it as the announcers proceed to talk about it OVER AND OVER throughout the game. lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes it is strange, Bostic has to sit and learn how to cover, he looked great against the run tho. Big hitter, should be fun to watch him when he does get to play.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cj puts up 180-200 this week.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is true. They have run a Tampa 2 style defense in every meeting with Megatron up until now (The Bears run a more conventional cover 2 under Tucker).

However, denying the success Peanut has had against Tillman, is rather foolish. IMO, he's done a very good job.

You're reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. I have props to Tillman. I said that he's been great being physical at the line. I was not denying the success. I am denying that he is the one who shuts down Calvin. He is an integral part of the group of Bears players that cover Johnson every play. If they left him on an island he would get brutalized. The talking heads present it as if Peanut was shutting down Megatron in single coverage.

I sure hope you at wrong about the Bears being a cover 2 man team for your sake cause that means they at getting passed on like crazy while playing a strong anti passing defense. Unless you mean a traditional cover2 zone. But that would be a superfluous addition to the conversation with the responsibilities of the corners are the same.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

Dude... really? Why? Just why? Why the cunty comment? It's not necessary. I perfectly understood what you were saying.

I have props to Tillman. I said that he's been great being physical at the line. I was not denying the success. I am denying that he is the one who shuts down Calvin. He is an integral part of the group of Bears players that cover Johnson every play. If they left him on an island he would get brutalized. The talking heads present it as if Peanut was shutting down Megatron in single coverage.

And I never said you were wrong. I just simply said that Tillman has done a good job.

I sure hope you at wrong about the Bears being a cover 2 man team for your sake cause that means they at getting passed on like crazy while playing a strong anti passing defense. Unless you mean a traditional cover2 zone. But that would be a superfluous addition to the conversation with the responsibilities of the corners are the same.

Tucker still actually has some wrinkles of the old Tampa 2 shell (similar to Lovie) in the playbook, so I take that back. It's just not his base defense. A lot of times the corners cover short zones on each sideline, with the safeties taking deep thirds, and the MLB dropping back down the middle. AKA, Tampa 2.

Sometimes, Tucker will play man with his corners. Sometimes, he disguises coverages by playing Conte (the SS) up near the line of scrimmage and then drops him back into a deep half. He mixes it up a bit. He brought his own spin to the Bears defense of the years past.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler vs. his vagina.

Vegas has it over/under -1

not sure what it means but if Vegas is betting on it some guy in Tennessee is willing to put V-cash on it......I always have 25 vbucks to spend on vagina.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet on the vagina, even if it means giving a point.