• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marquise Williams

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's so weird that he hasn't announced yet. I know a good amount of people that know Marquise because I am from Charlotte and every single one of them has said he is a hokie. Also recruiting gurus have been saying he will be a hokie for quite some time now. I bet Butch just told him to keep it secret for a while so a lot of his players won't decomitt. But yea he is definitely a hokie.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really don't know why he feels obligated to keep it quiet. He doesn't owe anything to UNC. He is clearly drawn to UNC, but they screwed themselves with these possible sanctions causing him to look elsewhere. It's not like Golson kept his decommitment quiet.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i think he is either holding out because
A) he wants to have his moment and do it when people arent expecting it
B) he feels bad because when he was believing the lie's he recruited a few other players to NC
C) maybe he doesnt like the spotlight ( especially since it puts him in a negative light in his home state) so maybe he doesnt even announce and just shows up for class
D)Butch pressuring him into remaining silent in hopes of holding the rest of the class together.

46 im having a prob with the PM on this site, thats what i pm'd you on disney about. No hurry just check your mail when you get a chance. thanx

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So IC reporter claims Williams firmed his commitment to UNC today at the Shrine Bowl...is that the case?

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So IC reporter claims Williams firmed his commitment to UNC today at the Shrine Bowl...is that the case?

Yup. Scout article is up.

Scout.com: Williams Sticking with UNC

Literally the most confusing recruitment of a player I have ever seen. One minute everyone is saying he's a hokie, the other he reconfirms with UNC. Very very weird. I'm not too upset. Logan Thomas for 3 years then Throughgood/Young/Leal. I think we will be fine at QB.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just don't know if I trust IC after the crap the posted before the agent and cheating scandals, when they denied there would be any suspensions...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see come January.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i'll believe it when a solid source confirms it (scout is very wishy washy)or i see video of him saying it. Even if he did confirm today, the way his recruitment has been nothing is solid 'til it's in ink or he's in class IMO. I really really really want MW but if he goes elsewhere so be it, we took a VERY good QB in this class and have a solid group of young QB's already in the system.

-These recruiting battles are going to turn VT v/s university of non-compliance cheater hole into a pretty intense rivalry

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the craziest recruitments I can ever remember. I sort of semi-expected this,however, since he was going to be surrounded by other UNC recruits at the Shrine Bowl. Be curious to see what happens once the shine wears off the Shrine, so to speak.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the craziest recruitments I can ever remember. I sort of semi-expected this,however, since he was going to be surrounded by other UNC recruits at the Shrine Bowl. Be curious to see what happens once the shine wears off the Shrine, so to speak.

I think MW would be a great pickup but I am more interested to see how the others play out. We are solid at QB and I think VT has other needs that they need to address other than QB. So if we wiff on him, no huge deal. A local writer has pretty well said that M. Holmes is a lock to VT,considering Evans and/or Williams will leave. He is just waiting on the VA AA playoffs to end to make a committment (his team H'burg lost in the state finals yesterday). As well as Hughes and Terrell. Hughes will commit to either VT or MD next Sat. (Dec. 18th) at a local restaurant in 757. I heard somewhere that Nicholson may even give us a visit?? I think we should end up with at least 2 or 3 of these guys.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes committed on Wednesday. It wants to keep it quiet. I agree with sparks. I was a tgood guy from the start as I have said a bunch but I would love MW also. I am excited for next Saturday when Hughes decides. If we can get him I like what that does for our momentum. Also keep you eye out on potential fallout from the pitt/wanny firing. Pitt and VT go after a lot of the same guys and the same type of player. If we can get hughes and Anthony on board to go with van dyke, Roth, Harley, Marshall, aromire and Farrow I am liking this class. Toss in some of last years greyshirts (farris and Taylor) and we have a fun spring and summer ahead. I am going to start the positional prognoses with QB tomorrow. I anted to wait until I heaard more on MW.

Have a great day Hokies!