• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marky P = Billy C

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo: "I know what I'm doing defensively. Last thing i'm gonig to be doing is shaking my confidence. That won't happen."

Wow!!!!! Where have we heard something very similar to this before? Oh yeah, "We are doing an excellent job in every area.". That is from Bill Callahan in 2007 shortly before he was fired. What a joke of a head coach this arrogant puke that we have is!!!!!

Another gem: Bo, on firing assistants during season like Wisconsin did, "There'd have to be extreme circumstances for me to do that."

Of course!!!! This is the same idiot that kept Shawn Watson on his staff until he was able to find him a new job somewhere else just to make your self look loyal. How about you stay loyal to your job and your university and do what is best for Nebraska and quit looking for a different job every year. Wait, on second thought, that last thing is actually a great idea!!!!

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank solich, HWSNBN, Bo Pelini. marry one, fuck one, kill one. Go Jed

X Factor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo: "I know what I'm doing defensively. Last thing i'm gonig to be doing is shaking my confidence. That won't happen."

Wow!!!!! Where have we heard something very similar to this before? Oh yeah, "We are doing an excellent job in every area.". That is from Bill Callahan in 2007 shortly before he was fired. What a joke of a head coach this arrogant puke that we have is!!!!!

Another gem: Bo, on firing assistants during season like Wisconsin did, "There'd have to be extreme circumstances for me to do that."

Of course!!!! This is the same idiot that kept Shawn Watson on his staff until he was able to find him a new job somewhere else just to make your self look loyal. How about you stay loyal to your job and your university and do what is best for Nebraska and quit looking for a different job every year. Wait, on second thought, that last thing is actually a great idea!!!!

Jed,

That your real name or screen name?

I have only been here for a short time but I am not sure I would label Bo the way you are without know the context or where you heard him say this?

All football coaches have to have some arrogance to them to be leaders but to say he is a know it all, I am not sure if him saying “Last thing I’m going to be doing is shaking my confidence” qualifies for him being put into the same boat as BC.

Also, I am not sure where the Wisconsin thing came up so can't tell where the context of your comment comes from so it’s hard for me to rationalize anything relating to that.

I do agree with your bottom statements of loyalty to the university over that of colleagues and players!

Although I am not a 100% BOliever, I don’t think we want to trend towards another coaching change at this time. I say he has a couple more years to correct things before lynch mobs start knocking at his door!

edit:

Just to help you stir up some more provoking comments by other posters, I would love to have the Boise State Coach come to Nebraska and other than that, I am not sure who else I would like to see wear red. I would have to think about it for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Lincoln isn't baton rouge, tucaloosa, or LA..but all of these programs were running on less than 5 years

X Factor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Lincoln isn't baton rouge, tucaloosa, or LA..but all of these programs were running on less than 5 years

Not sure I understand this comment huskers1217 :smash:. Are you trying to say that they developed their status in less than 5 years (Turn around status) to be contenders?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[font = sarcasm] Are you sure 7 years will be enough time to right this ship? After all it took Osborne 20.[/font]

I would be reluctant to replace him now because we unfortunately are not going to get any better.
With that said though I would say most schools would consider 5 years a pretty good amount of time to show what you are able to do. He has run out of time to convince me he can build a championship program here.

Yeah I know, but he had to fix the clown era, and yeah I know, but he had to replace an OC, and yeah but he had to play a new conference and now yeah but he has to play with his own recruits.

I would say his bread has been but-tered quite well.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly I don't give a rat's ass about his confidence. He isn't paid to be confident. He is paid to produce a championship caliber team and thus far I don't think he has earned his paycheck.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand this comment huskers1217 :smash:. Are you trying to say that they developed their status in less than 5 years (Turn around status) to be contenders?

eggzaktly!

X Factor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[font = sarcasm] Are you sure 7 years will be enough time to right this ship? After all it took Osborne 20.[/font]

I would be reluctant to replace him now because we unfortunately are not going to get any better.
With that said though I would say most schools would consider 5 years a pretty good amount of time to show what you are able to do. He has run out of time to convince me he can build a championship program here.

Yeah I know, but he had to fix the clown era, and yeah I know, but he had to replace an OC, and yeah but he had to play a new conference and now yeah but he has to play with his own recruits.I would say his bread has been but-tered quite well.

Not sure if 7 years is the magic number. I am not sure that 3 or 5 or 7 or any number is the right number. I do think the facts you stated in the 2nd bolded part are rationally correct and do play a part in the building of a program. While I say that without any proof, I do think rationally that he should have the chance to right the ship for a couple more years, or maybe this one and next year.

I have to laugh at myself though when I read my comments. Spoiled brats (me included) can't accept Bo is winning at a high % when you look over his time here.

Tom Osborne was looked at as a failure for many years for not winning the big one until he won several in a short time period.

Lest we not forget, educational accomplishments are supposed to come first!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if 7 years is the magic number. I am not sure that 3 or 5 or 7 or any number is the right number. I do think the facts you stated in the 2nd bolded part are rationally correct and do play a part in the building of a program. While I say that without any proof, I do think rationally that he should have the chance to right the ship for a couple more years, or maybe this one and next year.

I have to laugh at myself though when I read my comments. Spoiled brats (me included) can't accept Bo is winning at a high % when you look over his time here.

Tom Osborne was looked at as a failure for many years for not winning the big one until he won several in a short time period.

I'm super curious to know what BRS thinks about this. :think: :boom:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I probably shouldn't even be responding to this because right now the last thing I need is somebody blowing Bo smoke up my ass.

I don't accept any of those "buts" because he hasn't changed anything throughout the years. He is running his defense with his recruits. He is the one making the calls. Papuchis even so much as admitted it. Bo is calling it, he has input. So any coaching changes don't mean shit. Conferences don't mean shit. We are doing the same thing in the B1G we did in our last year of the B12. And as Callahans recruits have graduated it has only gotten worse.

As for Osborne, you said something earlier about my youth. You got that way wrong. I am not a kid, I am 52 years old and I grew up in the Osborne era. Yeah there was talk we were too slow for the Florida teams. Yeah there was talk he couldn't beat Switzer. But through it all he fielded teams that competed and he won games against ranked teams.

Who do you think made the name "Black Shirts" a national brand? His defenses were heralded throughout college football.

He was known for his "We're going to pound it down your throat, you know it but what you gonna do about it" rushing attack and his "Black Shirt defenses" that make ya want to quit in the third quarter.

I don't remember any one of his lines getting pushed around like ours have for the last 3 years.

If I am wrong please show me these Osborne teams that you are referring to.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S.

Fuck the educational accomplishments. If you can't play football pay your own freaking tuition!!

X Factor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably shouldn't even be responding to this because right now the last thing I need is somebody blowing Bo smoke up my ass.

I don't accept any of those "buts" because he hasn't changed anything throughout the years. He is running his defense with his recruits. He is the one making the calls. Papuchis even so much as admitted it. Bo is calling it, he has input. So any coaching changes don't mean shit. Conferences don't mean shit. We are doing the same thing in the B1G we did in our last year of the B12. And as Callahans recruits have graduated it has only gotten worse.

As for Osborne, you said something earlier about my youth. You got that way wrong. I am not a kid, I am 52 years old and I grew up in the Osborne era. Yeah there was talk we were too slow for the Florida teams. Yeah there was talk he couldn't beat Switzer. But through it all he fielded teams that competed and he won games against ranked teams.

Who do you think made the name "Black Shirts" a national brand? His defenses were heralded throughout college football.

He was known for his "We're going to pound it down your throat, you know it but what you gonna do about it" rushing attack and his "Black Shirt defenses" that make ya want to quit in the third quarter.

I don't remember any one of his lines getting pushed around like ours have for the last 3 years.

If I am wrong please show me these Osborne teams that you are referring to.

Can't argue and would not argue with your comments and I do not remember saying you were youthful. I think I did mention the youth somewhere though I can't find it.

I lol'ed at you making the original comments and me saying they were rational then you hammering me for you originally bringing them up!

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the difference is that you are only given 3-8 years (granted thats a generalization but its a very very true one) to right ships in today's CFB...I don't want Bo fired at all, but i do think that his time is running out...he has 2 more seasons after this one IMO (barring a large meltdown in one of those seasons)

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hammered you because I was not making excuses for him. I was ridiculing all the excuses people want to use for him not doing his job.

Guess I should of used the sarcasm font again but I thought that was clear when I said his bread had been but-tered enough, meaning no more buts, they are not rational.

I was a Pelini supporter up until this last game. I can not rationalize another off season where nothing has been fixed.

edit: The youth remark was in the sky is falling thread where you said something to the effect that that is part of being young and you get more even keeled with age (paraphrased)

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the difference is that you are only given 3-8 years (granted thats a generalization but its a very very true one) to right ships in today's CFB...I don't want Bo fired at all, but i do think that his time is running out...he has 2 more seasons after this one IMO (barring a large meltdown in one of those seasons)

Who gets 8 years any more? Hell who gets five?
And I would say Osborne being considered a "failure" at any point in his tenure as quite an exaggeration.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dear lerd.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I <3 Bo. 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!

Bo has won 9 games every year so far. He can not be fired for anything that happens on the field as long as that happens. He will be here for a while. Get used to it. I would like to see him stay.