• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Dantonio is B1G coach of the year

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to coach Dantonio.

There is a pattern however over the last decade that tOSU coaches are ineligible for this award.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a blind Drew Sharp finds the occasional buckeye...

Funny that Drew Sharp would say that considering he has given Michigan State one of the lowest rankings of all AP voters.

Drew Sharp is scum-of-the-earth sports journalism incarnate - perpetually stuck as a regional news hack; frustrated that his shit will never make the national grade...his endless stream of toxic anti-Sparty ink might have served a greater motivator for MSU's success than anything else this season.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bad, but I did kind of snicker seeing Punter of the Year go to a Purdon't guy. lol

I really have no issue with any of the awards given.

Something else I thought of here, both Florida and Illinois are wishing for Ron Zook back. lol. Tim Boeckman, worst coach ever. Hires like that is what hurts the B1G.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bad, but I did kind of snicker seeing Punter of the Year go to a Purdon't guy. lol

I really have no issue with any of the awards given.

Something else I thought of here, both Florida and Illinois are wishing for Ron Zook back. lol. Tim Boeckman, worst coach ever. Hires like that is what hurts the B1G.

Considering Purdue's kicker put up more yardage than the offense did, I would say that he earned it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job by Dantonio! :suds:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard it was urban's to win but the voters were disappointed at the example he set by not sitting the guy who gave the big house the double bird so they went with dantonio.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard it was urban's to win but the voters were disappointed at the example he set by not sitting the guy who gave the big house the double bird so they went with dantonio.

lul. this ^^^^ was the first post that PI has (appropriately) 'thumbed-down.'

dantonio by default.
what a chumpish pile of shit

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Sharp is scum-of-the-earth sports journalism incarnate - perpetually stuck as a regional news hack; frustrated that his shit will never make the national grade...his endless stream of toxic anti-Sparty ink might have served a greater motivator for MSU's success than anything else this season.

:agree:

He also has a hard on for OSU - voted them lower than any other voter in the AP this week and pretty much all season.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

He also has a hard on for OSU - voted them lower than any other voter in the AP this week and pretty much all season.

Drew Sharp is always ragging & dissing all B1G teams, especially Michigan (his alma mater). He must've had a bad experience at school----perhaps he took a cute chick home one evening during college, but then became traumatized when 'she' turned out to have a penis.

Sharp's anti B1G blathering gets old quick....he just craves attention.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the ignorant Wisky posters who are trying to compare Borland to Shazier. First off, nobody said a single word about Borland's height or that he was a bad LB so just dial it back on the unprovoked defensiveness. Secondly, he doesn't compare. Not even in the slightest bit. The award isn't supposed to be given based off of what someone could do in 2 games that they missed. Borland just isn't on the level of Shazier, and clearly he didn't deserve this award in the slightest bit. It doesn't take a genius to figure out.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...74-will-michigan-st-win-legends-division.html

That right there is why Dantonio won Big 10 Coach of the year.

The VAST majority of folks here didn't even think he could win his division, let alone going undefeated in it.

Urban certainly deserves mention, but put up a similar poll with Ohio St (can they win their division) and the results would have been a landslide "yes".

Sucks to be OSU in that type of situation, but it goes with the territory of expectations.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the ignorant Wisky posters who are trying to compare Borland to Shazier. First off, nobody said a single word about Borland's height or that he was a bad LB so just dial it back on the unprovoked defensiveness. Secondly, he doesn't compare. Not even in the slightest bit. The award isn't supposed to be given based off of what someone could do in 2 games that they missed. Borland just isn't on the level of Shazier, and clearly he didn't deserve this award in the slightest bit. It doesn't take a genius to figure out.

If Shazier were better he'd have won, period. The people who choose these awards surely know plenty. Borland played fewer games, and played against better competition, and still came close statistically and broke the all-time B1G forced fumble record. The dude plays the position perfectly and doesn't miss tackles or assignments. Complete athlete and player.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shazier were better he'd have won, period. The people who choose these awards surely know plenty. Borland played fewer games, and played against better competition, and still came close statistically and broke the all-time B1G forced fumble record. The dude plays the position perfectly and doesn't miss tackles or assignments. Complete athlete and player.

LMAO no he didn't. Voters don't always get it right, and this was a glaring example of such. Shazier demonstrably outplayed Borland in every metric and deserved the award. Plain and simple.