• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mario Cristobal listed as the #2 candidate for the Florida St. HC job

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Jonathan Smith wouldn’t spare his piss to put out a fire within the University of Oregon’s football program.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
oregon19.jpg

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One or two? Lol. I believe their top ranked kid and another one in the top 5 if im not mistaken. He'd have some high value targets to go after

Who are you talking about? The top recruit in Florida is Elias Ricks who's committed to LSU. The next three are Demarkcus Bowman, Fred Davis, and Demonte Capehart, all Clemson bound. Then Miami and Georgia round out the top 5 with the top 2 4 star recruits. Oregon has one recruit in the top 50 in Florida, 4 star Avantae Williams at #10 in the state. The other services are really similar (ESPN isn't as high on Ricks or Davis), except Rivals throws Jonathan Denis, a 4 star offensive lineman, into their rankings at #32.

So yeah, there are literally one or two Oregon recruits in Florida to target, the #10 guy and a guy who breaks into the top 50 in one service's ranking.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be Bob Stoops.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you talking about? The top recruit in Florida is Elias Ricks who's committed to LSU. The next three are Demarkcus Bowman, Fred Davis, and Demonte Capehart, all Clemson bound. Then Miami and Georgia round out the top 5 with the top 2 4 star recruits. Oregon has one recruit in the top 50 in Florida, 4 star Avantae Williams at #10 in the state. The other services are really similar (ESPN isn't as high on Ricks or Davis), except Rivals throws Jonathan Denis, a 4 star offensive lineman, into their rankings at #32.

So yeah, there are literally one or two Oregon recruits in Florida to target, the #10 guy and a guy who breaks into the top 50 in one service's ranking.
THEIR top kid, not the top kid from the state of Florida.
Oregon 2020 Football Commits

Come on guys, don't ruin a perfectly good hit piece.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would

Why would I? I asked here knowing someone had the answer. Spent less time and still got it answered. Win.
you know you can right click on a name like mario cristobol and then click "search google for mario cristobol" after you have highlighted and clicked it, literally faster and easier than waiting for someone to post a link for you....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know you can right click on a name like mario cristobol and then click "search google for mario cristobol" after you have highlighted and clicked it, literally faster and easier than waiting for someone to post a link for you....
Not when the real answer you were looking for is another AG graphic/link.
Oh, you haven't caught up to the rest of the thread yet. My bad. :thumb:

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when the real answer you were looking for is another AG graphic/link.
Oh, you haven't caught up to the rest of the thread yet. My bad. :thumb:
Nah i have been a bad hoopster lately skipping here and there and not checking in that often. (not sure if this place has gotten boring/slow or i am just getting too old for some of it, id like to think the former especially with the likes of the retarded raccoon ranger on the loose)

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU insiders have been saying that Stoops was in Tallahassee discussing and finalizing a deal which is why boosters agreed to buyout Willie Taggert's 17 million. I don't know who to believe but I think there is major smoke here. Maybe an announcement soon.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be the coach at Miami this year, if not for the buyout Uncle Phil baked into his contract to avoid another 1 and done pulled on them. Duck fans won't admit it because they believe Eugene is the center of the universe, but most of them know it's true. That was his dream job, but Miami and its boosters wasn't going to cough up the something like 8 mil if I remember correctly just to cover the buyout, so he was back with the Ducks this year. It worked out well for them, but they're deluded if they think he won't bail if the Miami gig becomes available again, or a east coast big boy makes a serious offer.

FSU is a possibilty. His buyout will be much less now. But he could afford to wait another year to see if the Miami gig becomes available again. On the plus side, he's got the player buying SEC shtick down so if FSU is willing to throw enough $ at him and cover the buyout, it could be a go. If they think he can land them top 10 level recruit classes and get the right crew around him.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be the coach at Miami this year, if not for the buyout Uncle Phil baked into his contract to avoid another 1 and done pulled on them. Duck fans won't admit it because they believe Eugene is the center of the universe, but most of them know it's true. That was his dream job, but Miami and its boosters wasn't going to cough up the something like 8 mil if I remember correctly just to cover the buyout, so he was back with the Ducks this year. It worked out well for them, but they're deluded if they think he won't bail if the Miami gig becomes available again, or a east coast big boy makes a serious offer.

FSU is a possibilty. His buyout will be much less now. But he could afford to wait another year to see if the Miami gig becomes available again. On the plus side, he's got the player buying SEC shtick down so if FSU is willing to throw enough $ at him and cover the buyout, it could be a go. If they think he can land them top 10 level recruit classes and get the right crew around him.
If Mario does take the FSU job then expect Harsin over at BSU to get a call from Eugene.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’ll be Bob Stoops.

Still hoping for Captain Hook.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does crisco ball have any ties to Florida, ACC? No chance he goes to that dumpster fire without some kind of tie to it.
Bigtime ties to state of Florida. Played for Miami. Was a GA and position coach for them for a few years. Was HC at FIU from 2007-12.

Not sure if FSU is hot for him, but if Miami gig becomes available again, its buh bye Ducks.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mario does take the FSU job then expect Harsin over at BSU to get a call from Eugene.
Very likely. Wilcox is enjoying the Cal gig, a perfect fit for them, and don't see him leaving for Oregon which would be a parallel move at this point.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very likely. Wilcox is enjoying the Cal gig, a perfect fit for them, and don't see him leaving for Oregon which would be a parallel move at this point.
Yeah, Wilcox wouldn’t leave Cal for his alma mater and live close to the Wilcox family in Junction City.

Hot take, Regent.