• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners vs Giants July 24-25

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit they suck again. Baseball has an amazing way of even things out... don’t be suprise if they continue to lose 1 run games going forward.

They are now even on the differential. Yikes

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad! 1.5 game lead...
Yeah, if that genius trade happy GM of ours could do something to give this squad a shot in the arm sooner rather than later... that'd be great.

For all intent and purpose, that 'lead' has vanished. 1.5 games is literally nothing.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if that genius trade happy GM of ours could do something to give this squad a shot in the arm sooner rather than later... that'd be great.

For all intent and purpose, that 'lead' has vanished. 1.5 games is literally nothing.
Considering they play the A’s about a dozen more times next month and Sept? Yup. They’ve been steadying themselves at ~20 games over .500, so it’s not as if they are collapsing. It’s just the A’s are too damn good at the moment.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a matter of if but rather a matter of when for Pax.

He will never be a full time ace, and probably the best thing we could do is trade him once healthy and valued at it's peak.

Let's not get Felix'ed here, time to cash in for a guy that a majority of us really like; I'm tired of these injuries.

If we're being honest he wasn't pitching like an ace even before the injuries. Gonzales and LeBlanc both have better ERA's than Paxton.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you can't credit Diaz with a blown save on this one. Something told me that putting him out there during a tie game just didn't seem right...and now we see why.

YOU BLEW IIIIIT!!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're being honest he wasn't pitching like an ace even before the injuries. Gonzales and LeBlanc both have better ERA's than Paxton.
There are other determing factors to what an “ace” is other than just ERA. If that’s actually your argument.

Regardless, he is still an ace for this ballclub, however, he is at best a #2 or 3 for most others.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that necessarily fair to Paxton. Could he have been better with his stuff sure, but the defense has sucked for him outside of his no hitter and has been a little unlucky. I'd take Paxton over Leblanc in a one game playoff 100/100, the question could start to be Gonzalez if the Mariners somehow end up playing the Red Sox.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz threw one bad pitch that got hit for single....it happens

Dee made a poor decision at a terrible time....sucks but it happens

What shouldn't happen night after night is this offense failing to look competent night after night.

The offense was supposed to the strength of this team. Instead they will be the reason the reason this playoffless streak will likely continue.

5 of the 9 lineup spots are performing at a below average clip. They purposely are having someone lead off who has one of the worst walk rates in the majors. They are last in scoring in July by 13 runs. Yes 13 runs fewer then the team 29th in scoring. Even if Cano comes back and hits, this is still a mediocre lineup. If Cruz and Haniger aren't hitting its a bad lineup.
I don't know what the answer is because with talent they have they should be better. Gordon, Seagar, Heredia and Zunino aren't this bad I don't think. Dipoto, Servais, Edgar they all deserve blame here.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is so Mariners. Different players but same old disappointments like the past 16 years? Doesn't matter how/why anyone complains because it is what it is. The worse thing ownership could have done was to bring in a GM who hired a Manager with absolutely no experience. That should have spoken volumes about what to expect going forward for at least 4-5 years minimum while a team is put together and the Manager learns how to manage. This team is performing JUST ENOUGH to keep the truly hard core fans hanging on, but I would bet each year more and more fans drop out each year and get a life outside of NW major league baseball. I really don't think things will change much until ownership either changes or begins to feel it in their bottom line IMO.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is so Mariners. Different players but same old disappointments like the past 16 years? Doesn't matter how/why anyone complains because it is what it is. The worse thing ownership could have done was to bring in a GM who hired a Manager with absolutely no experience. That should have spoken volumes about what to expect going forward for at least 4-5 years minimum while a team is put together and the Manager learns how to manage. This team is performing JUST ENOUGH to keep the truly hard core fans hanging on, but I would bet each year more and more fans drop out each year and get a life outside of NW major league baseball. I really don't think things will change much until ownership either changes or begins to feel it in their bottom line IMO.

I'm just gonna assume nothing major happens before July 31. If so it will pretty much be the same as 2002-2003. Sit on your hands after a decent first half and watch Oakland blow by you.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can really blame Servais or Edgar for the offense tanking. This isn't spring training where they can work with the guys or really send them down to Tacoma so they can work on things without worrying about the outcome of the at bat.

Only thing I could blame Servais for is he has the ability to try to light a fire by switching the lineup up, get ejected or something. He benched Healy and he responded pretty decent, do it with the whole offense.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gramma.jpg

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston just got Eovaldi from TB for cheap. He would have been the RH power arm we could have used and still had money and trade chips to go after more.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 years + but who's counting. :L

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the Giants screwing up defensively- we just MIGHT have a chance for a W if this keeps up.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sux having to watch the game on FB. Even though I plug into the big screen, the delay between the video and Riz on the radio makes it almost not worth listening to Riz and listening to those other idiots who know nothing about Seattle and obviously favor the Giants isn't much fun either. :nono: