• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners vs Astros June 5-6

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners improve, Seahawks taking a step or two back. I guess we can't have both at the same time in the NW.

I still see some hope for the Seahawks though, I think some of the coaching changes were needed, we still have an elite QB, just need to get that running game going... Be cool seeing how Penny and Carson can do... Our D still has the horses to be solid, I like the fact that we have a better defensive minded D coordinator now...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I’m speechless, M’s are just playing good baseball right now, I hope they keep it up ...

I don't have any words besides wow either. Generally this is where the Mariners go all Mariners on us. Everyone in the region gets excited then they lay an egg, not send a beat down message like tonight.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guaranteed to leave Houston leading the division. That's a nice feeling

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see some hope for the Seahawks though, I think some of the coaching changes were needed, we still have an elite QB, just need to get that running game going... Be cool seeing how Penny and Carson can do... Our D still has the horses to be solid, I like the fact that we have a better defensive minded D coordinator now...

I have Mariner hope for them...and that isn't necessarily a good thing. :)

I like the moves they made, but a year too late for me plus they weren't that great and I don't see on the field improvement just younger and maybe hungrier. But I just don't see the overall talent needed to contend. Time will tell.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were a kicker away from the playoffs last year, and I think the team they have currently is better than the team that finished the year. Plus the Rams will implode this year and Pete preaches competition and he isnt going to allow the Seahawks to become the third most popular team in September behind the Mutts and the M's.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a series thread behind, but seeing Felix go out the other day and perform the way he did with the excitement he showed is promising moving forward. He may be in the twilight of his career, but this team is hands down the best he's ever been a part of so it's great to see him finally get a chance for a legit playoff push. Hopefully he can keep that fire up and climb his way back up the order. Seeing him go a strong 8 innings, and to follow that up with a killer Paxton/Offensive beat down of the Champs is both surprising and finally somewhat fulfilling as a life long M's fan.

The expectations have arrived as far as I'm concerned, don't let us down Mariners!!

Now let's sweep these sons uh bi***es!!!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Mariner hope for them...and that isn't necessarily a good thing. :)

I like the moves they made, but a year too late for me plus they weren't that great and I don't see on the field improvement just younger and maybe hungrier. But I just don't see the overall talent needed to contend. Time will tell.

I still think even last year they were borderline playoff worthy, our kicker kinda sealed that deal... I just hope they can improve the running game in a big way, take some pressure off Russ ...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I figured correctly, the Mariners now have the 3rd best record of ALL teams in major league baseball. American and National leagues. :thumb::yes:
:10:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think even last year they were borderline playoff worthy, our kicker kinda sealed that deal... I just hope they can improve the running game in a big way, take some pressure off Russ ...

Maybe, but I look at it differently. Any team wanting to win it all never relies on their kicker to be the difference maker. Yes he sucked big time, but if you actually move the ball and get it into the end zone a little more often you don't have to worry about your sucky kicker. I know I am one of the few people in the NW that isn't as giddy about RW, but why made him a top QB was his legs and now he refuses to run like he did and frankly isn't as quick as he once was. I think he is an average throwing QB but gets paid elite money that will only double in a couple years.

Okay, back to baseball.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I look at it differently. Any team wanting to win it all never relies on their kicker to be the difference maker. Yes he sucked big time, but if you actually move the ball and get it into the end zone a little more often you don't have to worry about your sucky kicker. I know I am one of the few people in the NW that isn't as giddy about RW, but why made him a top QB was his legs and now he refuses to run like he did and frankly isn't as quick as he once was. I think he is an average throwing QB but gets paid elite money that will only double in a couple years.

Okay, back to baseball.

Russ is above average, he’s a good QB, basically carried the entire offense last year, was even in the MVP discussion, also when you talk about kickers, ask the Patriots how important a kicker can be, I agree you don’t want to rely on a kicker all the time, but in the playoffs or in big regular season games they can be the difference ...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is above average, he’s a good QB, basically carried the entire offense last year, was even in the MVP discussion, also when you talk about kickers, ask the Patriots how important a kicker can be, I agree you don’t want to rely on a kicker all the time, but in the playoffs or in big regular season games they can be the difference ...

I think that Brady kid had a lot more to do with those championships than the two different kickers they used over the last ten years.

Hawks tied for the 2nd lowest points scored in the first half of games this year with the MVP caliber QB. He is average and only put up good numbers because he did nothing in the first half of games and had to play catch-up every week. Numbers lie for individuals. I put up a stat somewhere else that showed every year he threw more we finished worse. We won with great defense, very good running game, good-plus special teams, and don't-make-a-mistake throwing game.

Again, back to baseball but good talk.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will come down to us either chasing or not chasing his crap in the dirt. Segura has to be more disciplined with this guy to win.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is doing a good job on the hill so far. Dee leads off with a 2 bagger and we couldn't move him past 2nd with 3 attempts. I'm just happy we won yesterday and if we get a W today I will be over the top happy with the guys efforts. Go M's :thumb:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade continues to toss a good game, this will be a low...low scoring game I'm guessing.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhh- nice put out @ 3rd :yes:

Ha Ha...trying to get a 3 bagger came back and bit ya in the ass!! :thumb:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dee Gordan is so friggin awesome. Dude is such an important part of this team- both offensively and defensively. What a STUD!!