• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners just acquired Mark Trumbo

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up, 8? You still down in Arizona?

I don't think there will be a DFA yet. i think they send down Montgomery since they are saying Nuno is going to be in the rotation.
Hey PV, yeah man, still in AZ. Living the dream! not really.

Good call on Montgomery, that would make the most sense. Except, Jack rarely makes sense so we have that going for us. Have you seen it official?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, bth of us wrong. Rugg DFA'd. See other post.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, Misinterpreted your original comment. Dead straight.

I remember when 3 was still 8. That's why i still call him 8. If he keeps calling me 'crazyass' I might have to put a '1' in front of the '3' and call him '13', which is Ackley's number.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when 3 was still 8. That's why i still call him 8. If he keeps calling me 'crazyass' I might have to put a '1' in front of the '3' and call him '13', which is Ackley's number.
HEY! Take it easy, no Hackley references my friend :suds:

What is going on with this team PV? We are a mess!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY! Take it easy, no Hackley references my friend :suds:

What is going on with this team PV? We are a mess!
I checked out Weeks' and Rugg's stats and it all makes sense to me now.

Rugg had better stats than Weeks against right-handed pitching. Rugg had better stats than Weeks against left-handed pitching. Rugg was stealing more bases and doing a better job of what he was supposed to do in relation to his place in the lineup.

So it is only natural that they would cut Rugg and keep Weeks.

It's the Mariner way! Rejoice!

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only silver lining in this is that we get to face Erasmo tonight. Rodney will blow that one, so none of this even matters.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Justin Ruggiano is the odd man out. Does it make sense? No, of coarse not but this is the Mariners we are talking about. Just look at some of the facts (or at least what this FO will think are facts).

Fact, Ruggiano has the least amount of PA of all the OF on the team. That's right, less then Rickie Weeks. Obviously not a Lloyd guy

Fact, Ruggiano hits lefties well. Problem is so does Weeks (.741 OPS this year), and Trumbo. When will he ever see a LHP now that Trumbo is on the team.

Fact, Ruggiano has never played in the infield. Right there WFB has the leg up. Weeks and Ackley have also played there.

Fact, Ruggiano's OBP is too high. At this moment his OBP is .316 which ranks 5th on the team. The M's obviously think OBP is complete bullshit cause why else would you trade for Trumbo, and continually run Weeks, Ackley and Zunino out there (not that theres much of a choice of running Zunino out)

I told you guys, don't look at this logically. Look at it the way the Mariners look at it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serenity now! Serenity now! (Seinfeld reference)

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I checked out Weeks' and Rugg's stats and it all makes sense to me now.

Rugg had better stats than Weeks against right-handed pitching. Rugg had better stats than Weeks against left-handed pitching. Rugg was stealing more bases and doing a better job of what he was supposed to do in relation to his place in the lineup.

So it is only natural that they would cut Rugg and keep Weeks.

It's the Mariner way! Rejoice!

Really surprised they would keep Ruggiano over Weeks. Doesn't really make sense to me.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much, much, much rather have Morrison out there than Ackley. Morrison has played more games in the outfield in his career than 1B, so it's not like he can't play left field.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always kinda liked Mark Trumbo for a RH power bat. And I like him as an upgrade over LoMo at first. I think he is a solid player to add but I don't understand the type of player that Jack Z is bringing in. Trumbo is another high K rate player. The high K rates are killing this team, we need guys that get the ball in play and keep baserunners in motion. Overall I like the move, hate that Ruggiano is the guy to go over Weeks.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we would have added Aoki for LF and traded for an OBP CF, then we would have been stacked and the big boppers would have been useful. Oh well at least they didn't throw an INT on the goal line.