• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners day off......

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just as important, it's a fans day off! Even Cruz was quoted as saying that the guy's need a day off, which I find a little worrisome. We are only a week and a half into the season, why in the hell should the guy's need a day off? Although a day to reset isn't a bad thing considering that we will follow up with some great matchups at home, they still need to get focused. Broomstick has been awesome to watch, Seth Smith has been enjoyable at the plate (not so much in the OF), Ackley has shown confidence that had seemed to disappear (yet Lloyd continues to sit him), and no matter the outcome it's always great to watch Felix pitch. Everything else, DUMPSTER FIRE! Enjoy the day off fellas, we earned it!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano can use this time to review this amazing Tom Emanski training video:

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd off day of the year already...back to back Thursdays

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely seems like this day off came at a good time. Especially since asking for 6 innings from a starter is too much.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they need an off day? Because the bull pen has been abused already.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just as important, it's a fans day off! Even Cruz was quoted as saying that the guy's need a day off, which I find a little worrisome. We are only a week and a half into the season, why in the hell should the guy's need a day off? Although a day to reset isn't a bad thing considering that we will follow up with some great matchups at home, they still need to get focused. Broomstick has been awesome to watch, Seth Smith has been enjoyable at the plate (not so much in the OF), Ackley has shown confidence that had seemed to disappear (yet Lloyd continues to sit him), and no matter the outcome it's always great to watch Felix pitch. Everything else, DUMPSTER FIRE! Enjoy the day off fellas, we earned it!

I just re-read my post, autocorrect is fantastic! LMAO! The BROOMSTICK is killing it!

:pound::pound:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More importantly than a day off is a nice long home stand and not against the top teams in the league.

This team could easily go 6-3 on the stand and get back to .500.

Yes, they need to have a few people get right, but nothing does that like home cooking.

Send Walker down? Not yet. Let's see what he does against the Astros on his next start. Cano? Total dumbass move, but that didn't cost them the game and his bat should improve soon enough to help the team overcome the lackluster first couple of weeks from the starting pitchers.

Reactions: BHF

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're smart, they'd better take that day to go back to basic training so they can pick up their game. No more of this Charlie Brown bullshit! If they want to prove they have ANY chance of improving at all, now's a good time. Otherwise, this season is going to be well over by the time June rolls around.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early and sort of a knee-jerk reaction there ace. Miller sucks as a SS, but no amount of extra work on fundamentals is going to change that. Cano had a massive brain fart, but he's normally solid and will be again. You have a platoon in the outfield that is at least an adventure, but that's mostly because we don't have more than 3-4 guys on the entire team that can hit a lefty.

I figured this team is good for 87-90 wins tops going into this year. They added some pop, but not nearly enough to become a team that can overcome bad pitching and I was worried about Paxton and Walker being able to make it through a whole season.

This is last years teams with a few upgrades and it's way too soon to know if that alone will make a difference enough to get them to the post season. Why? Because they had historic numbers in pitching last year and you just aren't going to have that in back to back years. I mean they shouldn't be THIS bad all year by any means, but they were due for a correction as it was.

I'd really like to see them go at least 6-3 on this stand. Anything less than 5-4 would have to be considered a failure, but even then I'm just not going to worry until mid May.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted it would take until next Friday to get to a game above.500, and I'm adjusting that now to Sunday. Great if they get there earlier. I think I might get a little more worried if they don't at least do that.

Long term issues are the same as I said back in December. What do we do with 1B, the OF (pretty much all of it), and SS? Those are ongoing issues, and I'll get fed up the longer it takes to work them out. If this is truly a team that can contend, it needs to get solid quickly.

For pitching, I'm not ashamed to say I'm concerned about Kuma and Walker. Kuma vs. lefties is just a nightmare now, and it's a trend that's not just isolated to the beginning of this young season.

If Walker can't get get his control back, then that's going to be a big problem. It was only his 10th big league start, I know, but he has to be able to pitch over the plate effectively. He hasn't even been close to able to do that. He is wild off the plate, and when a hitter works the count in his favor, Walker throws meatballs that hover over the middle of the plate seemingly for hours. He's just a kid. Time to see if he's able to handle this pressure, and adjust accordingly with Waits' mentorship.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, maybe by sunday is a little too much to ask.

is it terribly unreasonable to ask for 6-3 to get to .500 though?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea tough to freak out to much about the big picture just yet. If anything starting 8-15 last year showed us that. 6-3 on this homestand isn't unreasonable at all.

Im not sure what to think about Walker. His curveball has pretty much disappeared and not sure why and his velocity is down. Outside of one start against Toronto last year he doesn't really have a track record to lean on. Im for giving him a couple more starts but the leash cant be super long if the starts are this bad.