• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marinelli to Bucs?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pipedream here- Brian Broaddus says that Marinelli is under contract with Dallas and would have to be let out of it. He suggested swapping 1st round picks for compensation. Remember this is the same team that traded 2 first rounders for Gruden. Marinelli is not Gruden but we are talking about 10 spots in the first round. Definitely a bargaining chip.[/QUOT

Wouldn't be against this move.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

And I think he stays

You going to make a guy stay that doesn't want to? Don't see that working out very well if he's offered a promotion and you don't let him take it. Now if you want to make him DC then I think that could change things.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You going to make a guy stay that doesn't want to? Don't see that working out very well if he's offered a promotion and you don't let him take it. Now if you want to make him DC then I think that could change things.

Indeed I would make him stay. I don't see him as a person that would tank a season because he is unhappy. Nor do I think he would be dumb enough to risk his coaching career doing it.

And I read earlier today the Cowboys are working out a retirement package for Kiffin. So I think that is very much the plan. To make him DC

A promotion wouldn't take him away. Only a promotion to Head coach would.

They only way he leaves is if the Buc trade some draft picks for him. Or Jerry decides to go a different direction. Which if he was to switch defensive schemes 3 years in a row ... I think the NFL would have to put him in a mental hospital and have him checked to see if he was losing his mind

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I read earlier today the Cowboys are working out a retirement package for Kiffin. So I think that is very much the plan. To make him DC

Making him DC is what I'm hoping for. I thought someone said Kiffen had a one year deal. If so, no package to work out. Maybe defensive consultant or something like that?

A promotion wouldn't take him away. Only a promotion to Head coach would

No, Head Coach we have no say and couldn't stop him. But it sure looks like he is willing to leave for the right DC job too if we let him.