• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Hall will NOT start the B1GCG

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the comparison of the two charges, but since one guy pled guilty to a felony and the other wasn't even charged there is no comparison.

They aren't the same thing.

However, based on what happened in the Hyde case, it could not have been interpreted as anything other than "Simple Assault" which in Ohio is a misdemeanor, so I do not agree that Home Invasion, a felony, is a less severe crime.

One, forgive me, when I hear assualt I think felony, so if I am wrong on that, mea culpa.

But two, even if "simple" assualt isn't a felony, a crime against a person (which no matter the degree assault is) is more severe than a property crime (which home invasion is) IMHO. You can disagree, and that's fine. But I would say hitting a girl in the face is bigger deal than taking a laptop, no matter the "degree" of the crime.

Furthermore, if I recall correctly Clark was suspended indefinetly initially, so the fact it only lasted one game tells me that he said/did the right things (including owning up to he did wrong).

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, I'm sorry but Meyer has no such history as a disciplinarian (see his time at Florida). Even if it wasn't at the post-game press conference, he should have made the decision on such flagrant behavior well before the day before the game. Ohio State made their bed when they hired Urban Meyer, now they reap what they have sown.

As for comparing Frank Clark to Carlos Hyde, assault is far worse than home invasion. To which Clark owned up to what he did (hence why he pleaded guilty) and vowed to make ammends, as been a model citizen since. You gotta commend someone who turns their life around after making a mistake. And I guess it takes real balls to suspend a player for a tough matchup like Buffalo or San Diego St, unlike Michigan which suspended Clark for that cupcake Alabama.

First off, read what I posted about Meyer. "Since coming to Ohio State". The shit at Florida was just that, at Florida. As Muschamp is showing, it clearly wasn't Meyer's doing, considering he already has a staggering number of arrests as well. That's clearly an institutional problem that they'll deal with. Since coming to OSU, though, the worst things that have actually happened are Bradley Roby being drunk and shoving a bouncer and Marcus Baugh using a fake to drink beer.

As I also said, Hyde was INNOCENT of assault, dude. Clark was very clearly guilty, yet Hoke gives him just a 1 game suspension. Like I said, says a lot more about your program. Hyde has been a model citizen since coming to OSU, period. That thing at the bar was clearly shown as to not be any wrongdoing on his part, but Meyer suspended him for putting himself in a situation where something could've happened. That is a disciplinarian. And how did Hoke respond to Lewan trying to turn a kid's head around by his facemask when he was already on the ground and the play was over?

"He was trying, in some ways, to get our quarterback out of harm's way in a pile," Hoke said. "Some of it was he got overtaken with his emotion. And, you know, he's kind of one of those guys, as you all well know, who's a very good teammate." AKA "No, I'm not suspending him. I'd be fucked."

Like I've already said, look at your own team if you wanna start throwing stones about discipline, because clearly Hoke couldn't give a shit less about it.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how all the responses from OSU fans are to just blame michigan for doing the same thing.......

since when in the hell does that let your program off the hook?????

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how all the responses from OSU fans are to just blame michigan for doing the same thing.......

Well when Michigan fans are stating that Urban Meyer is scum and classless and should do the right thing, while at the same time Hoke had the opportunity to do the right thing when his player assaulted a defenseless player, rather than suspend the player, he concocted an obvious lie and gave the player no penalty at all. Michigan fans should not act like they are somehow morally superior to any other team because they are just as dirty as everyone else.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hoke has always been a worthless sack of shit, just didn't hear about it as much before Michigan. I wouldn't expect anything less of him.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day crew going off on this subject....says it's embarrassing for tOSU and Meyer....

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just gave some folks the finger ...... I don't see why all the fuss. Who here hasn't done it?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when Michigan fans are stating that Urban Meyer is scum and classless and should do the right thing, while at the same time Hoke had the opportunity to do the right thing when his player assaulted a defenseless player, rather than suspend the player, he concocted an obvious lie and gave the player no penalty at all. Michigan fans should not act like they are somehow morally superior to any other team because they are just as dirty as everyone else.

but still......

how does that let OSU off the hook?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just gave some folks the finger ...... I don't see why all the fuss. Who here hasn't done it?

This is exactly what I said when it first happened. I guess it doesn't set a good example for young kids watching, at least they will learn at a younger age. :laugh3:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any reports of what Michigan did to their players that instigated this or the player who ripped off another players helmet?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any reports of what Michigan did to their players that instigated this or the player who ripped off another players helmet?

Nothing. Hoke is pushing Les Miles for biggest joke of a disciplinarian in CFB

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day crew going off on this subject....says it's embarrassing for tOSU and Meyer....

So, do they think Corso is an embarrassment to espn, college gameday, and his colleagues? He did drop the F bomb on national tv. Fuck the gameday crew. Hypocrites.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BFD

How long is everybody going to worry about a 20 year old flipping off some assholes in the stands? Yes, it was embarrassing. Now it is history.

i didn't start the damn thread