• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Hall will NOT start the B1GCG

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_lzwtlyFBVx1qb73tpo1_400.gif

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've gotta be kidding me, dude. That is a trashy comment to make. Since coming to OSU, Urban has been an extremely respectable disciplinarian. Hell, he suspended Carlos Hyde 3 games for not being guilty of a misdemeanor while Hoke gave Frank Clark 1 game for being guilty of a felony. Perhaps you should look at your own coach before coming after ours.

Secondly, it is not Urban Meyer's job to appease the media and sports fans, it's his job to run his team. He didn't have a "time frame" by which he was to announce this. It happened before the game and that's all that matters. Acting like announcing this on Friday as opposed to Monday means something is ignorant and, to be honest, really unbecoming of one of the better Michigan posters on this board.

Ummm, I'm sorry but Meyer has no such history as a disciplinarian (see his time at Florida). Even if it wasn't at the post-game press conference, he should have made the decision on such flagrant behavior well before the day before the game. Ohio State made their bed when they hired Urban Meyer, now they reap what they have sown.

As for comparing Frank Clark to Carlos Hyde, assault is far worse than home invasion. To which Clark owned up to what he did (hence why he pleaded guilty) and vowed to make ammends, as been a model citizen since. You gotta commend someone who turns their life around after making a mistake. And I guess it takes real balls to suspend a player for a tough matchup like Buffalo or San Diego St, unlike Michigan which suspended Clark for that cupcake Alabama.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, I'm sorry but Meyer has no such history as a disciplinarian (see his time at Florida). Even if it wasn't at the post-game press conference, he should have made the decision on such flagrant behavior well before the day before the game. Ohio State made their bed when they hired Urban Meyer, now they reap what they have sown.

As for comparing Frank Clark to Carlos Hyde, assault is far worse than home invasion. To which Clark owned up to what he did (hence why he pleaded guilty) and vowed to make ammends, as been a model citizen since. You gotta commend someone who turns their life around after making a mistake. And I guess it takes real balls to suspend a player for a tough matchup like Buffalo or San Diego St, unlike Michigan which suspended Clark for that cupcake Alabama.

Are you really posting this with a straight face?

:lol:

:laugh3:

:lame:

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it is just one play, it is at least something, and I think that's what the majority of the posters thought should happen. Yes, the trolls and haters would have him drawn and quartered, but they would complain about anything.

Good move by Urban.

:10:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What separates Meyer from most of his colleagues is his ability to sell the notion that he’s clean when there’s dirt and mud all over him

Great article, sums everything we all know about Urban. Dude has always been trash. Loved seeing him quit twice after Nick Saban kicked his ass 2 years in a row and sent him packing.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall kicked over a water cooler, threw his helmet at a grad assistant and flipped off a school bus after being tossed from practice yesterday morning. Three assistant coaches recommended to Urban that he take some form of action in regards to the headcase on their hands.

This is the man you quoted, who is pure as the driven snow:

John Feinstein vs John Feinstein:

2013: .....but their spectacular victory was only good enough to jump the Tigers from No. 4 in the BCS standings all the way to No. 3. Why? Because Ohio State is 12-0 and Auburn is 11-1.

Won-lost record should certainly be among the criteria for ranking teams and deciding who plays in the title game. But it shouldn’t be the criterion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: I am writing to urge you -- no, implore you -- to cast your final ballot of the season with one team and one only team ranked No. 1: the University of Utah.

I say this not to demean the performance of Southern California, Texas or the winner of Thursday's Oklahoma-Florida game. All are fine teams that have had outstanding seasons. They have, however, one thing that Utah does not have.

A loss.

All of us know that in competition anyone -- whether an individual or a team -- who does not lose once is the champion. It's really pretty simple: If no one beats you, then you are the winner. You are No. 1. You go home with the first-place trophy.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now think about what kind of influence Urban could have had on a troubled young man by the name of Aaron Hernandez.

Condoning this type of misconduct exhibited by one Marcus Hall only leads to further, and far worse problems, later in life.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will discuss this with you, because you are a reasonable guy.

I was not popular with my Ohio State brethren when Meyer was hired. In my view, the program had spun out of control and I thought that with the discipline problems he had at Florida made it impossible for him to come in and clean house. I wanted someone else.

So far, I was wrong. Several players have been disciplined (some too harshly, imho) and some have been dismissed from the team for the kind of crap that went on at Florida. I promise you this - if Urban Meyer starts letting that crap fly at Ohio State, I will be here to urge the university to fire him. I simply won't defend it.

What I was laughing about was his comparison of the one game suspension by Brady Hoke for Frank Clark after he pled guilty to a felony to the 3 game suspension Carlos Hyde got for not being charged. It worked out, and I am happy Clark has gotten his life together, but it's not like Hyde has been a problem child since his suspension.

That is what I was talking about - You can't type that stuff with a straight face unless you are either blind or stupid.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now think about what kind of influence Urban could have had on a troubled young man by the name of Aaron Hernandez.

Condoning this type of misconduct exhibited by one Marcus Hall only leads to further, and far worse problems, later in life.

So Hernandez' problems are all Urban's fault? Or maybe Bill Belicheck's (after all, they gave him a huge contract extension - talk about enabling bad behavior!) ?

So should I expect that later in life Hall will murder someone?

That is absolutely ridiculous.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was not popular with my Ohio State brethren when Meyer was hired. In my view, the program had spun out of control and I thought that with the discipline problems he had at Florida made it impossible for him to come in and clean house. I wanted someone else.

So far, I was wrong. Several players have been disciplined (some too harshly, imho) and some have been dismissed from the team for the kind of crap that went on at Florida. I promise you this - if Urban Meyer starts letting that crap fly at Ohio State, I will be here to urge the university to fire him. I simply won't defend it.

What I was laughing about was his comparison of the one game suspension by Brady Hoke for Frank Clark after he pled guilty to a felony to the 3 game suspension Carlos Hyde got for not being charged. It worked out, and I am happy Clark has gotten his life together, but it's not like Hyde has been a problem child since his suspension.

That is what I was talking about - You can't type that stuff with a straight face unless you are either blind or stupid.

:suds:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, if both learned their leasons and become better men, I got no problems. I was only trying to point out what kind of rationale goes behind a decision to give Clark one game and Hyde three. So I'm not trying to say that Hyde's been a thug since his suspension, just that all other things being equal assault is a more severe crime than home invasion.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hernandez' problems are all Urban's fault? Or maybe Bill Belicheck's (after all, they gave him a huge contract extension - talk about enabling bad behavior!) ?

So should I expect that later in life Hall will murder someone?

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Not all, but you have to wonder there wasn't more that Meyer could have done. Unfortuanatly that is something gets overlooked these days, the impact these coaches have on the lives on the players. A major part of being a college coach is modeling these 18 and 19 year old kids that enter the program into 22 and 23 year old men. Honestly, I would rather a coach loose a few extra games here and there as long as he get that right. And that is something Bo got, and Lloyd got and I do believe Hoke gets. Meyer..........not so much.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if both learned their leasons and become better men, I got no problems. I was only trying to point out what kind of rationale goes behind a decision to give Clark one game and Hyde three. So I'm not trying to say that Hyde's been a thug since his suspension, just that all other things being equal assault is a more severe crime than home invasion.

Not sure about the comparison of the two charges, but since one guy pled guilty to a felony and the other wasn't even charged there is no comparison.

They aren't the same thing.

However, based on what happened in the Hyde case, it could not have been interpreted as anything other than "Simple Assault" which in Ohio is a misdemeanor, so I do not agree that Home Invasion, a felony, is a less severe crime.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ Coach Urb reading the SportsHoopla posters thread and opinions and coming to a sound conclussion.

Sportshoopla prevails again

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Are you that much of an idiot? Damn I can't believe you said that. What an ass.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you that much of an idiot? Damn I can't believe you said that. What an ass.

simple assault misdemeanor >>>> home invasion felony . . . can't you count? there are many more letters!!!

:lol: