• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic Johnson Says Kobe Should Sit The Season

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have never played this season at all.
He should have been amnestied to put the Lakers in a better financial position long term and to assure he had proper time to heal.

It was going to be a lost season anyway.

As far as team finances, all the seats were basically presold anyway and if fans knew the situation up front, they are still buying the jersey because there is no other player on the roster for the most part worth buying.

If he's amnestied, he's no longer on the roster and someone else can claim him. It would have been a bad business decision, likely pisses Kobe off and he doesn't return, and likely pisses off a lot of the fan base.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is a business man. He will do what is necessary to remain the face of the brand. He is following magic into using his last years to use lakers money for these new ventures. He is networking in boston these days . The dude is ssshhhaaaapppp

He wasn't networking. He was sitting in on International Business classes. In case you haven't noticed, the Kobe brand does well overseas. No doubt the dude is sharp.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll come back and he'll expect to win. It'll probably cost the Lakers a few ping pong balls, but I prefer Kobe's attitude over what D-Rose did.

He may or may not. They weren't exactly winning everything when he first came back. Could be more of the same. Coming back for Kobe if more of a feeling things out scenario now regarding what he can and can't do.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's amnestied, he's no longer on the roster and someone else can claim him. It would have been a bad business decision, likely pisses Kobe off and he doesn't return, and likely pisses off a lot of the fan base.

My thought was based on it being on a mutual decision.

He still gets all his cash. The team saves cash. He gets a year to rest/heal

That being said, if you think ANY other team would have given him anything even close to 2 years 48M contract I would say you were greatly mistaking.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic's mindset- Wants Kobe to be 100 percent for next year and to land a top 5 pick in the process.

Kobe's mindset- Career is winding down, doesn't want to waste time just to waste it. Also probably wants to drive up his personal all-time scoring numbers.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic's mindset- Wants Kobe to be 100 percent for next year and to land a top 5 pick in the process.

Kobe's mindset- Career is winding down, doesn't want to waste time just to waste it. Also probably wants to drive up his personal all-time scoring numbers.

Pretty much. A plethora of injuries have forced the Lakers and Kobe to tank so far, we've already fallen this far we might as well get a top pick out of it.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all likelihood, Kobe will come back at some point late in the season. This team is so HumptyDumpty that it won't make a huge difference if he does.

He will help us win a few games that we otherwise would not have. He will likely cost us a couple spots in the draft in doing so. However, his job is to be ready, to work hard and heal, to stay mentally tough, and to try to help us win games (even if meaningless) on the court. He will do the above. That is what we Lakers fans have always loved about Kobe. He is the anti-Rose.

It is very conflicting for me. We need a lottery pick to get 1 of the 2 franchise PG's that are in the draft (Exum or Smart). However, I don't for a second expect Kobe to change the mindset he has had for his entire career for a few more ping pong balls.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all likelihood, Kobe will come back at some point late in the season. This team is so HumptyDumpty that it won't make a huge difference if he does.

He will help us win a few games that we otherwise would not have. He will likely cost us a couple spots in the draft in doing so. However, his job is to be ready, to work hard and heal, to stay mentally tough, and to try to help us win games (even if meaningless) on the court. He will do the above. That is what we Lakers fans have always loved about Kobe. He is the anti-Rose.

It is very conflicting for me. We need a lottery pick to get 1 of the 2 franchise PG's that are in the draft (Exum or Smart). However, I don't for a second expect Kobe to change the mindset he has had for his entire career for a few more ping pong balls.

:agree: There actually is some benefit for Kobe in coming back this season too. He can use the rest of the season as a "feeling out process" to gauge how much he has left after these last 2 injuries. I expect/hope that his minutes will be decreased (especially when he first comes back) and he can sort of "ease his way back".

Of course, this is Kobe and decreased minutes and easing his way back, aren't really his style, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of benefit of Kobe coming back to play this season. It is about body and game conditioning to get ready for next year. Even though some or a lot of that will be lost in the summer by not playing, it is still good for him to work on his body and see if anything else is about to fall apart. Like it or not - this might not be the end of Kobe's injuries and he might as well see to it now rather than wait until next season

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy with Aids giving his opinion on a guy that rapes white girl booty. There has to be a joke in there somewhere.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy with Aids giving his opinion on a guy that rapes white girl booty. There has to be a joke in there somewhere.

Damn+Basterd.+Source+Inglourious+Basterds_66ec51_4966259.gif

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Lakers aren't doing well, I suspect Kobe will try to come back sooner to try and add to his legend by taking the lakers from bottom dwellers to playoff team.