• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic Johnson Says Kobe Should Sit The Season

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I disagree even though at this point, I think the Lakers should tank it and get themselves a really nice first round draft pick. Kobe needs to come back and work on his conditioning and game. I believe it's going to take the rest of the season playing hard for Kobe to get back his game to the point that next season he will be able to play without problems. Sitting out would delay his recovery and Magic needs to manage the Dodgers and leave the Lakers alone

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to post these same sentiments in another thread. We might as well try and trade Gasol, sit Kobe for the year to ensure his health next season, and hope Steve Nash retires. The Lakers could end up hitting the lottery.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the world thinks magic should stop talking. Kobe probably has a team of doctors working around the clock on this, Magic you are not one of them.

But laker fans, please realize Kobe is never going to be Kobe again. At this point he is the tank effort.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the world thinks magic should stop talking. Kobe probably has a team of doctors working around the clock on this, Magic you are not one of them.

But laker fans, please realize Kobe is never going to be Kobe again. At this point he is the tank effort.

Are you drunk? Lol.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all that fine cheap cerveza I'm sure

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no bigger Lakers fan than Magic and, as usual, he's right. Kobe should be on a warm beach somewhere until September.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no bigger Lakers fan than Magic and, as usual, he's right. Kobe should be on a warm beach somewhere until September.

That may be the case, but I disagree with what's his name when he says Kobe will never be the same. I think Kobe can be what he was last year before that injury. Either way, I would rather see the Lakers miss the playoffs and get a better first round draft pick

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But laker fans, please realize Kobe is never going to be Kobe again.At this point he is the tank effort.

:wtf: Did you see the Kobe interview before the Celtic game ?? man you are on crack. :L

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be honest, you guys really think that Kobe after an achilles rupture and knee fracture his body is going to stop breaking down and he will be what he was pre injury? And you guys think I am the one on crack?

He's probably drinking Coors(cow urine) instead of a Corona(quality beer):lol:

This is offensive, I did not drink Coors (or 90% of domestics) when I lived in the states, I am sure as hell not going to pass up the fresher Corona and Tequila down here!! :suds:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be honest, you guys really think that Kobe after an achilles rupture and knee fracture his body is going to stop breaking down and he will be what he was pre injury? And you guys think I am the one on crack?

This is offensive, I did not drink Coors (or 90% of domestics) when I lived in the states, I am sure as hell not going to pass up the fresher Corona and Tequila down here!! :suds:

I knew that would get you rile up - There is no way in hell any one in Mexico would drink a Coors or Budwiser:laugh3::lol: - Sorry man, I just had to mess with you:laugh3:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bots layer, for this year the lakers should tank. It's probably the last decent draft pick they will get for many years. A top 10 pick is very valuable.

Relative to Kobe in the years ahead, he will be a top 10/15 player at worse, eventually going as pierce has by end of those two years . Lakers are not tanking with Kobe. They could even make the playoffs.

Why would they not tank? Because they have no draft picks in those years .

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm one of the Lakers, outside of those with a guaranteed contract, which is practically entire team why wouldn't I bust my butt trying to show management and other teams what I can do? On subject of tanking, if I'm one of those guys I'm playing balls out looking for that next contract. I'm agreeing with those that don't believe Lakers are tanking.

Ravaged by injuries, bunch of new and younger players, their record is not shocking. No, they're not tanking in my humble opinion.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right. What is the purpose of Kobe coming back when th Lakers season is already done?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have never played this season at all.
He should have been amnestied to put the Lakers in a better financial position long term and to assure he had proper time to heal.

It was going to be a lost season anyway.

As far as team finances, all the seats were basically presold anyway and if fans knew the situation up front, they are still buying the jersey because there is no other player on the roster for the most part worth buying.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right. What is the purpose of Kobe coming back when the Lakers season is already done?

Magic has the right idea about the wrong player. Yes, Kobe should sit out the season (or most of it), but it's just not something he will allow himself to do.

As he said when asked after the game last night:

"The only thing I can afford to consider is getting better, getting stronger. To do anything else becomes distracting. If you give yourself wiggle room to not push yourself as hard as you possibly can by thinking 'I'm going to sit out'...then the motivation's gone and I refuse to let that happen. It's my job to be ready".

He'll come back and he'll expect to win. It'll probably cost the Lakers a few ping pong balls, but I prefer Kobe's attitude over what D-Rose did.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic has the right idea about the wrong player. Yes, Kobe should sit out the season (or most of it), but it's just not something he will allow himself to do.

As he said when asked after the game last night:

"The only thing I can afford to consider is getting better, getting stronger. To do anything else becomes distracting. If you give yourself wiggle room to not push yourself as hard as you possibly can by thinking 'I'm going to sit out'...then the motivation's gone and I refuse to let that happen. It's my job to be ready".

He'll come back and he'll expect to win. It'll probably cost the Lakers a few ping pong balls, but I prefer Kobe's attitude over what D-Rose did.

I agree....Kobe is like Derek Jeter

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is a business man. He will do what is necessary to remain the face of the brand. He is following magic into using his last years to use lakers money for these new ventures. He is networking in boston these days . The dude is ssshhhaaaapppp