• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch retires During Super Bowl

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch sent a tweet during the Super Bowl of his shoes on a line, "hanging up the boots"

We saw it coming, but the league just lost a great player and personality, even though he didn't talk to the media.

He retired last yr after Pete didn't give him the ball to win the SB, he just decided to make them pay him this yr for showing up......He was a beast when he wanted to play, I don't think he wanted to play this yr, his heart ain't in it no more, and it could be any of a thousand reasons why....The other RB was doing pretty well this yr tho, so I think they'll be alright without a half hearted effort from
th?id=OIP.M4640b3ce8b7defdb02cf3e99392ad47do1&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg...:2cents:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? They paid him 12 mil for 500 yds of production last year. No need for a cherry on top if you ask me.

Well even if we take the bad press issue off the table, no way Lynch didn't work this out with the team. It's not in the team's interest for Lynch to stick around until June 1st to cut him.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SA was by far the better back...has more yards, more TD's and played less years. Better average yards per carry...never ran anybody over or drove drunk...hosts numerous Seahawks records...dude had 5 Td's in a half and an 80 yard bomb...an NFL MVP...had more td catches than beast mode...played with a broken wrist

Y'all are some sorry seahawks fans

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SA was by far the better back...has more yards, more TD's and played less years. Better average yards per carry...never ran anybody over or drove drunk...hosts numerous Seahawks records...dude had 5 Td's in a half and an 80 yard bomb...an NFL MVP...had more td catches than beast mode...played with a broken wrist

But who was blocking for him?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dis is how I know you be trollin'.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol @ retarded stat whores.

Lynch was better.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the kiddies here would try and argue Lynch was a better football player. He wasn't. There is no argument. You kids were probably 6 years old when Alexander played so your opinion isn't valid anyway.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He retired last yr after Pete didn't give him the ball to win the SB, he just decided to make them pay him this yr for showing up......He was a beast when he wanted to play, I don't think he wanted to play this yr, his heart ain't in it no more, and it could be any of a thousand reasons why....The other RB was doing pretty well this yr tho, so I think they'll be alright without a half hearted effort from
View attachment 87034...:2cents:

Or it could have been that knuckle that was sticking out of his gut that they eventually had to operate on. You know, the sports hernia thing he dealt with all year?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the kiddies here would try and argue Lynch was a better football player. He wasn't. There is no argument. You kids were probably 6 years old when Alexander played so your opinion isn't valid anyway.

Yep, nice valid argument...can't refute so try and mock

Your arguments that Alexander was better show that you're the ones that are late to the party, not us.

Alexander did one thing better than Lynch, set up his blockers. And he had some GREAT ones. Lynch was a better receiver, better in the open field, hit the hole harder, better at finding cutbacks, finishing runs, and was just a more intimidating and impactful presence,

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful there Rock, the inept one is a fan favourite in Seattle.....

Meh, there are lots of fan bases that connect themselves to average players. Tommy Kramer is still beloved up here (largely based on one unbelievable throw).

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your arguments that Alexander was better show that you're the ones that are late to the party, not us.

Alexander did one thing better than Lynch, set up his blockers. And he had some GREAT ones. Lynch was a better receiver, better in the open field, hit the hole harder, better at finding cutbacks, finishing runs, and was just a more intimidating and impactful presence,
Nothing supports that...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing supports that...

Watching football does.

And this...

Walter Jones: "I think anyone could have done what Shaun Alexander did behind our OL. All he had to do was make a linebacker or safety miss. I would have loved to block for Lynch"

Jones is just a Seahawks homer who started watching football in 2012. :lol:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching football does.

And this...

Walter Jones: "I think anyone could have done what Shaun Alexander did behind our OL. All he had to do was make a linebacker or safety miss. I would have loved to block for Lynch"

Jones is just a Seahawks homer who started watching football in 2012. :lol:

I don't have an opinion on the topic, but it certainly sounds to me like Walter Jones may have a beef with Alexander. It's one thing to praise Lynch, but completely disrespecting Alexander like that sounds personal. Not sure that was an unbiased opinion.