• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luongo

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and unlike Cody ... Luongo has been a good soldier for the canucks no matter how many perceived failures from fans and media alike ... Gillis wouldnt throw him under the bus after the fact

I'm thinking Gillis comment on Cody was a big fuck you to his agent

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah you are right ... i probably am over-reacting ... Luongo can't win with anything he says ... when you just see that one comment ... it just doesnt seem like he has the fire to fight for his job :noidea: ... like he's re-signed to the fact he is going to be moved

This is how I read it. Nothing unprofessional here. It just strikes me (and this isn't the first time) that Lou is a guy who doesn't want to battle through tough times.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I read it. Nothing unprofessional here. It just strikes me (and this isn't the first time) that Lou is a guy who doesn't want to battle through tough times.

He used to though Kenny ... and then people would rip him for being arrogant or cocky

the dude cant win for trying

its like when Timmay Thomas came out 2 games ago and said his team wasnt putting pressure on Holtby and they werent doing enough in general to win ... they werent working hard enough they werent grinding

for the most part he got a pass

when Luongo used to do that, he was overstepping his bounds and not being accountable ... he wasnt taking responsibility

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As unfair as it is, most fans blame Luongo for the SCF lost to the Bruins - I still go back to 8 goals in 7 games (that's not going to beat anybody). He and the team need a fresh start.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have to say anything to the media though. He could have dealt with this one-on-one with Gillis.

But think of how well that's worked out for OTHER big name players who tried to handle things behind closed doors. Maybe he saw what's happened to others and tried to get his story out.

His comments, the performance this round and the general weirdness around it has taken his stock from "big name" down to "salary dump".

Guy's got GOBS of talent, but is anyone really going to pay a lot for him? Vancouver is really stuck here. They are probably going to get stuck with salary or stupid contract coming back.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But think of how well that's worked out for OTHER big name players who tried to handle things behind closed doors. Maybe he saw what's happened to others and tried to get his story out.

His comments, the performance this round and the general weirdness around it has taken his stock from "big name" down to "salary dump".

Guy's got GOBS of talent, but is anyone really going to pay a lot for him? Vancouver is really stuck here. They are probably going to get stuck with salary or stupid contract coming back.

just like columbus was stuck with Carters contract.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He used to though Kenny ... and then people would rip him for being arrogant or cocky

the dude cant win for trying

its like when Timmay Thomas came out 2 games ago and said his team wasnt putting pressure on Holtby and they werent doing enough in general to win ... they werent working hard enough they werent grinding

for the most part he got a pass

when Luongo used to do that, he was overstepping his bounds and not being accountable ... he wasnt taking responsibility

I suppose so.

He's taken a beating over the years.

The Canucks have a good replacement and Lou still has some good hockey left in him.

Time to move on I suppose.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade for him - he took his team to game 7 of the Finals - and his team got shut out.

The length of the contract isn't the best, but the cap hit isn't crippling. Paying five and a half for a starter isn't the end of the world. Besides, if you get four or five more years out of him, the buyout isn't that bad.

I hope he ends up in Chicago.

Buy low and sell high - seems that the Canucks are looking to do the opposite here...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Edmonton I'm giving some serious thought to making a deal with Vancouver.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything he said is professional and classy nothing wrong with one thing. Im listening to it now on team1040 not from twitter quotes or blogs or such....

Ugh, I can't stand that radio station - it is taxing to listen to them.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about New Jersey?

Goaltending isn't really our problem. Adding a guy that is streaky in the playoffs to a team that is starting to become perennial playoff choke artists doesn't seem like a good match. Especially with his cap hit.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of teams will show interest.

- Toronto can always use goaltenders.
- Tampa needs a new goalie, and Lou look downright young compared to their out-going starter.
- I would assume Chicago has lost some faith in Crawford as their man of the future.
- Pittsburgh possibly has the same issue with MAF.
- The Islanders love long contracts for goaltenders.
- Philly could be downright deadly with even a solid goaltender.

Obviously there would be cap considerations, etc., but I think there will be a lot of interest, it's just a question of what they can get back.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goaltending isn't really our problem. Adding a guy that is streaky in the playoffs to a team that is starting to become perennial playoff choke artists doesn't seem like a good match. Especially with his cap hit.

yeah but isn't EVERY goalie streaky in the playoffs? Brodeur the exception in his glory. Roy was way different too but you look at the 30+ goalies in the league that are starters which goalie is a guaranteed non streaky goalie?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Oilers are very high on Dubnyk after his performance in the last 6 weeks of the season.

I would think the Leafs, Lightning, and possibly the Devils are most in need of netminders right now.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if you trade Luongo for draft picks and a prospect you free up $5.3 cap which can go to help for a skater.

I am not going to guess at his value. none of us know. this league has a way of surprising us on what can be traded and what you can get back

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I may have read the original NJ suggestion differently, but I thought it was more along the lines of "how much longer will Brodeur even be around?"

His contract is up, he turns 40 next month, so who knows if he may just hang them up and walk away with his head held high.

And his cap hit is virtually identical to Lou's, so no issues there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Oilers are very high on Dubnyk after his performance in the last 6 weeks of the season.

I would think the Leafs, Lightning, and possibly the Devils are most in need of netminders right now.

Maybe, but with no pressure (i.e. games not meaning anything), it's easy to put up some good numbers. Regardless, Lowebellini never run out of ways to make a mess.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devs have some solid guys in the pipeline and I think they have bigger issues than goaltending. We still have to give up a 1st round pick with the Kovy debacle 2 summers ago so I'm not sure what type of package we could put together. Also, a lot of the cap space being freed up by Marty's expiring contract will go towards resigning Parise. While I guess it is a possibility, I don't see it as a likely one.