• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Lucroy's Brewers visit the Rangers, 9/26-9/28

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope our offense wakes up prior to the postseason.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your four points are pretty good too. This team is out of control at least to the extent that America's past time was never intended to be put on ignorant display and made to be something else other than what it is. BASEBALL.

I blame Canadian beer.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope our offense wakes up prior to the postseason.

They'll ebb and flow. They won't be the 2011 or 2012 offense but they have qualities that team didn't as well. I'd imagine if we make a deep run we do it by winning a few more 1 run games and with some 5-3 type score lines.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely trash team.
If you guys want reason #4,814,662 to hate the Blue Jays, I've got a story for you:

Last night my company had a vendor in from out of town and they treated us to a night in a suite out at the Ballpark. The vendor also invited a couple of guys who work for one of their clients (Adidas) who were also in town out to the game. So the group in the suite was me, 2 of my co-workers, 5 or 6 people from our vendor company, and the 2 guys in town who work for Adidas.

So right as we got there, I immediately went and sat out on the suite's deck to watch the game, not interested in the business talk going on indoors. One of the Adidas guys comes out and sits next to me. So I introduce myself and ask him where he's from. "Toronto". Uh-oh. So then he asks me if I hate the Blue Jays. Since this was a company outing and I didn't want to start a war within the first 5 minutes of me being there, I was polite and said "no, Rangers fans don't really hate the Jays. There's just one guy we don't like- Bautista". I said it in a very friendly joking way with a smile on my face. Well, this guy just freaking lost it. "WHAT?! Bautista is awesome! You don't like him because of a bat flip?"

I stayed calm and kept smiling, saying "well, you have to admit it was more than just your average bat flip. The guy did throw his bat at our dugout". Then he lost it even more. "You Rangers fans are idiots. Odor is the bitch in all of this. He intentionally broke that guy's ankle for the Angels, and then he cheap-shot Bautista because he couldn't fight him like a man. I hope he gets hit in his ugly fucking face with a fastball".

I'm not kidding. This little twerp (about 5'5", plaid flannel shirt, stereotypical liberal millennial Canadian) absolutely came unglued and was yelling at me in a suite at a BUSINESS outing in OUR home team's stadium within 5 minutes of meeting me.

I was not about to embarrass myself or risk getting fired, so I didn't stoop to his level. But I did calmly mention that Odor got several congratulatory texts from players around the league because Bautista is so hated, and then I asked him why the Blue Jays had gotten into brawls with so many teams this season (and this was before I even knew about the Yankees brawl).

His response will make you either see red or laugh- "it's because the Blue Jays are the best team and when you're the best team everyone hates you and wants to fight you". I'm not kidding. He said that with a straight face. So I replied "then why haven't the Cubs been in any brawls?"

And he had nothing. Nothing. The best he could do was "whatever, dude". Then he started chanting "Rangers suck!" from our balcony, which caused fans below to look up. I walked inside and ignored him the rest of the night. I overheard him talking to one of the people who works for our vendor about how sad it was that "Albert Hernandez" had been killed in the boating accident. I'm not shitting you. He called Jose Fernandez "Albert Hernandez".

I just wanted to share this story with you all to let you know what a completely embarrassing, clueless, ignorant, and downright trashy fan base exists up there in Toronto. We all knew that based on their showing in last year's playoffs, but I now have had a personal experience with one of their idiots that really did open my eyes even further and explain that they are indeed as trashy as they seem on tv and on message boards. They are the worst of the worst.

I maintained my cool for the sake of my job, but you guys came AWFULLY CLOSE to seeing/hearing about a fan throwing another fan off the ledge of a suite last night.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your four points are pretty good too. This team is out of control at least to the extent that America's past time was never intended to be put on ignorant display and made to be something else other than what it is. BASEBALL.

Thank you sir. I was really just trying to give wastin some due and then throw in my 2 cents were a little. ha

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maintained my cool for the sake of my job, but you guys came AWFULLY CLOSE to seeing/hearing about a fan throwing another fan off the ledge of a suite last night.

Good Lord...how did you not?

He showed his lack of class, common/business sense, and knowledge of the game.

I'm happy I wasn't there. Not kidding.

But it seems so strange to me how many people I know we have visited Toronto and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the city and people. Just don't understand.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll ebb and flow. They won't be the 2011 or 2012 offense but they have qualities that team didn't as well. I'd imagine if we make a deep run we do it by winning a few more 1 run games and with some 5-3 type score lines.
Well then I hope we get a lot more flow than ebb.

alice-flo-kiss-my-grits.jpg
d2a6f27bfda6dcfd0ae2bf688a53d010.jpg

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord...how did you not?

He showed his lack of class, common/business sense, and knowledge of the game.

I'm happy I wasn't there. Not kidding.

But it seems so strange to me how many people I know we have visited Toronto and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the city and people. Just don't understand.

Maybe it's just the sports fans in Toronto who are miserable people, but the rest of the general population is pretty nice. I know Maple Leafs fans are awful... not in the way that Philly or Oakland fans are, but more in a hyper-critical, always trashing their players yet telling everyone else who will listen how awesome the franchise is and how their fans are the best kind of way. And I'm sure that SOME Blue Jays fans are cool and knowledgeable. But I do know that there were literally thousands at that game in last year's playoffs that were throwing debris and beer bottles down on the field because they didn't understand a rule. And I've seen countless ignorant Blue Jays fans on message boards who are nothing but jerks, so I do know there is a disproportionately large number of their fanbase who fall into that category.

There could be a little selection and/or recency bias in my assessment, but in general I just don't see as many people in other fanbases acting the way they do, much less in such frequent occurrences. A's fans are for the most part trashy people, but they're lacking the ignorance and arrogance of the Jays fans.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys want reason #4,814,662 to hate the Blue Jays, I've got a story for you:

Last night my company had a vendor in from out of town and they treated us to a night in a suite out at the Ballpark. The vendor also invited a couple of guys who work for one of their clients (Adidas) who were also in town out to the game. So the group in the suite was me, 2 of my co-workers, 5 or 6 people from our vendor company, and the 2 guys in town who work for Adidas.

So right as we got there, I immediately went and sat out on the suite's deck to watch the game, not interested in the business talk going on indoors. One of the Adidas guys comes out and sits next to me. So I introduce myself and ask him where he's from. "Toronto". Uh-oh. So then he asks me if I hate the Blue Jays. Since this was a company outing and I didn't want to start a war within the first 5 minutes of me being there, I was polite and said "no, Rangers fans don't really hate the Jays. There's just one guy we don't like- Bautista". I said it in a very friendly joking way with a smile on my face. Well, this guy just freaking lost it. "WHAT?! Bautista is awesome! You don't like him because of a bat flip?"

I stayed calm and kept smiling, saying "well, you have to admit it was more than just your average bat flip. The guy did throw his bat at our dugout". Then he lost it even more. "You Rangers fans are idiots. Odor is the bitch in all of this. He intentionally broke that guy's ankle for the Angels, and then he cheap-shot Bautista because he couldn't fight him like a man. I hope he gets hit in his ugly fucking face with a fastball".

I'm not kidding. This little twerp (about 5'5", plaid flannel shirt, stereotypical liberal millennial Canadian) absolutely came unglued and was yelling at me in a suite at a BUSINESS outing in OUR home team's stadium within 5 minutes of meeting me.

I was not about to embarrass myself or risk getting fired, so I didn't stoop to his level. But I did calmly mention that Odor got several congratulatory texts from players around the league because Bautista is so hated, and then I asked him why the Blue Jays had gotten into brawls with so many teams this season (and this was before I even knew about the Yankees brawl).

His response will make you either see red or laugh- "it's because the Blue Jays are the best team and when you're the best team everyone hates you and wants to fight you". I'm not kidding. He said that with a straight face. So I replied "then why haven't the Cubs been in any brawls?"

And he had nothing. Nothing. The best he could do was "whatever, dude". Then he started chanting "Rangers suck!" from our balcony, which caused fans below to look up. I walked inside and ignored him the rest of the night. I overheard him talking to one of the people who works for our vendor about how sad it was that "Albert Hernandez" had been killed in the boating accident. I'm not shitting you. He called Jose Fernandez "Albert Hernandez".

I just wanted to share this story with you all to let you know what a completely embarrassing, clueless, ignorant, and downright trashy fan base exists up there in Toronto. We all knew that based on their showing in last year's playoffs, but I now have had a personal experience with one of their idiots that really did open my eyes even further and explain that they are indeed as trashy as they seem on tv and on message boards. They are the worst of the worst.

Think I would've said, "Yep, typical blue jay fan." And walked off.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I can think we can all agree that the Blue Jays team itself if the most despicable bunch of players in the league. No other team comes close. Because of their actions and attitudes, they've now brawled with the Rangers, Twins, Orioles, Rays, Royals, and Yankees this season alone. And those are just ones I can specifically recall off the top of my head. A Google search might reveal more, I'm not sure. But most teams at MOST have 1 bench-clearing incident per season, maybe 2 in extreme cases. But the Jays have had 6! When it's ALWAYS the same team at the center of every brawl, you know who the instigator is.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I would've said, "Yep, typical blue jay fan." And walked off.
That would have been probably the most appropriate response. I did shake my head at him and walk away, but I should have gotten in my dig at their fan base when I had the chance. People that ignorant cannot be reasoned with. The Blue Jays could be in dead last and that guy would still sit there and insist they are the best team in baseball.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL on the Cubs comeback. You did well. You should have told him what you think about Canadian beer!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jays could be in dead last and that guy would still sit there and insist they are the best team in baseball.

And thus "ignorance is bliss" has once again reared it's ugly head.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would have been probably the most appropriate response. I did shake my head at him and walk away, but I should have gotten in my dig at their fan base when I had the chance. People that ignorant cannot be reasoned with. The Blue Jays could be in dead last and that guy would still sit there and insist they are the best team in baseball.
If Baltimore or Detroit knock them out you can send him an email congratulating his best team in baseball. Who by the way is not even in 1st in their own division.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees-Blue Jays fight could cost Jays big as injuries and suspensions loom

Im not hoping their players are injured but I hope MLB tests that idiot Donaldson and finds a positive test on his dumb ass. The way he loses his cool so fast, screams of steroid use. The way he lost his mind sceaming F bombs and spitting on that umpire a couple weeks ago, deserved a multi game suspension. I hope he wears more pitches every season until he learns his lesson. Oh and he's all talk and doesn't really back up shit. I would love to throttle his ass one good time myself

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ironic that a couple of years ago we couldn't lose 2 or 3 more games in September when we had a much lesser team so that we could draft someone like Bregman instead of Tate. Now when our team is better we are probably going to be a couple of wins short of HFA all the way through. Oh well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOwalk sux AJ