• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luck's presser about facility upgrades

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah DAD,

10% to the Church, and 5% to their 2nd devotion.

It's called SACRIFICE.

Opposite of being a whiny bitch.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah DAD,

It's called SACRIFICE.

I don't know if anyone else did...but I got a chuckle out of this one!!..:lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah DAD,

It's called SACRIFICE.

Dont forget the 40% to the various governments. 20% or more for housing, 15% for transportation, damn we are up to 90% already, I wonder how we are going to eat, go hunting and fishing, take the wife out for a date night. Actually I give about 15% to the church, my tithe, plus my pledge to the building fund, plus my pledge to the missions dept. Read the editorials in the papers, MANY folks are upset with Luck, not just Mickey and I.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone else did...but I got a chuckle out of this one!!..:lol:

I did too but was afraid of getting a -1 if I said anything. :nutswing:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, Mad, using the logic expressed here, we should all just give every penny we make to Luck so he can build fancier sports arenas. After we donate all we have we can borrow money to buy $1000 a piece tickets, pay $300 to park, shit, raise the price of a hot dog to $50, we all know they should screw you in the stadium, since you can not get out and back in. They should position 55 gallon drums of vaseline around the concourse.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget the 40% to the various governments. 20% or more for housing, 15% for transportation, damn we are up to 90% already, I wonder how we are going to eat, go hunting and fishing, take the wife out for a date night. Actually I give about 15% to the church, my tithe, plus my pledge to the building fund, plus my pledge to the missions dept. Read the editorials in the papers, MANY folks are upset with Luck, not just Mickey and I.

I'm glad to hear you give 15% to your church.

With all the BS and outright lies you post on this site... I was gonna have a convo with your pastor to make sure you did something to repent.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

When it comes to your opinion of Luck, I am not surprised by your feelings or that there are many other West Virginians who share it with you by writing comments in newspapers or other media sites...

There has long been a good ole boy network in WV. There are many factors affecting the state... its past... present... and future..., but one that certainly stands out is the small mindedness of its citizens. So many are afraid of change... distrust outsiders... concerned about thinking big... outside the box.

Why would West Virginians take a risk on change? It's easier to feel sorry for themselves... feel like it is 'us against the world.'

Eddie P was a great AD in their minds... because he kept the status quo.

Progressive states... state universities... love leaders like Luck. A guy who came in with a plan to improve the overall health of his department... while cementing its future.

WV falls at the bottom of so many national statistical categories... and, no one should wonder why...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, Mad, using the logic expressed here, we should all just give every penny we make to Luck so he can build fancier sports arenas. After we donate all we have we can borrow money to buy $1000 a piece tickets, pay $300 to park, shit, raise the price of a hot dog to $50, we all know they should screw you in the stadium, since you can not get out and back in. They should position 55 gallon drums of vaseline around the concourse.

Come on DAD...now your exaggerating..more than usual!...pretty sure the majority of funds are coming from the increased revenues generated by being a member of the BIG 12 CONFERENCE!!!:gaah:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that's the point I have trying to dive home with you DAD...if a solid Capital plan had been put in place during Eddie P's tenure then the monies needed to spend to play catch up right now would not be as significant...

Sorry to tell you this and the rest who share your view...EDDIE PASTILONG was a sleep at the wheel...sure you can point to some minor improvements...but thats it...Think how embarrassing it was that he let the Colisuem be shut down because of asbestos and the basketball team played an entire season...........in CHARLESTON!!!..........he knew there was an asbestos issue and until a pipe burst and increased exposure ...basically putting a gun to his head...did he finally have it removed!!...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Charleston Gazette | In big picture, $106M just isn’t that much

"And it’s certainly not just the schools in the Big 12. I was at LSU a few weeks ago for the third time in the last nine years and the improvements made to the Pete Maravich Assembly Center are stunning. To even attempt to compare LSU’s overall athletic facilities with those of WVU would be comical, yet that’s the kind of program against whom West Virginia fans expect the Mountaineers to compete, be it in football, basketball, gymnastics or anything else."

That sums up most of the bashers right there, don't put anything into it but we expect top results...:L Even though over the course of WVU history we have been pretty average...lets not do anything to get better.

West Virginia is using $106 million and spreading it out over virtually every athletic facility it has. And in many cases it’s not to create glitzier facilities, but to simply bring them up to minimum standards.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"And it’s certainly not just the schools in the Big 12. I was at LSU a few weeks ago for the third time in the last nine years and the improvements made to the Pete Maravich Assembly Center are stunning. To even attempt to compare LSU’s overall athletic facilities with those of WVU would be comical, yet that’s the kind of program against whom West Virginia fans expect the Mountaineers to compete, be it in football, basketball, gymnastics or anything else."

That sums up most of the bashers right there, don't put anything into it but we expect top results...:L Even though over the course of WVU history we have been pretty average...lets not do anything to get better.

West Virginia is using $106 million and spreading it out over virtually every athletic facility it has. And in many cases it’s not to create glitzier facilities, but to simply bring them up to minimum standards.

And DCW hits the nail right on the head....if Wv fans are as passioned as they say they are...and freqeuntly use the phrase "We do not have any pro teams, this is our pro team"...then the program should be run as one of the best in the country then...and Luck is driving that agenda!..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But... WV is a poor state.

And, it does not seem right to spend money to keep up with these other poor states... and their state university and public supported football programs.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUH, WVU seemed to do just fine on Pastilong's watch, since we started losing under Luck, you guys are looking for excuses for losing other than the ineffective coaching. WVU went to and won three BSC bowls in the last eight years, went to the final four once and the sweet 16 twice, won national championships in rifle, Womens basketball moved up the ladder, Soccer, track, gymnastics all got better. As to the asbestos in the coliseum, ask ANY contractor what do do in a building containing it, you do not open the can of worms until you HAVE to, asbestos, as long as it is secure and contained is not an issue, it only becomes a problem when it gets torn or exposed. NO ONE tears into and removes asbestos just because it is there, there is asbestos in every older building on campus........Look for another excuse for why Holgorsen cant win and his team gets worse each year.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUH, WVU seemed to do just fine on Pastilong's watch, since we started losing under Luck, you guys are looking for excuses for losing other than the ineffective coaching. WVU went to and won three BSC bowls in the last eight years, went to the final four once and the sweet 16 twice, won national championships in rifle, Womens basketball moved up the ladder, Soccer, track, gymnastics all got better. As to the asbestos in the coliseum, ask ANY contractor what do do in a building containing it, you do not open the can of worms until you HAVE to, asbestos, as long as it is secure and contained is not an issue, it only becomes a problem when it gets torn or exposed. NO ONE tears into and removes asbestos just because it is there, there is asbestos in every older building on campus........Look for another excuse for why Holgorsen cant win and his team gets worse each year.

We need to make a bowl this year or he needs to go. Same with Basketball no NCAA Huggs has to go.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think Patterson at TCU has forgot how to coach since they went to the Big12?

TCU had every bit as good of records as we had before the moves. There is not much much difference between the old BE and the MWC. Can't understand why people can't see.........

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the biggest Hickman fan, but if these items are true, which appears he has merit to his findings, how does any AD let facilities be built that do not meet the minimum standards? My son said 'This place is a lot smaller than I thought. I'm not sure if it is from seeing the University of Tennessee's stadium (from the outside) or Beaver Stadium (also from the outside), but it seems small.'

Harley Field was interesting. It looked like the ball fields of some of the local high schools in the area. I'm not sure of what type of crowds they get, but this is 1 area I think money may be better expanding the facility rather than moving it off campus. I'm not sure if there is not enough space there and sometimes it is costly to cut and paste, but moving it too much further off campus may cause a loss in students. Now, having said this, I really didn't see a lot of younger students. Younger kids, but not WVU students. I spoke to an older gentleman who drives from Clarksburg for many of the games. He said that he sat in 33 degree weather for the Pitt opener. Dedication from a non-WVU grad (Naval Academy, Old Dominion, and another school that escapes me right now-and I called him older). I'm sure that the baseball stadium project is being mandated by the Big 12 and hopefully Morgantown gets a MLB affiliate to play there as well.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on now DAD…. remember… what would Jesus do?

Don't be making up BS before going to Church. Now you gonna need to put a couple of extra $1 dollar bills in the collection plate today.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luck made the correct move by giving Dana the extension after the Orange Bowl, we were headed to a much better conference and we were going to have money tied up in exit fees ect.. So going on a coaching search with limited funds would have been disasterous AND that move plus facility upgrades ect.. Has given Holgerson every chance to succeed in Morgantown.
This will be year 3 in the Big12 for DH, 3 years in this era of CFB is usually the measuring stick when AD's start to seriously think about firing THEIR hire. It is fair to give Dana more rope than a normal hire because of the conference switch but the grace period is quickly coming to an end. I have every confidence that Luck will make a move if its necessary, 2014 is going to be a big year for DH one way or another IMO.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now DAD…. remember… what would Jesus do?

Don't be making up BS before going to Church. Now you gonna need to put a couple of extra $1 dollar bills in the collection plate today.

EXACTLY what is made up, BB? The steam tunnels are full of asbestos, the PRT is caked with it, every floor tile in the older buildings, are you guys going to say that every president of WVU sat on their hands because they are not tearing it out? I just do not get the hatred of the past, had Pastilong not got WVU in the BE in the early 1990s, this conversation would not even be happening, because we would probably be in CUSA with Marshall right now.