• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luck's presser about facility upgrades

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Mickey was front and center to ask questions!

So are they doing anything with the grey walls and the open end of the stadium? The side the team runs out from, never will understand why there are not seats there.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot wait to get up there to that new ball park, it looks great.....comparatively to northern schools I would imagine this stands toe to toe with them....anyone have any insight on that?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the grey walls are going to be covered with new ribbon boards. IMG is supposed to pay for their installment... they'll be used to advertise.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, since I imagine they would be put at the top of the wall, I wonder if they would brick up the bottom? Just think that grey looks horrible.

Our two numbers of honor look like a frat broke in during the middle of the night and spray painted our walls. They need to fix that. Probably get everything I want done for a couple fo bucks. Damn you Luck! :suds:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Mickey was front and center to ask questions!

So are they doing anything with the grey walls and the open end of the stadium? The side the team runs out from, never will understand why there are not seats there.

Well apparently he was...but fell asleep.......:nod:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU Investing in its Athletic Future - WVU Athletics

Who and where are the people that approved all this building of playing fields without locker rooms? lol I mean come on we are a division 1 university and the visiting team does not even have a locker room?

I really like the changes that are planned, feel like some of this stuff should have been done whenever the site was first built.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU Investing in its Athletic Future - WVU Athletics

Who and where are the people that approved all this building of playing fields without locker rooms? lol I mean come on we are a division 1 university and the visiting team does not even have a locker room?

I really like the changes that are planned, feel like some of this stuff should have been done whenever the site was first built.

I have kicked thsi dead horse for awhile....Eddie P set the department back years!.. add in additional monies for increase in costs by waiting so long...it even makes it worse!...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have kicked thsi dead horse for awhile....Eddie P set the department back years!.. add in additional monies for increase in costs by waiting so long...it even makes it worse!...

See I am split on that...Eddie P did a lot of good things. I wonder when it comes to the facilities if some of good ol boys steered these projects to bank their wallets. He definitely did not have the leeway Luck has been given. IMO

Best example for me is something we discussed not to long ago, the practice facility. The fact that thing cost 9 mil there should be an investigation. Indoor facility that sucks and an outside practice area we can use until it rains. Lol

Freaking comical.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just do not get the constant derision of everything before Luck came along. Pastilong did a good job as our AD, WVU athletics rose to new heights under his watch. Pastilong thought of the fans over the bank account, he understood that WVa is a poor state and people can not afford to pay a month or better of salary to buy season tickets for their favorite team. Looking at this years pricing, a family of four would have $2400 JUST for season tickets!!!! THEN add the gas, parking, food, etc and BOOM, the average WVa fan can no longer afford to see the Mounties. Pastilong was of the old school, he understood that he had a boss he had to answer to. The new breed of ADs, Luck being one, have taken hold and gone straight after what THEY want without answering to their bosses.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the travesty...a family of four can't afford season tickets to WVU...lets file that under American problems.

Do you have any factual data on the family of four situation Mickey? Are there numbers to support your claims that families of four cannot afford the games? I know a bunch of families who make the season purchase every year as i sit with them and have since the late 90's. For someone who never supports the team in person you seem to know a lot about the make up of the season ticket holders.

Maybe the mission of the AD should be to make sure every family of four in WV can afford season tickets, because you know when Eddie P was running the show every family of four in the state made every home game.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not get the constant derision of everything before Luck came along. Pastilong did a good job as our AD, WVU athletics rose to new heights under his watch. Pastilong thought of the fans over the bank account, he understood that WVa is a poor state and people can not afford to pay a month or better of salary to buy season tickets for their favorite team. Looking at this years pricing, a family of four would have $2400 JUST for season tickets!!!! THEN add the gas, parking, food, etc and BOOM, the average WVa fan can no longer afford to see the Mounties. Pastilong was of the old school, he understood that he had a boss he had to answer to. The new breed of ADs, Luck being one, have taken hold and gone straight after what THEY want without answering to their bosses.

The specific point I made...the longer you put projects off, the more expensive they become...Eddie was satisfied...he became complacent...and with out question set the program back 15 to 20 years....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charleston Daily Mail | Mike Casazza: Luck speaks for first time on facility projects

I wonder why Mikes views differ so much from old man river?

"Once more, though, Luck didn’t have to tell anyone that because the explanations surrounded him. One floor below him was the much-maligned concourse level of the Coliseum, the one that’s 102 restroom units and 21 concession stand transaction units short of federal standards. Think of how long that’s been neglected to fall that far behind.

"If you’re a skeptic, recall the problem WVU had with the play clock in the stadium for the Oklahoma game in 2012. It was out for a while and it was a bad look for the Mountaineers. Huge pieces of pyrite had come to the surface through the years and on that night busted the box that kept the play clock running. Think of how long it was neglected to cause a problem like that. "

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
· “In short, WVU is doing now what it couldn’t before. This is the difference between maintaining facilities, which the university did for a long time, and renovating and expanding facilities, which is possible now through a variety of income streams, and namely those provided by the Big 12 and IMG College.”

Eddie P maintained and he would be doing what Luck is doing now if he was still here....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-richest-poorest-states-042117509.html

I get so fucking tired of reading about how poor WV is... here... or any other message board site.

No shit... WV is poor. But, in looking at the list of the poorest 5 states in the country... what do we find?

Mississippi... Alabama... Arkansas... Kentucky. Do the residents of those states have any problem with spending money to see their beloved student-athletes? Do they complain about the money being spent to upgrade their stadiums or facilities?

Why do some West Virginians have this mindset?

I truly don't get it...