• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luck to Austin?

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say, and think, Luck will not be the eventual choice of Texas. Prestige department, yes. Some minimum contact within the AD department, yes. Standing within the largest alumni group in the nation, NO. Oliver Luck for all his many talents, professional and personal, could not endure the stressful responsibility of taming those nutjobs. We certainly get a lot of press about our alumni and fans(all the bad stuff that is), that Texas continually buries, and having witnessed it countless times in 33 years, those people are crazy, rabid dog crazy, and they make Mountaineers look like the Vienna Boys Choir. No, Luck isn't leaving for Texas. Big 12 Commissioner Bowlsby will fill that job, he has a very long relationship with the Texas brass, and it would be a great lateral move for him.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say, and think, Luck will not be the eventual choice of Texas. Prestige department, yes. Some minimum contact within the AD department, yes. Standing within the largest alumni group in the nation, NO. Oliver Luck for all his many talents, professional and personal, could not endure the stressful responsibility of taming those nutjobs. We certainly get a lot of press about our alumni and fans(all the bad stuff that is), that Texas continually buries, and having witnessed it countless times in 33 years, those people are crazy, rabid dog crazy, and they make Mountaineers look like the Vienna Boys Choir. No, Luck isn't leaving for Texas. Big 12 Commissioner Bowlsby will fill that job, he has a very long relationship with the Texas brass, and it would be a great lateral move for him.

Don't kid yourself....it's because of Luck's relationship with Dodd that Wv is in the Big12...and as far as his ability to handle stress...the guy ran NFL Europe....and he has dealt with getting Wv out of the Big East...he would handle it just fine........

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heartedly disagree Slaton, you cannot even imagine the difference. No, Luck would not be that stupid to take them on, one mistake, one bad season, and those 5 million rabid crazy dogs would have Luck for afternoon snack at their cookout. NFL Europe was a breeze, there was hardly zero fan base, and as far as anything mythical belief in a relationship with Dodd? It exists only in the efforts to win us acceptance into the Big 12, it was non-existent before those efforts. Respectability given Dodd and Luck in the professional, that's a given, BUT, to take the helm of UT as AD, it ain't happenin, not in this lifetime. If you understand anything about smoke and mirrors, UT has routinely used this method, say the name LEAST likely to get the job to throw off the snoop dogs to the real trail. Luck is not leaving WVU, he never leaves without mission accomplished, unless the mission is canceled, and that ain't happenin at WVU.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heartedly disagree Slaton, you cannot even imagine the difference. No, Luck would not be that stupid to take them on, one mistake, one bad season, and those 5 million rabid crazy dogs would have Luck for afternoon snack at their cookout. NFL Europe was a breeze, there was hardly zero fan base, and as far as anything mythical belief in a relationship with Dodd? It exists only in the efforts to win us acceptance into the Big 12, it was non-existent before those efforts. Respectability given Dodd and Luck in the professional, that's a given, BUT, to take the helm of UT as AD, it ain't happenin, not in this lifetime. If you understand anything about smoke and mirrors, UT has routinely used this method, say the name LEAST likely to get the job to throw off the snoop dogs to the real trail. Luck is not leaving WVU, he never leaves without mission accomplished, unless the mission is canceled, and that ain't happenin at WVU.

NFL Europe was breeze?:omg: A mythical relationship?:wtf2:...I would do a little homework on that one my friend....and I doubt anyone is going to have Luck as a snack at anyone's BBQ..:lol:
I think I know what smoke and mirrors means...but I guess everyone has their own defintion....:rollseyes:...

By your post my take away is that you seem to beleive he is not qualified for the job...run me thru why you have that opinion based on Luck's resume.....which is pretty impressive btw.......

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Europe was breeze?:omg: A mythical relationship?:wtf2:...I would do a little homework on that one my friend....and I doubt anyone is going to have Luck as a snack at anyone's BBQ..:lol:
I think I know what smoke and mirrors means...but I guess everyone has their own defintion....:rollseyes:...

By your post my take away is that you seem to beleive he is not qualified for the job...run me thru why you have that opinion based on Luck's resume.....which is pretty impressive btw.......
Luck is going to do what he feels is right, and none of us have real insight into the man. Last time we said someone was a Mountaineer and was not going anywhere didn't work out the way we thought, so to think that because someone went to school here is going to keep them from going somewhere is fooling themselves. I have made no secret that I do not like a lot of what Luck has done, we have to have a continuity at that level to have success.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has absolutely nothing to do with his resume, one for which is exceptional beyond belief, it is squarely in the attitudes of the UT Alumni my friend, not in his qualifications. I cannot remember any real major highlights over 33 years in Houston of other than, according to the Houston Chronicle references, of some grand relationship with Dodd, if there was, it certainly would be news to me. There was a ton of articles about Luck's successful operation of a fledgling soccer team that he turned around and made a champion out of, and much about his tenure as a backup quarterback for the old Houston Oilers. I was comparing the fan base issues in Europe to the fan base issues of UT, NOT that he did not have challenges in that failed NFL operation, which wasn't his fault, in my opinion. If it was soley based on being the head of a prize school's athletic department, yes Texas would be a premier job, but those who watched and lived that programs over running of every other college and university in the state of Texas based on the alumni(you just think the bitterness we had with Pitt was bad), the battles between Texas and Texas A&M were in and by themselves World War III, and The University of Houston was regularly treatment like a red headed step child. You see the football scores, read about stats and some minor information that Texas wants your to see, the alumni are hug you and stab you in the back kinda folks if you get to close to their territory, I've seen it, I've lived it, and Oliver Luck is TOO smart for it. Now that's my assessment, based on having been there. It wasn't all bad, but there is an underlying current of ill will when it comes to the UT faithful, especially when their roots are laid all the way to the Governor's office, time and time again.