• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Reaves is Todd from Wedding Crashers

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticing Reaves’ nerdy facial expressions during the Nuggets series led to drawing comparisons, so I googled “Austin Reaves Todd”. Came up with this…

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we really need a thread for this, Caine?

Sure, there is a likeness.

But, Reaves Gonna have panties, by the BOATLOAD, thrown at him.

Like Todd’s painting, Celebration, Reaves conquests will be sexual and violent.

So, I’m guessing he’s good with it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Madsen level moves right there, lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is trying to get views and followers. I hope he doesn't do this on his blog, people will start unfollowing him and putting him on their block list.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is trying to get views and followers. I hope he doesn't do this on his blog, people will start unfollowing him and putting him on their block list.
Guarantee that is happening

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn’t want to post this, because I got a real kick out of your Reaves analogy… Kudos on that.

But why is creating a thread a bad thing???

When I started on the CBS boards in 2007, it was the more new threads the better. Here in the 2020’s the culture is “the guy that creates the most threads is the guy that craves the most attention”.

So my question is, why did creating threads to generate new discussion suddenly become old school?

Seeking opinions from the pre-Decision CBS guys… @bksballer89 @ChrisperJ10 @logic

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t want to post this, because I got a real kick out of your Reaves analogy… Kudos on that.

When I started on the CBS boards in 2007, it was the more new threads the better. Here in the 2020’s the culture is “the guy that creates the most threads is the guy that craves the most attention”.

So my question is, why did creating threads to generate new discussion suddenly become old school?

Seeking opinions from the pre-Decision CBS guys… @bksballer89 @ChrisperJ10 @logic

Because some things are post worthy and some things are thread worthy.

Using Austin Reaves as the example...

If you started a thread talking about if this run of really good play that he has been on since last year is sustainable like Ginobili or more of a "flash in the pan" like "Linsanity"...that would be thread worthy. It would invite discussion that lasts a few pages.

A tweet saying/showing that he looks like some character from a movie or tv show is post worthy since it doesn't really invite discussion...just some emoji reactions and a couple of comments.

Last edited:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta agree with @trojanfan12 here @HurricaneDij39. It’s not about the quantity, but the quality. What you started this thread with should be an amusing post in a thread about Reaves, not something that starts discussion.
You used to post interesting insights and analysis, even if a little off from a lot of mainstream, but it seems you have gradually slipped into more biased posting about hating on the popular and mainstream instead of quality; and that is just attention grabbing. I understand that you have been the target of much abuse here, but the way to remedy that is not by making bad hate posts about their teams, it is to post quality, insightful material.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with @trojanfan12 here @HurricaneDij39. It’s not about the quantity, but the quality. What you started this thread with should be an amusing post in a thread about Reaves, not something that starts discussion.
You used to post interesting insights and analysis, even if a little off from a lot of mainstream, but it seems you have gradually slipped into more biased posting about hating on the popular and mainstream instead of quality; and that is just attention grabbing. I understand that you have been the target of much abuse here, but the way to remedy that is not by making bad hate posts about their teams, it is to post quality, insightful material.
I wasn’t even talking about this thread specifically, though.

Just take a quick glance on page one of this forum and observe the rough percentage of threads authored by yours truly… It’s obvious that this board generally doesn’t want new threads unless one frequents its camps inside the in-season or off-season mega threads.

I’m set to post my top 50 players in late September (been holding back for a Dame trade that probably won’t happen until February anyway), and the thread will likely be met with the same, tired “JV girls basketball” replies. I would say my critics for the blog are “misinformed”, but even that word would probably be giving them too much credit. They’re simply more or less likely just to make shit up about what I do with my blog…

Would like to see the CBS boards rise again. Not holding my breath, though. It would especially be nice to have a forum allowing others to tell hacks like Sam Quinn about the flaws in their analogy. And that’s probably why he blocked me - He found someone that frequently disagrees with him.