• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Love or Carmelo?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the new rule is u cant just trade for anyone. U have to match contracts. before u can trade your #1 pick for a player. It was easy to make trades before everything changed. This happen after the big 3. No team can do what Miami did anymore. That is a fact. Hence Lakers deal getting shot down.

I agree with the new rules and the cap Tax and Miami will take a big hit now but right now is un even. Think about all the teams we talked about Drafted their team. The nets made that trade with boston but had to give players back to match the salaries. Nets trade is the closest u can get to what the Miami did. Difference is they got players that are about to retire.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kevin love cant get his own shot? thats hilarious.

Why do you want a ball hog on this team? The offense stops when carmello gets the ball. it happened everywhere he went. Thibbs is not an offensive coach that will be able to figure this out.

As far as your teams cannot do what Miami did anymore, I dont know what rule you are talking about other than a luxury tax hit. What is the rule that a team with salary cap room cannot sign whoever they want until they reach the cap?

Kevin Love is Carlos Boozer with a a 3 point shot. He plays the same offensive game except he's a slightly better rebounder and has a three point shot. He'll most likely require penetration from D Rose in order to maximize his effect on the game through pick and roll/pop. He'll suck just as hard on defense as well. This leads to more stress on Rose's knees year in and year out.

Carmelo offers this team a second player that can go out and get his own shot. All he requires is D Rose to bring the ball up and pass it to Melo. We've also already got depth at PF with Taj and Mirotic coming over. Melo will be cheaper in terms of assets (picks and Mirotic). I honestly see several reasons to get Melo over K Love. There's a reason Noah is in Melos ear to come to Chicago and not Kevin Love's. I don't see any reason to bring love in. The only reason I could see Love coming to Chicago is the same way Boozer got here. The front office swings and misses on the real FAs that could help this team and comes up with plan B in order to not get fired and please the fans. He wouldn't make this team significantly better than Boozer does, and well be exhausting all of our future prospects and maybe even a good young player (butler or taj) in order to bring him here. I think it's an obvious decision myself. Getting K Love over Melo makes absolutely no sense to me.

And this is coming from someone who wanted the Bulls to draft K Love if they didn't win the D Rose sweepstakes. And I took a lot of flak for that because everyone said he was too slow and unathletic.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a true scorer like melo is. We need another scorer that can create his own shot off the dribble. Gives us insurance if Rose gets hurt. With Love and Rose gets hurt we are in the same boat as this year. We make the playoffs but have no one to carry us.

26 points per game is not a true scorer?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the new rule is u cant just trade for anyone. U have to match contracts. before u can trade your #1 pick for a player. It was easy to make trades before everything changed. This happen after the big 3. No team can do what Miami did anymore. That is a fact. Hence Lakers deal getting shot down.

I agree with the new rules and the cap Tax and Miami will take a big hit now but right now is un even. Think about all the teams we talked about Drafted their team. The nets made that trade with boston but had to give players back to match the salaries. Nets trade is the closest u can get to what the Miami did. Difference is they got players that are about to retire.

I cant find anything about an official rule where a team is only allowed to sign one free agent per season. If you have cap space you can sign whoever you want. You bring up the pierce and garnet trade as your point in this? Neither pierce or garnet was a free agent. They were under contract, which is why they had to match dollars and part of those dollars were the value of first round picks in 2014, 2016, 2018 and the right to switch first round picks in 2017. The players they received did not match dollars, it included the value of three first round draft picks.

Teams are allowed to move one player for draft compensation like the bulls traded hinrich when he had 17 million remaining on his deal. Kevin Love has 15.7 remaining on his current deal.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant find anything about an official rule where a team is only allowed to sign one free agent per season. If you have cap space you can sign whoever you want. You bring up the pierce and garnet trade as your point in this? Neither pierce or garnet was a free agent. They were under contract, which is why they had to match dollars and part of those dollars were the value of first round picks in 2014, 2016, 2018 and the right to switch first round picks in 2017. The players they received did not match dollars, it included the value of three first round draft picks.

Teams are allowed to move one player for draft compensation like the bulls traded hinrich when he had 17 million remaining on his deal. Kevin Love has 15.7 remaining on his current deal.

If that was a rule it would be a stupid one.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should explain why melo is a better fit on the bulls.
Carmelo Anthony: Chicago Bulls should choose 'melo over Kevin Love

Just trying to use my own judgement not a bloggy type writer. Why do we want Carmello to be "the man". I thought we had "the man" in rose and are looking for the complimentary player for him. Boozer clogs up the middle and shoots rainbow 15 foot fade aways and never played well with rose.

As far as gibson being a starter, yes, he played well in stretches as a starter, he plays better always off the bench. Thats important for this team, with no true backup center, there is no reason Gibson cannot be the backup PF and Center.

I would like nothing more than someone to convince Thibbs to leave and getting a different coach that could handle carmello and his role on this team. I just dont believe Carmello is coming here, even if one of the most hated players in the league is courting him to come here. I just dont believe it is gonna happen with carmello and the only chance to get a true player is trading for love, who says he wants to be here.

Its gonna be tough to beat some of these rumors, so pretty sure love is off the table anyway. If cleveland in fact is considering offering the #1 overall and the warriors are offering a stout lineup.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to use my own judgement not a bloggy type writer. Why do we want Carmello to be "the man". I thought we had "the man" in rose and are looking for the complimentary player for him. Boozer clogs up the middle and shoots rainbow 15 foot fade aways and never played well with rose.

As far as gibson being a starter, yes, he played well in stretches as a starter, he plays better always off the bench. Thats important for this team, with no true backup center, there is no reason Gibson cannot be the backup PF and Center.

I would like nothing more than someone to convince Thibbs to leave and getting a different coach that could handle carmello and his role on this team. I just dont believe Carmello is coming here, even if one of the most hated players in the league is courting him to come here. I just dont believe it is gonna happen with carmello and the only chance to get a true player is trading for love, who says he wants to be here.

Its gonna be tough to beat some of these rumors, so pretty sure love is off the table anyway. If cleveland in fact is considering offering the #1 overall and the warriors are offering a stout lineup.

We don't know if Rose will be the man. So I rather sign Melo and if we need him to be the man then he can step in and be that. Don't get me wrong Love is a great player but I want a pure scorer on this team. Miami has 2 with Wade and LBJ, Indiana has Stevenson and George, OKC has KD and Westbrook. I want Rose and melo.

Either way I would be happy with either. Lets just hope we make a move.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me its more of knowing there is gonna be disappointment when the bulls do not get carmello, james or wade again. Trading gets us a great player. So I think its more of being pretty damn sure carmello is not gonna come here over giving up picks that are gonna ride the bench. I like Taj attacking the rim down low, but really dont know if he holds up as a starter. He can go from really nice bench player to another hole to fill really quickly.

I mean the serious need here is a 2. Jimmy Buckets can play and defend anyone at the 3. I really think he belongs there. When we thought there was a chance to get Aldridge, nobody thought we cant move Gibson for him. Now we cant move Gibson for an all star who spreads the floor.

I really dont know what they are waiting for, the Warriors deal is pretty damn good, Cleveland might give up the top pick, I dont think the bulls have much of a chance anymore. When it was only Golden state and the bulls, I thought we had a shot, now LA, Boston, Cleveland all have so much more to offer.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me its more of knowing there is gonna be disappointment when the bulls do not get carmello, james or wade again. Trading gets us a great player. So I think its more of being pretty damn sure carmello is not gonna come here over giving up picks that are gonna ride the bench. I like Taj attacking the rim down low, but really dont know if he holds up as a starter. He can go from really nice bench player to another hole to fill really quickly.

I mean the serious need here is a 2. Jimmy Buckets can play and defend anyone at the 3. I really think he belongs there. When we thought there was a chance to get Aldridge, nobody thought we cant move Gibson for him. Now we cant move Gibson for an all star who spreads the floor.

I really dont know what they are waiting for, the Warriors deal is pretty damn good, Cleveland might give up the top pick, I dont think the bulls have much of a chance anymore. When it was only Golden state and the bulls, I thought we had a shot, now LA, Boston, Cleveland all have so much more to offer.

:agree:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is a better player than Carmelo, but Melo will make the Bulls a lot better, while Love is only an incremental improvement.

The reason I say that is because you already have one of the best frontlines in the NBA with Noah and Gibson. The PF position is a current strength for the Bulls, while the wing is a black hole. Love is much better than Gibson offensively, but not as good defensively. If the Bulls traded for Love, they would almost certainly have to give up Gibson and they would still have a gaping hole on the wing.

Enter Melo.

Sure, Melo doesn't play much D and he doesn't make others better, but he is a truly elite scorer. It is less important to have a plus defender on the wing than it is in the paint, and because you already have Noah and Gibson anchoring the defense, Melo will not hurt too badly there. Thibs will NOT have Melo on the bench in the 4th a la Boozer.

Signing Melo and getting rid of Boozer gives the Bulls this starting 5:

Rose
Butler
Melo
Gibson
Noah

That is much, much better than the following:

Rose
Butler
Dunleavy,
Love
Noah

The first group is a leading contender, while the second really is not unless Rose plays at an MVP level.

Would you rather start Melo and Gibson, or Love and Dunleavy?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talk Bulls can go all in and get both. I don't like it because you would blow up the whole team up and have no role players. Bulls would still have Rose and Noah but would lose everyone else.

Just give me 1 and Im happy. I agree We already have Gibson so getting Love wouldn't be a big improvement. Getting Melo changes everything.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is a better player than Carmelo, but Melo will make the Bulls a lot better, while Love is only an incremental improvement.

The reason I say that is because you already have one of the best frontlines in the NBA with Noah and Gibson. The PF position is a current strength for the Bulls, while the wing is a black hole. Love is much better than Gibson offensively, but not as good defensively. If the Bulls traded for Love, they would almost certainly have to give up Gibson and they would still have a gaping hole on the wing.

Enter Melo.

Sure, Melo doesn't play much D and he doesn't make others better, but he is a truly elite scorer. It is less important to have a plus defender on the wing than it is in the paint, and because you already have Noah and Gibson anchoring the defense, Melo will not hurt too badly there. Thibs will NOT have Melo on the bench in the 4th a la Boozer.

Signing Melo and getting rid of Boozer gives the Bulls this starting 5:

Rose
Butler
Melo
Gibson
Noah

That is much, much better than the following:

Rose
Butler
Dunleavy,
Love
Noah

The first group is a leading contender, while the second really is not unless Rose plays at an MVP level.

Would you rather start Melo and Gibson, or Love and Dunleavy?

Agree Love is a better all around player, but dont agree that Gibson and Noah are one of the best front lines in the game. Sorry, but that noah being the best center in the east when howard went to the west just wore me down. Nobody could name 5 centers in the east anymore so by default he was top 5. They played Brooklyn with a healthy Lopez and he was dominated. His passing game is great for a big man, but front line mean two guys that can score on the block. Noahs driving hooks going away from the rim and no low post moves dont make him an average front line player.

I dont expect Dunleavy to make it to next year, if he does, I expect him to fill the role he was signed to play, off the bench, 20 minutes a game to knock down shots against the other teams bench players. this is where I saw problems with Garpax and thibbs again. There was no reason Butler should have not been the starter at the 3 when Deng was traded. It was a piss and moan move by Thibbs losing Deng. Someone is gonna sign Augustin because he cannot afford to wait to see what the bulls do and how little money is left for him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is we need one of them to beat the heat. A lineup of
Noah
Love
Butler
FA
Rose

;or

Noah
Gibson
Melo
Butler
Rose

is better then Miami.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo but would be extremely happy with either

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls made the offer to minnesota, no specifics, so at least they are trying to posture themselves for a draft day deal. Boston has the 6 and 17 picks in this years draft, sounds like they are only talking the 17 pick and then all those first rounders they end up with from various teams from the pierce garnett trades.

I would be fine giving up the picks, the mirotic rights, the deng pick, I think minny would help us immensely if they took Boozer for the cap space after next season, but who wants to play in minny?

I still take Love over Melo if we can keep gibson as the backup 4/5 because I dont really think Gibson is a starter caliber for an entire year. But if it takes Butler or Gibson, I hope they walk away. Minnesota wants to build their team, Mirotic with Rubio and more first rounders sounds like a pretty quick rebuild.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word is Bulls made an offer for Love and Minn likes it. I hope we didn't trade everyone. If I had to guess it will look like Gibson, Boozer(Big Expiring contract), this years 2 draft picks and maybe Snell.

I just hope its not Gibson and Butler.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the score said that boozer will have to be in the deal for it to work out money wise

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is we need one of them to beat the heat. A lineup of
Noah
Love
Butler
FA
Rose

;or

Noah
Gibson
Melo
Butler
Rose

is better then Miami.

I disagree. Love is Boozer with a three point shot. Seriously, if boozer were to join the crappy team love came from, he would be near an all star (near since the west has such a deep player pool.) love sucks at defense just as much as boozer and cannot create his own shot. If the bulls get Love I seriously hope it is a second option. Taj should be a starter that can produce better than boozer and really deserves it. Getting Melo makes this team a contender even if Rose goes down to injury. Getting Love makes us a contender MAYBE if love, Noah, and Rose stay healthy. Even then, I'd take the heat over us.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the score said that boozer will have to be in the deal for it to work out money wise

They have known to be wrong. Like I said, Love is on the books for 15.7, Boozer 16.8 next year. If dollars need to match, we need to get more back. Its not gonna happen like that. I highly doubt minnesota is gonna give us more than love back to get our first round picks.

Draft day deal, the picks will go for Love, no dollars need to match.