• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Love or Carmelo?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you want the Bulls to go after. In my opinion I would go Carmelo just because he is a FA. Love would cost us more because we would have to trade for him. Love is younger but I think Bulls needs another scorer to play along side Rose and insurance in case Rose goes down again. Anthony can carry a team.

I just hope the Bulls make a move to improve this team.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they need to do something. The only thing i don't like about Melo is that he can be a ball hog. I love Love's talents. I wouldn't mind having either on the team. I rather Love, but for only the right price.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am almost at anyone but carmelo. If he does not play defense will he be sitting in the fourth quarter. We have an opportunity to trade for love without losing Gibson or Noah. Minny wants a high draft pick, we can give them both our first rounders, let them trade that to a lottery team if they want. Get love and let Melo stay in new york, I highly doubt lala is gonna let him go anywhere. Our motto seems to be let the draft picks sit and watch year one anyway and their last two years of waking up Augustin and Robinson to be starter capable veterans for the cheap sure seems like a way to go.

If the two firsts are not enough, offer the first in 2016 or the rights to Mirotic if Love signs an extension. The choices were chicago and washington, so I highly doubt he is gonna be whining to be traded to LA or NY anytime soon.

Minny wants to rebuild with a high pick, they might even want boozer as an expiring, but it should not take the real talent we have on this team in Rose, Gibson, Butler or Noah. The sign and trade to NY for Melo is gonna cost some of them.

CArmelo is not gonna just be signed by anyone, in order to get him that extra 30 million he can get from new york, new york needs to sign him and then trade him. That is gonna cost butler, gibson or noah.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Love I just think he would cost to much for us plus we will have to sign him to a max deal after trading for him. So if we get love we lose 2 draft picks and a player plus more money then what Carmelo would cost. With Carmelo we keep out 1st rd picks plus less money and years that love would get.

Like I said before we need an upgrade if we want to win now. I also like Melo more because he can carry this team if Rose goes down.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Love I just think he would cost to much for us plus we will have to sign him to a max deal after trading for him. So if we get love we lose 2 draft picks and a player plus more money then what Carmelo would cost. With Carmelo we keep out 1st rd picks plus less money and years that love would get.

Like I said before we need an upgrade if we want to win now. I also like Melo more because he can carry this team if Rose goes down.

Where do you get less money with Carmelo?

carmelo.jpg

This is the scenario, this is why its a sign and trade deal for anyone that gets him. He gets the extra 30 million fifth year when he signs with new york, which is why they want the sign and trade. That fifth year is important for these guys expecting to get hurt and not be playing as well so he doesnt have to take an 8 million dollar deal in 5 years. This is because he is currently on a max deal with is current club.

With Lebron, this is the table

lebron.jpg

This is because he is currently in a less than max deal he took to play with his friends.

kevins is a real complicated deal, but basically

Opt out, re-sign $18,975,014 $20,398,140 $21,821,266 $23,244,392 $24,667,518
sign elsewhere $18,975,014 $19,828,889 $20,682,765 $21,536,640

He would be making 15.7 next season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less money then love because if we traded for Love we would have to give a MAX deal. His max deal would be worth more then Carmelo because he would be on the Bulls already. Knicks can offer more because Melo is on the team already. That's why a lot of people think he wouldn't leave that money on the table. Also throw in the cost of the trade of our 1st rd picks and either Gibson or Butler.

So Love would cost more money and players to land him over Melo.

If I am wrong please let me know what Im missing. Thanks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get less money with Carmelo?

carmelo.jpg

This is the scenario, this is why its a sign and trade deal for anyone that gets him. He gets the extra 30 million fifth year when he signs with new york, which is why they want the sign and trade. That fifth year is important for these guys expecting to get hurt and not be playing as well so he doesnt have to take an 8 million dollar deal in 5 years. This is because he is currently on a max deal with is current club.

With Lebron, this is the table

lebron.jpg

This is because he is currently in a less than max deal he took to play with his friends.

kevins is a real complicated deal, but basically

Opt out, re-sign $18,975,014 $20,398,140 $21,821,266 $23,244,392 $24,667,518
sign elsewhere $18,975,014 $19,828,889 $20,682,765 $21,536,640

He would be making 15.7 next season.

Ok u are saying if its a sign and trade with the Knicks I got you. Im talking about if we sign Melo through Free Agency. No sign and trade. Only way we do a sign and trade is if the Knicks take Boozer.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less money then love because if we traded for Love we would have to give a MAX deal. His max deal would be worth more then Carmelo because he would be on the Bulls already. Knicks can offer more because Melo is on the team already. That's why a lot of people think he wouldn't leave that money on the table. Also throw in the cost of the trade of our 1st rd picks and either Gibson or Butler.

So Love would cost more money and players to land him over Melo.

If I am wrong please let me know what Im missing. Thanks.

First off, trading for love under contract will only be this year at 15.7. Since Kevin Love never received a max contract, his dollars per year will be lower. Carmello already got a max extension from Denver, then pouted til they dealt him. Once a pouter, always a pouter with this opt out after he got to go where he asked. I cant see carmello being happy anywhere for 5 years.

Even Toronto and Cleveland worked out signs and trades after the decision. These players want to go where they want, but then force the hand of the owners to sign them for the most money. the team losing the player does not care since they are just loading up the cap for the team that is getting their guy, and end up getting picks so they are not losing him for nothing. So Carmello will not just sign somewhere and leave the millions per year per the chart and that fifth year on the table. It hasnt happened in years, I doubt it happens now. If a player wants to play in chicago, it shouldnt even take a max deal. Its not needing to sign Love to a max deal after whoever gets him, its dependent on him signing an extension so he does not bail like howard in la.

The knicks wont want boozer to play for them, they want that expiring 16 million dollar contract so they can start building again. Not really sure they would help out reinsdork that much, since its amnesty and paying him 16 million for doing nothing. But the point you bring up with boozer, thats what happened to us last time around. Didnt get james, wade or bosh, the money was burning a hole in garpax pocket, went for boozer. I highly doubt carmello comes here, so that leaves us with dollars to spend again and our guy isnt coming. At least an inexpensive trade with the wolves, without losing any core, just picks that have not really produced anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only bad thing about the NBA. They pick where they want to go. In no other spots players can force a trade and pick the spot. Yes players in other sports have no trade clause and can decline certain spots but they usually have a list of teams they would say yes to. Basketball its like trade me here or this place and that's it. That's why NBA is watered down because a lot of these teams have 3 stars on 1 team. Heat killed basketball.

Oh by the way Heat are lucky they have Wade because he is carrying that team. LBJ just hanging out. Pacers blew it last night. Should won that game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, they have a rested wade. He only played 54 games due to the team decision to not even play him in 27 games this year.

The heat killed basketball, but they also saved it. Either of those three would have gotten max deals, none of them did. Dwight howard chose to leave money and go to houston. The ones we think are greedy are actually playing for less than they could be getting.

Mind you, I think anyone with a multi hundred million shoe deal should be playing for free, but the decision to go to miami cost lebron close to 40 million. He will opt out of his deal and might even resign with the heat, but these team friendly pricing is gonna be gone. If Bosh chooses to opt out too expecting the payday, it might be the big 2 in miami. But miami can do just about anything they want. Just about everyones salary comes off the books at the end of the year. They can make a run at love and carmello too, just dont have any picks to really woo the wolves. Now that LA only got the #7, they might choose to offer that for Love.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, they have a rested wade. He only played 54 games due to the team decision to not even play him in 27 games this year.

The heat killed basketball, but they also saved it. Either of those three would have gotten max deals, none of them did. Dwight howard chose to leave money and go to houston. The ones we think are greedy are actually playing for less than they could be getting.

Mind you, I think anyone with a multi hundred million shoe deal should be playing for free, but the decision to go to miami cost lebron close to 40 million. He will opt out of his deal and might even resign with the heat, but these team friendly pricing is gonna be gone. If Bosh chooses to opt out too expecting the payday, it might be the big 2 in miami. But miami can do just about anything they want. Just about everyones salary comes off the books at the end of the year. They can make a run at love and carmello too, just dont have any picks to really woo the wolves. Now that LA only got the #7, they might choose to offer that for Love.

They are close to max. Its not like they turned down a lot of money. LBJ makes 19 million a year. All 3 are in the Top 10. They all make 19 million. Bosh and LBJ turned down 2 million a year less. Wade turned 3 million a year.

Overall it killed Basketball. I would never put LBJ as one of my greats. Great players get players to come to them and lead their team to a championship. In my Eyes Wade will always be the better one. He has more rings and he was the captain of the ship to make it all happen.

Don't get me wrong James is very very talented but I would never put him in my top 5 or ahead of Wade.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus throw in the way the NBA fixed it for LBJ. Miami is the only team to spend that kind of money. 3 players at 19 million. Once the big 3 happen they made that new rule change so no other team could do what Miami did. So no team is playing on the same playing field as Miami. Teams that fight it with Miami have built through the draft OKC, Spurs, Bulls(when healthy) and Pacers.

The whole Miami think was a fix to get LBJ a ring and that's why the NBA is a joke sometimes. Throw in how the Refs just suck and it always looks like the fix the game. I understand its hard to judge but they need to do a better job.

Example: U let teams play physical 1 night and don't call too many touch fouls and the next night u call every touch foul. Be consistent. Also change flop fouls to Techs. That will stop all this flopping No offense Wade, LBJ and shane flop more then almost every player in the league. Paul pierce flops a lot to.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are changing the luxury tax for repeat offenders, but Miami is not the highest payroll team out there, they are 20 million behind Brooklyn and 8 million behind new york. I heard something about brooklyn with their amnesty and tax their owner is gonna pay 182 million this season. Pat Riley sold these three players that the owner will not worry about going over the cap. You need to realize that Miami used to put tarps over the second deck seats, thats how bad attendance was. Now they sell out ever night. If the new rules get approved, Miami will have a 48 million luxury tax bill instead of the almost 15 million they have now. Part of the way the deals are structured with this opt out is because the team can pay their own free agents more to keep them. I dont know how much longer Wade is gonna play, but I can see the big two next year. Right now the big three get 61.9 million, the 5 others that make their rotation make 14.9 combined. 10,000 paid customers to 41 games to keep them I think they find a way.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo hands down. Love is a nice player, but he is basically an improved version of Carlos boozer. He may be a little better and have the ability to shoot the three, but he sucks just as hard on defense, and it's because he is very slow.

Melo has shot a lot where he went, but a lot of those shots come after the offense has passed the ball around and can't find anything so they give it to melo to find his own shot. Melo is a scorer that can create his own shot at a position we currently lack an NBA starter at. I believe he has the capability to play defense more so than Love. We also have taj and mirotic who could be a very good of tandem. I'm not even sure I'd go after love if melo goes elsewhere.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are changing the luxury tax for repeat offenders, but Miami is not the highest payroll team out there, they are 20 million behind Brooklyn and 8 million behind new york. I heard something about brooklyn with their amnesty and tax their owner is gonna pay 182 million this season. Pat Riley sold these three players that the owner will not worry about going over the cap. You need to realize that Miami used to put tarps over the second deck seats, thats how bad attendance was. Now they sell out ever night. If the new rules get approved, Miami will have a 48 million luxury tax bill instead of the almost 15 million they have now. Part of the way the deals are structured with this opt out is because the team can pay their own free agents more to keep them. I dont know how much longer Wade is gonna play, but I can see the big two next year. Right now the big three get 61.9 million, the 5 others that make their rotation make 14.9 combined. 10,000 paid customers to 41 games to keep them I think they find a way.

My argument is NBA fixed LBJ getting a ring. U cant do what Miami did anymore. Its not allowed. Both NY teams are paying from past contracts and some bad ones now. In todays basketball once they made those rule changes every team got screwed because Miami has an advantage. Its an uneven field. It sucks. Remember Lakers tried to do what Miami did with paul and it got rejected.

I do agree Bosh will be gone soon. Making way too much for an little above avg player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo hands down. Love is a nice player, but he is basically an improved version of Carlos boozer. He may be a little better and have the ability to shoot the three, but he sucks just as hard on defense, and it's because he is very slow.

Melo has shot a lot where he went, but a lot of those shots come after the offense has passed the ball around and can't find anything so they give it to melo to find his own shot. Melo is a scorer that can create his own shot at a position we currently lack an NBA starter at. I believe he has the capability to play defense more so than Love. We also have taj and mirotic who could be a very good of tandem. I'm not even sure I'd go after love if melo goes elsewhere.

I also believe Melo would buy into Thibs play. Melo comes to the Bulls, the Bulls are better then the Heat. Imagine this line up

PG: Rose
SG:Butler
SF:Melo
PF:Gibson
C: Noah

That is scary. The Bulls would also be able to play small with Melo at the 4 when teams go small. Bulls need another scorer(a guy that can create his own shot). Love is not that guy. Need someone to take pressure off of Rose. Heat have 3 players that can bring the ball up(LBJ,Wade and Mario).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but if u had to pick who do u go after?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also believe Melo would buy into Thibs play. Melo comes to the Bulls, the Bulls are better then the Heat. Imagine this line up

PG: Rose
SG:Butler
SF:Melo
PF:Gibson
C: Noah

That is scary. The Bulls would also be able to play small with Melo at the 4 when teams go small. Bulls need another scorer(a guy that can create his own shot). Love is not that guy. Need someone to take pressure off of Rose. Heat have 3 players that can bring the ball up(LBJ,Wade and Mario).

kevin love cant get his own shot? thats hilarious.

Why do you want a ball hog on this team? The offense stops when carmello gets the ball. it happened everywhere he went. Thibbs is not an offensive coach that will be able to figure this out.

As far as your teams cannot do what Miami did anymore, I dont know what rule you are talking about other than a luxury tax hit. What is the rule that a team with salary cap room cannot sign whoever they want until they reach the cap?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kevin love cant get his own shot? thats hilarious.

Why do you want a ball hog on this team? The offense stops when carmello gets the ball. it happened everywhere he went. Thibbs is not an offensive coach that will be able to figure this out.

As far as your teams cannot do what Miami did anymore, I dont know what rule you are talking about other than a luxury tax hit. What is the rule that a team with salary cap room cannot sign whoever they want until they reach the cap?

He isn't a true scorer like melo is. We need another scorer that can create his own shot off the dribble. Gives us insurance if Rose gets hurt. With Love and Rose gets hurt we are in the same boat as this year. We make the playoffs but have no one to carry us.