• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOUDEST CFB Stadiums

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to believe Oregon is that loud with 45k people or whatever. I'm sure the acoustics make it surprisingly loud for its size... but louder than the Shoe, Camp Randall, Bryant-Denny, the Swamp, etc? No way.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really didn't think the Shoe was very loud

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From your article
"the crowd jumping up and down during the Virginia Tech-Miami college football game registered as an earthquake at three moments during the game. The seismograph is located 1km away from the stadium."

So yeah another school has done it. so makes the LSU thing even less impressive. Note the states the jumping caused it, not the noise.

tumblr_mefezgADKP1rhfv87o1_500.jpg

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either

It actually isn't, but if you say that tOSU fans will take it personally because I think people often confuse success and rabid fans with loud.

The reason LSU is loud is the design of the stadium... it holds all the noise in.

The Shoe is not designed the same way and noise can escape much easier than other stadiums.

Florida is the same way, when you walk in you are above the 1st section.. the Field is under ground and you have a full circle of seats to hold the noise in.

So it is nothing personal against other teams.. but stadium designs are 90% of the factor and fans are about 10% in the end (assuming they are packed and fans are excited about their team).

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to believe Oregon is that loud with 45k people or whatever. I'm sure the acoustics make it surprisingly loud for its size... but louder than the Shoe, Camp Randall, Bryant-Denny, the Swamp, etc? No way.

OK.. I go to all the Duck games and Oregon puts in 60K for every game 1st off. Not 45k... Dont be disrespectful...

tumblr_mgmmzpAn5T1rf011lo1_500.jpg

And I have been to Madison for a football game in 1999 or 2000, been to Denney, been to Swamp.

The only one of these close to Autzen is the Swamp. When you get to a certain threshold of loud does it matter?

LSU, FLA, Oregon, Washington are in a league of their own. The debate starts after those 4... Havent been to aTm but from what I have heard they are in the list of the 4 above.

As far as teams that travel well... I think the B1G has that on lock. Were you at the Rose Bowl? Wisconsin had nearly 2/3 of the Rose Bowl filled while the other 1/3 were Duck fans.

I put Nebraska, Wisky, tOSU, Iowa, as the fan bases that travel best. From what I have seen... Looking forward to see how Tennessee travels when they come to Autzen this September....

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually isn't, but if you say that tOSU fans will take it personally because I think people often confuse success and rabid fans with loud.

The reason LSU is loud is the design of the stadium... it holds all the noise in.

The Shoe is not designed the same way and noise can escape much easier than other stadiums.

Florida is the same way, when you walk in you are above the 1st section.. the Field is under ground and you have a full circle of seats to hold the noise in.

So it is nothing personal against other teams.. but stadium designs are 90% of the factor and fans are about 10% in the end (assuming they are packed and fans are excited about their team).

SEC Official is right, it is the design. Compared to others the Shoe is not as loud. I was surprised at the Big House and with over 100k it was not loud at all, comparibly. But they have made some mods since I have been there to help keep sound in the stadium.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^This^^^:agree:

Autzen is essentially underground. It appears they found a hill and dug a big bowl into it and out the seats literally right on the field. My tix are on the goalline front row sec 26 row 6 (which is in front row) SEATS 1 N 2. I could spit into the endzone w/out much effort...

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put Nebraska, Wisky, tOSU, Iowa, as the fan bases that travel best. From what I have seen... Looking forward to see how Tennessee travels when they come to Autzen this September....

Heck, right now, the Vols won't even travel from Knoxville to Nashville to watch their team lose to Vandy.

:laugh3:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, right now, the Vols won't even travel from Knoxville to Nashville to watch their team lose to Vandy.

:laugh3:

Ya I kinda figured it might be that way. I like their fans quite a bit. Was hopin they would come in force and bring some of those southern bells.

That way we could beat their football team, drink their beer, and take their women....:suds::yahoo::laugh3:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey in no way am I arguing Buckeye fan base vs Oregon. I know the Bucs and most of the B1G has way bigger and passionate fan base than anything out west. That isnt close.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still ahead of Penn St :dance:

...Even though Bleacher Report is shit

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That 2010 Rose Bowl vs Ohio State. The Bucs hogged all the seats man... Had scalpers driving up the price to $200 + for Duck fans...:lame:

Never seen that big of an exodus to a Bowl game... Followed closely by Wisky at same venue... Very close...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From your article
"the crowd jumping up and down during the Virginia Tech-Miami college football game registered as an earthquake at three moments during the game. The seismograph is located 1km away from the stadium."

So yeah another school has done it. so makes the LSU thing even less impressive. Note the states the jumping caused it, not the noise.

To think the LSU crowd registered their earthquake sitting on their hands screaming is naive. We all know on that play the entire crowd jumped to their feet and were going nuts jumping up and down.