• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings at New York Islanders 11/14/13 | 7:00pm

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With you on this one for sure, not sold on him re-signing. I love it when he brings it, but when I look at say Richards and his heart, I see more of a captain there. Oh well, what's done is done

I don't question Brown's heart, I think he is a King thick and thin. The problem is I question his desire and drive, which seems to come and go.

In his early years he was tireless, he would go out and crush anyone. The lockout year in Manchester really developed his game and he was producing and hitting. Then he hit a lull of sorts, I want to say about 3 years ago, which ultimately led to the rumors of him being traded. It took something of that magnitude to wake him up and he was an absolute beast the last half of 2011-12 and throughout the playoffs.

Then last year rolls around and he seemed to have returned to that same lazy type of personality. It wasn't consistent, and that's what I am seeing this season too. He has been a non-factor most nights. I at least see the effort from Williams and Kopitar, even if they aren't lighting it up, but I don't see that from Brown.

Regarding the captaincy, I think when Brown received it he had earned it because he had established himself as a hitter, difference maker and produced. Since he has been captain though the other intangibles have come forward and I think Richards is next in line for that honor.