• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lord Farquhar Back Down...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move... Jones wasn't too bad last season... Solid option compared to what we have right now at LF...

Ya I actually wrote last week how my wife thought thy needed his speed back on the team. We need to get faster overall and he would be step one. When Marte heals, that would be step two with step 3 moving Miller to LF mixing him, Smith, Morrison, Cruz, and Trumbo into 4 positions.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is probably the fastest guy in the Mariners organization right now. His 27 SB in 108 games last year are the equivalent of 41 over a 162 game season. Not to mention he was only caught stealing once.

His dWAR was negative, but I have to assume when you have a guy with this kind of athletic ability, he will improve.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is probably the fastest guy in the Mariners organization right now. His 27 SB in 108 games last year are the equivalent of 41 over a 162 game season. Not to mention he was only caught stealing once.

His dWAR was negative, but I have to assume when you have a guy with this kind of athletic ability, he will improve.

I like to look at what he gives you and not what he takes away from you since he is a role player and not a main player. He gives us a speed threat on the bases late in games and his defense isn't any worse than what w throw out there on a regular basis anyways. This is a good bench move if it ends up being the move. I would still like replacing Ackley with Revere to gain even more team speed.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to look at what he gives you and not what he takes away from you since he is a role player and not a main player. He gives us a speed threat on the bases late in games and his defense isn't any worse than what w throw out there on a regular basis anyways. This is a good bench move if it ends up being the move. I would still like replacing Ackley with Revere to gain even more team speed.

He would be basically be replacing weeks and his D is better than weeks. So i look at it as an upgrade.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be basically be replacing weeks and his D is better than weeks. So i look at it as an upgrade.

Definite upgrade and I think people don't give enough credit to what his late innings base running gives them. It was huge late last year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definite upgrade and I think people don't give enough credit to what his late innings base running gives them. It was huge late last year.

Agreed... I like the fact that we have a legit PR in games he doesn't start... Problem is getting him the opportunity to PH... They guys he'll be PH for don't get on base...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially in close games.

I know I know we don't play close games anymore. We just get shutout by 13.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... I like the fact that we have a legit PR in games he doesn't start... Problem is getting him the opportunity to PH... They guys he'll be PH for don't get on base...

Meant to say, the guys he'll be PR for...

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys, this is the M's we're talking about. They'll call up Montero, and move Morrison to LF because who needs base running or defense.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. He gives the Mariners something we don't currently have. Adding Revere as a regular and Jones as a late game replacement to the roster could add a lot more than meets the eye.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys, this is the M's we're talking about. They'll call up Montero, and move Morrison to LF because who needs base running or defense.

If Montero was called up, I doubt the Mariners would put Morrison in the OF.

With James Jones on the roster now, you have Nelson Cruz, Seth Smith, Austin Jackson, Mark Trumbo and Dustin Ackley in the OF.

Plus, I'm not sure what Morrison's dWAR is, but I really like what I've seen from him defensively. Seldom see him make a mistake and usually see him make some really good plays at 1B. I can't imagine that Montero is nearly as good as Morrison defensively at 1B.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Montero was called up, I doubt the Mariners would put Morrison in the OF.

With James Jones on the roster now, you have Nelson Cruz, Seth Smith, Austin Jackson, Mark Trumbo and Dustin Ackley in the OF.

Plus, I'm not sure what Morrison's dWAR is, but I really like what I've seen from him defensively. Seldom see him make a mistake and usually see him make some really good plays at 1B. I can't imagine that Montero is nearly as good as Morrison defensively at 1B.
I was saying that cause I was going with the idea that they would go with Montero instead of Jones. They haven't seemed to care about defense for a couple years now.