• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

looks like we'll only be getting yankee teams in the Big 12

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville, West Virginia, BYU? seriously? :doh:

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though they're yankee, I would prefer Boise over West Virginia

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though they're yankee, I would prefer Boise over West Virginia

Why?

They play in a HS stadium, and if they ever have a poor season, or go back to sucking, what do they bring to the conference? AB SO LUTE LY NOTHING

NOBODY wants Boise for quite a few reasons.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to see a HS stadium see Idaho's

we are expanding our stadium to 53,000 that's bigger than the stadiums of quite a few teams in the Big 12.

we sucked in 2007 and none of our fans disappeared then.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to see a HS stadium see Idaho's

we are expanding our stadium to 53,000 that's bigger than the stadiums of quite a few teams in the Big 12.

we sucked in 2007 and none of our fans disappeared then.

It's not about your fans. It's about the fact you bring no revenue to the conference, every other sport sucks, and you don't have a great academic reputation.

Being good in football for a few years doesn't mean much if that's all you offer to a conference. Because once football is on the decline, you become a money pit. Conferences are only looking to add schools that increase the per share amount each school gets, and BSU would most definitely decrease that number.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about your fans. It's about the fact you bring no revenue to the conference, every other sport sucks, and you don't have a great academic reputation.

Being good in football for a few years doesn't mean much if that's all you offer to a conference. Because once football is on the decline, you become a money pit. Conferences are only looking to add schools that increase the per share amount each school gets, and BSU would most definitely decrease that number.

we've got a basketball program that's on the rise too, we've been adding money to that as well.

academics aren't great but it's not great for a lot of schools in the Big 12, except Baylor of course.

been good at football for awile now, not just a few years and we keep getting better.

as we keep getting better our fanbase will continue to grow, we're already transforming Boise and the area around it into a football town.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem with Boise is they are located in Idaho. Other than that they are absofuckinglutely wonderful in terms of expansion as far as I'm concerned.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise fans never get it. Conference commissioners do. That's why they can't get any invites. Its going to take a while to overcome those obstacles.

Nobody is going to watch BSU playing Baylor. BSU is not a revenue generator, and that's not something you can change overnight. They may get there eventually, but it's going to take time. BSU is only a draw in Idaho, and bowl games due to curiosity.

Huetrang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re:

Personally, I honestly think Korver was at best the 9th best player on the team last year, and I don't feel he may have only been the 11th best after Watson and Bogans. All of these guys were better:

Noah
Asik
Kurt
Boozer
Taj
Deng
Brewer
Rose

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ya want to be yankee free why not get your old SWC buddies back in the mix? They would love it.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise fans never get it. Conference commissioners do. That's why they can't get any invites. Its going to take a while to overcome those obstacles.

Nobody is going to watch BSU playing Baylor. BSU is not a revenue generator, and that's not something you can change overnight. They may get there eventually, but it's going to take time. BSU is only a draw in Idaho, and bowl games due to curiosity.

are you sure about that, we bring in massive draws each time we play because everyone's curious if we will lose

if we were in a AQ conference everyone would tune in to see how we would do.

also just this last week when we played at Toledo, it was the most viewed game hosted by a Mac school ever.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I honestly think Korver was at best the 9th best player on the team last year, and I don't feel he may have only been the 11th best after Watson and Bogans. All of these guys were better:

Noah
Asik
Kurt
Boozer
Taj
Deng
Brewer
Rose

something tells me you didn't post this in the right thread

or the right board for that matter

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee? You idiots were about to go to the West Coast and you're worried about Yankees? I've got news for you. The Pac 12 is more Yankee than Louisville ever will be.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The hell?

WVU, Kentucky and Utah are Yankee states?

Just because the south doesn't want to claim them doesn't mean that they're suddenly our problem up north.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think the Boise/Georgia game was very popular.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise is a draw because they are still a novelty act at this point.