• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like our playoff hopes just practically ended

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a logical chance, if the rams lost to the Seahawks, but they won. Now we need them to lose to the niners AND the Cardinals or cowboys, while the Vikings lose to the packers and us. The second is very likely, but the first is very unlikely.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas can absolutely beat the Rams.

The problem is that they are better at beating themselves (sounds like another team I know :doh:)

Also don't forget we have another out if the Chargers can beat the Vikings, but just like Dallas, the Chargers are better at beating themselves.

Basically our team that couldn't get out of its way for most of the season is now at the mercy of two other teams who ALSO can't get out of their way.

Fun :gaah:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas can absolutely beat the Rams.

This.

The Rams have been quite unimpressive going back to mid/late November-ish of last season. Their offense just doesn't exist when you can get Goff to feel the least bit uncomfortable. They made the SB because their D played great and were the beneficiaries of the biggest robbery in NFL history. Then, the offense predictably shat themselves.

Them and the Cowboys are both teams that will just always let you down when you start to expect anything from them.

Goff picks apart teams with poor D and especially poor pass rush. Then, looks like a subpar QB against anyone who can pressure. Seattle is a good matchup for Goff. They have the lowest pressure rate in the league. Goff has the biggest drop-off from clean pocket passer rating to passer rating under duress. Dallas at least has some guys who can pressure.

The icing on the cake tonight for them was Seattle legitimately looking like they had no interest in being at the game. Offensively especially, which was odd.

Dallas is at home next Sunday and getting more and more desperate by the week. It's been one hell of a meltdown but often times when you count a team completely dead is when they wake up a bit. Sort of like us after the LAR game. It can only get better for them from here.

Hard to pick Dallas but the Rams can definitely lose. Hell, Arizona is such an enigma. They came damn close to beating SF in SF. Led most of the game. They could even pull it off.

What does suck is that in a three way tie with Minnesota/LAR. We would make it all the way to common opponents (H2H is void since we own it over Minny and conference records are identical between us and LAR). They like BARELY edge us out in that step of the tiebreaker.

Oh, and I almost might give Minny a better chance of losing out west to the Chargers than I would at home vs GB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if we win our games through week 16. We would have beaten GB. Even if both enter at 10-4. Whoever the loser is we could overtake them the final week for the wild card. We would have the better divisional record. Thus, own the tiebreaker (Yes, this also involves LAR losing twice). Detroit hasn't IR'd Stafford and continue to say he could return. I doubt it... but it'd be interesting GB on the road in Detroit having to lose with us needing a win vs Minnesota. GB doesn't exactly blow anyone away. Beat WSH 20-15 today. They really don't blowout anyone and they have two losses that sort of stink vs LAC/PHI. LAC blew them out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the playoffs but the bigger picture is do we have a QB and coach. If Trubs plays well these last 3 tough games and Nagy calls 3 good games, I will consider that a big win even if we miss the playoffs.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

The Rams have been quite unimpressive going back to mid/late November-ish of last season. Their offense just doesn't exist when you can get Goff to feel the least bit uncomfortable. They made the SB because their D played great and were the beneficiaries of the biggest robbery in NFL history. Then, the offense predictably shat themselves.

Them and the Cowboys are both teams that will just always let you down when you start to expect anything from them.

Goff picks apart teams with poor D and especially poor pass rush. Then, looks like a subpar QB against anyone who can pressure. Seattle is a good matchup for Goff. They have the lowest pressure rate in the league. Goff has the biggest drop-off from clean pocket passer rating to passer rating under duress. Dallas at least has some guys who can pressure.

Which is why I was baffled Seattle didn't bring the house every other play last night. Tell Clowney and Wagner to pin their ears back and go QB hunting!

Seattle played like they were content with just a playoff birth and not duking it out with San Fran for the best record in the NFC and a first round bye.

Just weird :noidea:

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the playoffs but the bigger picture is do we have a QB and coach. If Trubs plays well these last 3 tough games and Nagy calls 3 good games, I will consider that a big win even if we miss the playoffs.

The real question is did Nagy learn his lesson from the preseason?

No more of this bubble-wrapping starters assuming they are going to produce and grow on offense without getting reps (Shaheen, Burton, Davis)

If we knew what we had in Horsted by Week 3 we could have shipped of Burton and Shaheen for something. Instead, they'll be cut for nothing.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs have been done for a while now. Hardly anything has gone right for us outside of our games for most of the season...and we blew games we could not lose earlier on. Yesterday was nothing new.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a shot, but as always it begins with the assumption that we're going to run the table. I won't rule anything out, but when you have to (a) have to win out against some incredibly tough and winning teams and (b) bank on help from other teams beating your direct competition to help snag one of the playoff slots, it rarely bodes well.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a shot, but as always it begins with the assumption that we're going to run the table. I won't rule anything out, but when you have to (a) have to win out against some incredibly tough and winning teams and (b) bank on help from other teams beating your direct competition to help snag one of the playoff slots, it rarely bodes well.

Had a good chuckle the other day just before the Dallas game putting together just what we needed to happen to win the Super Bowl:

Win 4 straight: Dallas, @GB, KC, @Minny....Then 4 more straight 3 of them on the road against 3 of these 5 teams: Seattle/New Orleans/Green Bay/San Francisco...and then the Super Bowl vs NE/KC/Baltimore.

Fuggedaboutit. Not this 2019 Bears team. So, in the end, who cares?

Next season will be the Mitch and Nagy show again unless a complete bottom falls out over these next 3...(and I wouldn't doubt that even is a bottom falls out, it still could be the Mitch and Nagy show). Other than that possibility, unlike some on here, I'm placing zero correlation between the results over these next 3 to exactly what the 2020 Bears will show if it is yet again Mitch/Nagy. Who the f*ck really knows what 2020 will bring with these two? We could score 50+ over the next 3 games and I'd still enter 2020's opening day with a large amount of skepticism at this point.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could score 50+ over the next 3 games and I'd still enter 2020's opening day with a large amount of skepticism at this point.

Disagree, but only based on your big scores scenario. My skepticism will be removed if Trubisky plays these final three games like he has the past two. He needs to show more than just flashes in the pan, he has to show consistency. Not so much needing to score a ton of points, but he has to show he has command of the offense with both his arms and his legs, that his passes have the right touch and accuracy, and that he keeps drives alive. If I see all this in these final three games, then my skepticism may not completely vanish, but it will be reduced to 'meh' status. HUGE if.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, but only based on your big scores scenario. My skepticism will be removed if Trubisky plays these final three games like he has the past two. He needs to show more than just flashes in the pan, he has to show consistency. Not so much needing to score a ton of points, but he has to show he has command of the offense with both his arms and his legs, that his passes have the right touch and accuracy, and that he keeps drives alive. If I see all this in these final three games, then my skepticism may not completely vanish, but it will be reduced to 'meh' status. HUGE if.

3iwizj.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can catch MN still. It aint over till it's over.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can catch MN still. It aint over till it's over.
Again, it starts with us having to run the table. And if the Vikes lose to GB in two weeks, we could get in that way. Imagine having to root for the Packers if it turns out to matter. We could still get in ahead of the surging Rams as well, but we'd have to end the season with a better record. A tie goes to them.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikings fan of 40+ years I would say you have us right where you want us, we could absolutely go 0 - 3 the next three weeks.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikings fan of 40+ years I would say you have us right where you want us, we could absolutely go 0 - 3 the next three weeks.

It's a guarantee...but the Vikings-destroying football Gods work with lesser deities that have it out for us too...thus the Rams will win out and we'll have a Golden opportunity filed in the round file.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been over for awhile now......We are not mathmatically out of it, but we are out of it.....

Im hinging my hopes on Trubisky who has played bad most of the season and now all of a sudden weve played these crap teams and now hoping for the playoffs.........

Im mot giving in to it......

Trubisky needs to play bs these teama like he did these last couple of weeks,same as the o-line.......
Its gonna take a long time to get me to buy into Trubisky.........

Its great to see them playing better, but dont get fooled by it......

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it starts with us having to run the table. And if the Vikes lose to GB in two weeks, we could get in that way. Imagine having to root for the Packers if it turns out to matter. We could still get in ahead of the surging Rams as well, but we'd have to end the season with a better record. A tie goes to them.
Ya chances are slim but I never say never in football. We win these next 3 and we win because that will mean we have a QB and a HC. The next 10 years there will be plenty of playoffs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I was baffled Seattle didn't bring the house every other play last night. Tell Clowney and Wagner to pin their ears back and go QB hunting!

Seattle played like they were content with just a playoff birth and not duking it out with San Fran for the best record in the NFC and a first round bye.

Just weird :noidea:

I was stunned by the mental mistakes, the drops, the flags and how flat/disinterested they looked.

Really sucks that they had their worst game of the season when we needed them to take care of business.

Comm1

The Kinda New Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 557.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a logical chance, if the rams lost to the Seahawks, but they won. Now we need them to lose to the niners AND the Cardinals or cowboys, while the Vikings lose to the packers and us. The second is very likely, but the first is very unlikely.
So this is literally our only way?