• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lol at Kyle Turris

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turris telling 2 different stories about his experience in finland ... odd ... what changed ? regained his sensibilities after excessive sauna use while over there ?

Probably saw on Twitter that the lockout was over.....made the comments.....then he saw on twitter that the lockout was still going.

:confused2:

:heh:

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is jstew's handywork, but it's quite funny regardless.

Free Kyle Turris ‏@FreeKyleTurris
I can't believe I have to play video games to pass the time, while being paid to play hockey. Someone help. Please.

On Sunday, I actually had to carry my own equipment bag to the bus. The bag didn't even have wheels!

Why aren't we playing hockey yet? Sitting and pouting worked out for me last time. #ThanksOttawa #ThanksPhoenix

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh i see ... my bad ... he came back for xmas Dec 13th

I dont think they want him back now though

“I told the general manager that we would keep in touch and see going forward,” said Turris. “We’re keeping that open right now. If I was going back (to Europe), I would go back there.”

Read more: Home for the holidays

News from Europe is notoriously bad. The media is brutal. You see it all the time with Swedish, and Finnish, prospects.

So either, none or both of those accounts could be true.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Kyle Turris @FreeKyleTurris

I need to hire someone to blow into my Super Mario Brothers game for me- it's not working. Actually, a volunteer- I'm not paying for that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both stories written by cdn writers at globe and mail and ottawa citizen

So unless kyle is speaking finnish now theres nothing lost in translation

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just a weird story all around

Turris questioned the accuracy of a couple of the quotes in the Globe story but his main problem was the report's unfavourable emphasis and angle - as though the writer, a freelancer named Jordan Winnett, made a point to leave out some of Turris's most positive experiences.

"It's true in a sense," Winnett said. "He had a few good things to say, but the only good things he said were about the guys being really nice. The guys on the team.

"To be honest, I don't think he had a lot of positive things to say. And I don't see anything wrong with what I did, because he even had more things to say which he asked to be off the record. I completely respected that. I stand behind the story 100 per cent."

The pair do go way back. They grew up blocks from each other in New Westminster, and were, in a sense, family friends. Turris played against Winnett's brother when they were younger.

But they hadn't spoken before this interview in six years. When the two first set it up, Winnett, who now lives in the town of Brighton in England, planned to travel to Finland to visit Turris and travel with his team. It didn't work out.

"We decided to do a phone interview," Winnett said.

"I regret not recording it because I record all of my in-person interviews, but this one was on Skype and I didn't record it.

"I was writing down quotes and clarifying.

"He knew exactly what was going on."

Maybe the most surprising aspect was how much the story blew up, partially because the Globe took it off of its website - but that was only to adjust the tense in order to reflect the fact Turris was back in Ottawa.

Winnett never thought Turris would get whipped with the negative backlash he got hit with by a North American hockey media that does not have much to gorge on these days.

"I didn't really think it was going to be controversial," Winnett said. "I didn't really think anything of it. What frustrates me the most is that he told the truth and he got bleeped on.

"To me, I respect him because he told me the truth."

Now, that's an interesting view coming from the young journalist still trying to establish a career who just had his ethics called out.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Turris+comments+context/7725474/story.html#ixzz2FcIaJdzW

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ughhh.

I had no idea it would be controversial.:gossip:

Is that why you left out the positive things the guy had to say?

Turris should have just said things like; "it's different" and "haha.. Well it's not NYC but I love my teammates (which it sounds like he did)"

The guy wrote the article to cause a bit of a stir.

As for what Turris said? I know a guy who went to Oulu to curl. He said there wasn't much to do.

AS for the travel Kyle should just man up. He's a young guy.

The one comment of which I approve, actually, is the truck stop. This is a guy who has gone crazy with nutrition and training in the last year. I'm sure it drives him nuts to be eating greasy spoon, diner-type food on a regular basis.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Finns are definitely upset - Here's a pic of the truck stop food from an article in a Finnish paper.

kmkpux.jpg

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
58 second mark...

[youtube]/ohXn8WKpYaA?t[/youtube]

dash