• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Logan Thomas will make decision by 4pm to

hokieone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that he stays but have no inside information on the decision.

Thoughts?

At this point I am kind of "meh" about it, quite frankly. I'd like to see him stay and think another year with some new faces teaching him would help him immensely, but then I begin to try and take a look at it from his perspective.

I imagine he got a decent grade from the NFL due to his potential. This is just a guess, but maybe second to fourth round. No worse than 4th round. This is a dreadful draft for qb's, and that plays heavily in his favor should he decide to leave. He could still be one of the top three or four quarterbacks off the board come draft day if he had a decent combine.

I just want this new coaching staff to get to work and bring some damn offense back to Blacksburg. :gaah:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What NFL teams are likely to draft a QB in the first couple of rounds? A lot of QB's have been taken early the last couple years. I could see Oakland, Arizona, and maybe Buffalo or Denver looking for a QB early, but not many other teams...unless teams have already determined their recently drafted QB to a bust.

hokieone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What NFL teams are likely to draft a QB in the first couple of rounds? A lot of QB's have been taken early the last couple years. I could see Oakland, Arizona, and maybe Buffalo or Denver looking for a QB early, but not many other teams...unless teams have already determined their recently drafted QB to a bust.

I don't think a team in immediate need drafts him. I wouldn't.

But let him sit behind a Manning in Denver or a Brees in New Orleans. All of these guys are coming towards the end of their careers. Standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard for a year or two would probably be a blessing in disguise should LT decide to turn pro. If you could pick him up in the 4th round, he would be a bargain in this scenario, IMO.

I think that would be the optimum situation for LT if he goes. He is not ready to start from day one at the next level.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine either way.

Very unlike when Vick left early. I attempted several pagan and occult rituals and awoken many dark spirits attempting to bind his will to Tech.

Looking back, that could be the reason he started liking dog torture.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think LT would be a 2-3 rounder THIS year. Looking at the crop of QBs coming out this year...looks pretty weak to me. He would likely work with some QB guru to improve his throwing in the weeks leading up to pro day and the combine. It would not shock me if he moved up into the 1st round if he had a stellar combine. Mike Glennon is currently listed as #3/#4 QB on most all big boards, WORST CASE SCENARIO for god's sake.

I could see KC, Jax, Oakland, Arizona, Buffalo, NYJ, in the 1st, even Cleveland (yes..even with Weeden???), Pittsburgh or Dallas in the second (the thought of that makes me want to barf) taking a chance on someone with LTs upside/ceiling. That is 9 teams that COULD pick a QB in the 1st or 2nd round IMHO.

With Boyd, McCarron, Bridgewater (UC), and Murray coming out next year..not sure if he can gain much draft position unless he has a MONSTER year and shows MAJOR improvement.

I think he will come back, just a feeling. It would make him a better QB, but not necessarily a higher draft pick next year.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone heard anything regarding Leal leaving if LT comes back? That would be a little awkward for us as we'd have to start a R. Fr (Assuming they beat out the walk-ons)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know before the bowl he was leaning toward leaving, but i've heard different over the past few days. I guess we are in a wait and see, but i think LT will be around next season.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question to everyone is: how does staying another year and playing poorly again do anything to his stock? All the scouts know he is very rough. They saw him play this year. They know that his decision making and accuracy as a thrower leave a lot to be desired. Anyone can say "well he played great two seasons ago", but you might as well throw that season away based on how he played this year. He is now back to square one; one good season nullifies one bad season. Especially when that good season preceded the bad one.

So if he comes back next year, my guess is that he plays at a level somewhere between this season and last. He can't possibly get any worse. This will just confirm what we already know: he is a tall kid with a big arm, mobile but not quick/fast, and not very accurate. He has good character, but he doesn't have that "x factor" that you hear so much about with quarterbacks.

Whether he goes out this year or next, he will get drafted purely for potential and I think he will be a 2nd/3rd rounder. He's big enough to where he might have a chance playing at TE if coaches realize that he can't be coached to be an NFL QB, which offers some security with the pick.

And a few more things, I don't understand how people expect him to improve his stock at the combine. The public perceives him to be Cam Newton-like. He is WAY slower than Cam. I can only imagine how brutal he will do in the agility drills. Also, some people here assume that Logan couldn't possibly be drafted later than Mike Glennon. Well if you look at it on paper, they are both big, both have cannon arms, and both will run but are not very agile. The difference is that Logan will take a hit and Mike is a way better passer. Would you really make that trade off?

At the end of the day, virtually none of what I said will matter, but I was just offering my two cents. Oh, and I think he stays.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've said it all season long, he stays.

but its funny that rather than waiting to see, just a mere 4.5 hours, we are still analyzing it under a microscope with all the what ifs...lets not worry as much about the what ifs, since we will know for a fact in a few hours (maybe easier said than done, lol)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly i think he's an idiot if he stays. this draft is ridiculously weak at QB, and the next draft is looking very strong. he'd have to have a near miracle season to pass murray, bridgewater, mccaron, and boyd.. this year mike glennon and matt barkley MIGHT be better than him.. you could argue for geno smith maybe too..

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
honestly i think he's an idiot if he stays. this draft is ridiculously weak at QB, and the next draft is looking very strong. he'd have to have a near miracle season to pass murray, bridgewater, mccaron, and boyd.. this year mike glennon and matt barkley MIGHT be better than him.. you could argue for geno smith maybe too..

It depends on if he's confident or not.

If he's confident that he can be a top tier QB, he stays. He needs another year of experience, VT's schedule next year is cake except for Alabama, and he has a legitimate shot at a top BCS bowl. If VT could beat Alabama (and that's a big IF), VT could actually make the National Championship next year.

The short term financial decision is a lack of confidence, because it's clear he's not ready for the NFL. That would be a short-term financial decision.

He's going to make the NFL. The question is whether he goes in now, or is willing to take a chance on improving his stock. I think he's confident, and expect him to spend another year at VT, with the guy who coached Tom Brady.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:Cry: These tweets within the past hour....

NFL Draft Bible ‏@NFLDraftBible
Hearing that Virginia Tech quarterback LOGAN THOMAS will declare for the 2013 NFL Draft. No official announcement yet. Stay tuned! #NFLdraft

David Teel ‏@DavidTeelatDP
Like my hunch today more than last night. Think Logan Thomas will return to #Hokies. We'll know soon enough.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like my hunch today more than last night. Think Logan Thomas will return to #Hokies. We'll know soon enough.

Damn. Best of luck to you LT.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

NFL Draft Bible ‏@NFLDraftBible
Hearing that Virginia Tech quarterback LOGAN THOMAS will declare for the 2013 NFL Draft. No official announcement yet. Stay tuned! #NFLdraft

Being wrong clearly doesn't cost you much on Twitter, so you can afford to guess.

Just a few more hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on if he's confident or not.

If he's confident that he can be a top tier QB, he stays. He needs another year of experience, VT's schedule next year is cake except for Alabama, and he has a legitimate shot at a top BCS bowl. If VT could beat Alabama (and that's a big IF), VT could actually make the National Championship next year.

The short term financial decision is a lack of confidence, because it's clear he's not ready for the NFL. That would be a short-term financial decision.

He's going to make the NFL. The question is whether he goes in now, or is willing to take a chance on improving his stock. I think he's confident, and expect him to spend another year at VT, with the guy who coached Tom Brady.

side note first: it's a real shame that we can call the money (likely at least 1 mil) he'd make 'short term'.. damn atheletes

i personally dont see how he could improve his stock enough to account for the difference in talent coming out next year.. even if half of them have horrible seasons (unlikely) and he has a season like he did his soph year (cautiously optimistic approach), he's still the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft.. i would guess he's the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft this year.. if i were him i wouldn't risk another season like this past one.. the hokies had a clearer shot this year to the national title than they will next year and look what happened

hokieone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the reason for my "meh" attitude.

His decision is made, and VT will be fine with or without him. Its a big decision and one I wish I had been talented enough to consider but really would not want to make if I were in his shoes. Neither decision is 100% right or wrong.

I'd like for him to stay because I think he could get expotentially better with another year of game reps, something he won't get in the NFL next year.

As for the qb's next year, no guarantee Bridgewater comes out, Boyd wasn't listed among the top ten qb's by any service I saw when he was considering coming out this year, and I think McCarron is a clone of the kid with the Jets, who stinks at the NFL level. I only really see Murray ahead of him from that group should Bridgewater stay in school, and that is comparing them this year.