• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Load Management

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to hope. If you want to be the best, you got to beat the best. If the Lakers win the 'ship this season I don't want the haters to add an asterisk to it because Kawhi was out.
Meh

I think for guys like Cp3 and Blake, getting injured is the norm.

So, no need to add an asterisk.

For a guy like Kawhi, yep...

You are probably right.

Same would be the case if the Clippers got passed you with LeBron or Davis out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh

I think for guys like Cp3 and Blake, getting injured is the norm.

So, no need to add an asterisk.

For a guy like Kawhi, yep...

You are probably right.

Same would be the case if the Clippers got passed you with LeBron or Davis out.

Well before Lebron got injured the Lakers were 20-14 and in the 4th seed. That all went to shit.

Just proves how much an injury can de-rail a team. Or several injuries in the case of the Warriors - best team in the league one year, worst the next...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well before Lebron got injured the Lakers were 20-14 and in the 4th seed. That all went to shit.

Just proves how much an injury can de-rail a team. Or several injuries in the case of the Warriors - best team in the league one year, worst the next...
Yeah, that was so early in the Season.

I mean, the Clippers were in 1st place during that same timeframe.

So, records before Xmas aren't always indicative of how the Season would progress.

I'm sure the Jazz and Blazers sucked during that span.

They always turn it on the 2nd half of the Season.

I think the Lakers would have been a playoff team.

But, maybe 7th or 8th.

The Kiddie Corps just weren't good enough to get you much higher than that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was so early in the Season.

I mean, the Clippers were in 1st place during that same timeframe.

So, records before Xmas aren't always indicative of how the Season would progress.

I'm sure the Jazz and Blazers sucked during that span.

They always turn it on the 2nd half of the Season.

I think the Lakers would have been a playoff team.

But, maybe 7th or 8th.

The Kiddie Corps just weren't good enough to get you much higher than that.

You're probably right. But on the other hand, we don't know how good the kiddie corp might have been with Lebron there to relieve some of the pressure on them and for them to learn from.

Kuzma looked like he was loving playing alongside Lebron and was reportedly following him around like a puppy. Which is why he's the one that's still there. lol

Ingram and Lonzo were starting to look like they were figuring out how to play alongside him when the injuries started piling up.

So, maybe they still only get in as a 6-8 seed. But maybe are one of those lower seeds you'd rather not have to play.

Or, maybe Ingram and Lonzo never completely get things figured out and they're a first round exit?

Would have been fun to find out. lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. But on the other hand, we don't know how good the kiddie corp might have been with Lebron there to relieve some of the pressure on them and for them to learn from.

Kuzma looked like he was loving playing alongside Lebron and was reportedly following him around like a puppy. Which is why he's the one that's still there. lol

Ingram and Lonzo were starting to look like they were figuring out how to play alongside him when the injuries started piling up.

So, maybe they still only get in as a 6-8 seed. But maybe are one of those lower seeds you'd rather not have to play.

Or, maybe Ingram and Lonzo never completely get things figured out and they're a first round exit?

Ehh, I'd rather have the team we have today. Ingram needed the ball a lot to get his, and that's not going to work with Lebron. Lonzo is hurt once again. His shooting percentages are up a little, but his overall stats are pretty much the same. Will he ever turn the corner? That said, I'd rather have him than Rondo, lol...but I'd rather have AD than all of them.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone missing a game due to load management must be required to sit on the bench with a fucking neon pink pacifier in his mouth.

PUSSYS!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the thing. I honestly believe if the Lakers would have made the playoffs last year, they wouldn't have pushed through on the AD trade. Even if it was a first round exit.

They would have probably waited to see how "the kids develop" a little longer

Maybe Lebrons injury at Christmas was a blessing in disguise.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. I honestly believe if the Lakers would have made the playoffs last year, they wouldn't have pushed through on the AD trade. Even if it was a first round exit.

Maybe. But remember, it wasn't just Lebron's injury that sent the season sideways. The AD trade attempt fucked up everyone's head except Kuz.

He go back early enough that they probably still could have made it. But everyone was pretty much playing for themselves by then.

So yeah, I agree that it may have been a blessing in disguise...but sure was ugly for awhile.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. Lakers have lusted over AD for years now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have. But if last years young core actually made the playoffs they would have probably waited till AD was a free agent next year

I still don't think so. They lost out on Paul George by not making a move for him. Waiting for AD to come for free is a huge risk.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, I'd rather have the team we have today. Ingram needed the ball a lot to get his, and that's not going to work with Lebron. Lonzo is hurt once again. His shooting percentages are up a little, but his overall stats are pretty much the same. Will he ever turn the corner? That said, I'd rather have him than Rondo, lol...but I'd rather have AD than all of them.
We have a much better team this year over what we had last year. I agree that the Lakers were a pretty good team last year before the injuries, but in retrospect - the Lakers would have been smart to have traded Ingram, Ball and the others for Paul George like they did for Davis.

In summary, however I like the LeBron and Davis Combo better then I would the LeBron and Paul George. The only thinkg is that maybe with LeBron and George, Leonard would have ended up with the Lakers for a LeBron - George and Leonard in the front court and that would have been the best in the league

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have. But if last years young core actually made the playoffs they would have probably waited till AD was a free agent next year
I don't know, but I think that there was no way the Lakers could have gotten to the finals with Ingram and Ball in tow. Granted they would have been a play off team and pretty good, but not as good as what we have now

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think so. They lost out on Paul George by not making a move for him. Waiting for AD to come for free is a huge risk.

Taking action and controlling your own destiny is what winners do. The Lakers did the right thing by trading for AD.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but I think that there was no way the Lakers could have gotten to the finals with Ingram and Ball in tow. Granted they would have been a play off team and pretty good, but not as good as what we have now

I agree, there's no way Ingram and Ball would have led the Lakers to the finals, but I think a 2nd round exit would be more than enough for Magic to value the guys more than they're actually worth and not pull that trade-trigger for AD in the summer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, there's no way Ingram and Ball would have led the Lakers to the finals, but I think a 2nd round exit would be more than enough for Magic to value the guys more than they're actually worth and not pull that trade-trigger for AD in the summer.
Well, it definitely would have given the Lakers better trade value. Ingram was pretty good player, but even now i thin Lonzo Ball at the best is a mediocre player. His dad over sold his value. He is worth 50 cents on the dollar at the best