• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions seek revenge for Lombardi: battle NO on MNF

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions tried their best to give it away. There are some major ''thinking'' problems on that team's sideline.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played well. We need LBs though. Secondary is getting very good. D-Line will need some help. Austin has proved he can put together a defense without superstars.

Offense did well for the most part when they needed to. The O-Line is still a problem. Tomlinson is still not good. The tackles are inconsistent and both Swanson and Big Lar have been all over the place.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions would be super bowl champs if NO was the only other team in the NFL.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO has one of the worst defenses of all time. Probably worse than the 2008 Lions. Not sure how in the hell they won a game.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO has one of the worst defenses of all time. Probably worse than the 2008 Lions. Not sure how in the hell they won a game.

Yes, it will be a record breaking passing TD's giving up. Not sure how they stand on total yardage. Could you imagine a division this year with Browns Saints Lions and Dolphins. Would have been a hard season to watch. Four teams who could play here and there, but for the most part can not get out of their own way.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it will be a record breaking passing TD's giving up. Not sure how they stand on total yardage. Could you imagine a division this year with Browns Saints Lions and Dolphins. Would have been a hard season to watch. Four teams who could play here and there, but for the most part can not get out of their own way.

Yeah, Lions probably have the best team out of all them. Still garbage though.

I have an feeling they are going to keep the coaching staff. Austin is legit and Cooterballs seems to be pretty solid. Lombardi, Mini-Millen and the drunk were the dead weight.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was especially proud of Caldwell tonight. He didn't leave a single timeout unused.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Riddick drop that LB's jock, or what? Best play of the game. Slay played his ass off. Ziggy looked like death warmed over. He should have been in bed.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost by 4 points. If Gurley could of punched it in on the goal line in the Rams game. Would of been singing EE's praises. Now he just sucks balls.

I got my guy by three points. Now it is the 5 and 6 seed in the finals. I'm happy with second place in that league.

Smitty and me face off in our league. I sucked in three other leagues here, but I'm in the chip game with guys from tHoop. RitzArmy will cruise in that one though.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was especially proud of Caldwell tonight. He didn't leave a single timeout unused.

Even if it meant losing two of them to challenges because the coaches below him were yelling in his face to throw the challenge flag... I bet he doesn't even see what's going on. He just looks dead staring down the hot dog vendor walking through the stands because nothing but emptiness runs through his head.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Riddick drop that LB's jock, or what? Best play of the game. Slay played his ass off. Ziggy looked like death warmed over. He should have been in bed.

Riddick is a special role player. I'd love to see him in the slot more, but I'm wrong on him there always. Takes away his ability of the mismatches he creates out of the backfield.

Slay was stellar tonight. Always said Suh has nothing to do with his development. He don't. He plays weekly on a island. He still has bad games though. Only will get better.

Ziggy still made some impact plays that went unnoticed. He was sick they said. Impressed me he put the team first and battled through it. That is captain worthy IMO.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played well. We need LBs though. Secondary is getting very good. D-Line will need some help. Austin has proved he can put together a defense without superstars.

Offense did well for the most part when they needed to. The O-Line is still a problem. Tomlinson is still not good. The tackles are inconsistent and both Swanson and Big Lar have been all over the place.

Spot on sir. Give props to those deserving and point out the weaknesses. You use to get in trouble for not celebrating a victory around here. Always work to be done following a game in the next practice.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tackles are inconsistent

Ola is so much better than Waddle or Lucas, imo

Tomlinson is still not good.

he's had a couple games where he was better than the game before.

agreed.
LB's (yes, glad you made it plural)

I'm very impressed with Diggs but I think he'd be better off in nickel. there's more for him to improve upon.

Austin has done a good job overall but he's also failed to make better decisions in 2nd half of games. We should give him credit for what he's accomplished with very little to work with (FA departures, injuries and such)

Van Noy still looks lost. pisses me off too.

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely loved Gruden's commentary last night. Thought his comments about blaming QBs for all these WR helmet to helmet hits was both ballsy and accurate.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it just me or did Caldwell look like he was about to cry all night?

He is really pissing me off. Get a big lead and then get super conservative on both offense and defense. Story of the last 6 games. I am convinced he is interfering with his coordinators game plans in the second half of games. I saw some zone defenses in the second half that were ridiculous like 3rd and 2 situations

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely loved Gruden's commentary last night. Thought his comments about blaming QBs for all these WR helmet to helmet hits was both ballsy and accurate.

I agree with yours and his statements, but I can't put it on all QBs and the bad throws. Going across the middle is chance they all take. Guys get trucked on great throws also. Hit a guy in stride and there's still a safety crashing down.

I will also put some guys would rather be seen on highlights for big hits, instead of a text book fundemental tackle.