• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions looking good!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight.

We're all going to sit in a circle and sing 'kumbaya' instead of calling each other dirty bastards that obviously know nothing about football?

It's a switch. We'll see what happens Sunday. The Pack fans I've seen on this board seem pretty cool. Over at espn they had some real a-holes... but so were some Lions fans. When you have a situation like this where one team has been good-to-great for so many years and another has been on the bottom looking up, why not get along ? I think that's why we don't mix as well with Bears & Vikings fans. Their teams have had their struggles, too. Pack fans don't see the Lions as a threat. Not really. Not until they prove it.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a switch. We'll see what happens Sunday. The Pack fans I've seen on this board seem pretty cool. Over at espn they had some real a-holes... but so were some Lions fans. When you have a situation like this where one team has been good-to-great for so many years and another has been on the bottom looking up, why not get along ? I think that's why we don't mix as well with Bears & Vikings fans. Their teams have had their struggles, too. Pack fans don't see the Lions as a threat. Not really. Not until they prove it.

Believe you me, I know myself and several other Packer fans who've been closely watching the Lions over the past few years inch back to relevance, and this year, the Lions have noticably closed the gap to nothing! We've respected the talent on your team for several years now, and what's always seemed to kill you guys were the boneheaded penalties and mistakes. Now that those have been limited, and your core talent has been together for quite some time, the Lions are NO JOKE!

So I respectfully disagree with you - Packer fans DO see the Lions as a threat, and this game on Sunday is HUGE for both squads!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their is just not the hate associated with the Packers as their is with the Bears!

I think it's just Chicago and their band of thugs that create hostility. Great quote by Junior!

It's hard to take exception to the Packers they have just been to damn good for to long. You gotta appreciate what they have accomplished. And yes it's a great level for the Lions to aspire to!

The Packers got a week off, get to play at home, and have their backs against the wall. They should have every advantage going into sundays game. I don't think the Lions roll over for anyone! I expect a shootout and would not be surprised to see 80+ points scored. I think if the Lions walk away from this game with a win or believing they should have won Detroit makes the playoffs.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their is just not the hate associated with the Packers as their is with the Bears!

I think it's just Chicago and their band of thugs that create hostility. Great quote by Junior!

It's hard to take exception to the Packers they have just been to damn good for to long. You gotta appreciate what they have accomplished. And yes it's a great level for the Lions to aspire to!

The Packers got a week off, get to play at home, and have their backs against the wall. They should have every advantage going into sundays game. I don't think the Lions roll over for anyone! I expect a shootout and would not be surprised to see 80+ points scored. I think if the Lions walk away from this game with a win or believing they should have won Detroit makes the playoffs.

If the Lions leave Lambeau with a "W", they certainly have a very good chance of winning the division, and certainly a great chance of making the playoffs. A loss for GB doesn't eliminate them from the playoffs, but it sure will make it damn hard, and there won't be much "winning the division" talk from GB fans or the franchise at that point!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've turned a corner, IMO. Bush looks legit, and your team 'appears' to be playing more disciplined football.

I know the poster you're referring to quite well from our days over on the ESPN board and even now here at SportsHoopla. He certainly speaks his mind, and as long as he doesn't act like a total doosh about it, I usually can get into a decent enough football conversation with him. In the case you're referring to, I guess that's an issue between him and the Lions.

One game does not make a season and while the lions did better against the bears discipline wise their other three games they did not do as well. We shall see, I also believe they have turned a corner but when you are 4-12 with the talent the lioms have thats really the only thing you should be doing. What do you think about the packers this year?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight.

We're all going to sit in a circle and sing 'kumbaya' instead of calling each other dirty bastards that obviously know nothing about football?

Grail would love this setting.

Hahahha, plus one for grail reference. Well done sir, well done.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit needs to play with Green Bay when the season means something! They can't let AR get 2-3 scores up on them.

The season always holds some surprises...Who would have thought the NFC East would blow? What was once a really tough looking schedule for Detroit doesn't look so hard.