• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions @ Cowboys

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it. How about the illegal formation, was that debunked also? If not the point is still valid.
they said it was in the actual game, but after the game said he wasnt covered up.
I posted a pic of the play somewhere on here if you want to look.

Edit here is a pic.
IMG_8815.jpeg

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are obviously clueless on the topic or just can't get over your Cowboy hate because this statement makes you look like you don't follow the NFL. Seriously, do some research. I guess it's easy to argue by making shit up than by going with actual facts
Lol.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The official who addressed the reporting lineman appears to have gotten the two linemen confused. The Lions QB said that he personally witnessed Decker reporting to the ref. I don’t believe he lied. Decker said he reported as he was directed to do and as they had practiced. I don’t believe he was lying.

It appears that an official made a mistake which altered the outcome of a game.

This is just more justification for making the officials a full time job where they train to improve their performance all off season.

They should spend the off season reviewing game film and critique their performance, identify mistakes and train to prevent future mistakes.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The official who addressed the reporting lineman appears to have gotten the two linemen confused. The Lions QB said that he personally witnessed Decker reporting to the ref. I don’t believe he lied. Decker said he reported as he was directed to do and as they had practiced. I don’t believe he was lying.

It appears that an official made a mistake which altered the outcome of a game.

This is just more justification for making the officials a full time job where they train to improve their performance all off season.

They should spend the off season reviewing game film and critique their performance, identify mistakes and train to prevent future mistakes.
The mistake by the official May or May not have cost the Lions the game. If the defense had thought 68 was eligible and would have been informed, I don’t think he would have been open. Watch the play again and you will see the MLB on the eligible guard the whole time. So if everything got done correctly, we don’t know what would have happened. As such, we will never know.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mistake by the official May or May not have cost the Lions the game. If the defense had thought 68 was eligible and would have been informed, I don’t think he would have been open. Watch the play again and you will see the MLB on the eligible guard the whole time. So if everything got done correctly, we don’t know what would have happened. As such, we will never know.
When a mistake by an official calls back a two point conversion to put a team ahead with just seconds remaining in a game, that was a game changing mistake.

You can’t justify those types of mistakes by officials.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to see the other plays that Skipper came in. Supposedly it was a few times. On that play , Skipper lined up as a Guard. If you are a Guard , you cant be eligible.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always the jackasses that just joined that are the loudest and dumbest
I think it’s funny to watch people go sideways when they are faced with disagreement.

I guess they think discussion forums are places where everyone is supposed to agree with one another and let each other on the back.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a mistake by an official calls back a two point conversion to put a team ahead with just seconds remaining in a game, that was a game changing mistake.

I think his point is. If the refs did their job right, the play would have happened differently & we dont know how that play would have played out if the defense knew 68 was eligible.
to think he would have been ignored & wide open would be a stretch. So we simply dont know how that play, plays out if the refs didnt fuck up.

No one is absolving the refs from wrong doing.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s funny to watch people go sideways when they are faced with disagreement.

I guess they think discussion forums are places where everyone is supposed to agree with one another and let each other on the back.
werent you the one the other day, to tell me not to respond to you if I didnt like/agree with what you post? :scratch:

because I was thinking the same thing. This would be a very boring place if we only responded to those we agreed with.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

The official has to notify the defense when someone checks in as eligible. If they would have told the defense he was eligible then they might have covered him. I know this is hard to comprehend for a Washington fan. GTFOH.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The official has to notify the defense when someone checks in as eligible. If they would have told the defense he was eligible then they might have covered him. I know this is hard to comprehend for a Washington fan. GTFOH.

So what? They might have covered him and might have left someone else open.

It appears that a referee made a huge mistake which changed the outcome of a game. Unfortunately horrible officiating is becoming all too common and it’s impacting games more and more.

Officials are just part time guys and most of them are old, slow and overweight. They can’t keep up with the athleticism demonstrated by modern players.