• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2015 schedule thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know why the bet is on the team record anyways? Suh doesn't play on the offense. Hell -- the first Lions playoff appearance Suh had -- they made it there because of our offense. Our defense was 23rd ranked in the NFL and gave up 600+ yards in the playoffs and single handedly making GB's backup QB a multi-millionaire by passing for 500 yards and 6 tds against us in the final game.

I can't speak for Rob, nor would I. I do remember one big statement from him was how many wins Suh was worth? So I can imagine that could be part of his thought process of having a W and L bet???
My thinking is since they were 23rd, the overall talent has also improved. So yes, why I think Suh is more disruptive than Ngata. I see the talent was extremely better in 2014 on that side of the ball as opposed to 2011. Part of my thought process of thinking maybe a top 10ish defense but not in the twenties as some here think.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Ansah. There was a time before the draft when I was the only one. I like Levy too. I like all of them. But Suh was/is a once in a lifetime talent. He didn't make all those guys good, but he absolutely made them better.

I like the way you state it this way. He did make Slay a better CB. He did improve his cover skills. As Slay had a huge jump in development last season. I actually am not worried with Levy I think he developed along the way. I am curious with some other spots though? How much impact he had? I know he had some, but how much? I think that is what you and me differ on.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now understand why Rob is trying to make a team wager and not a wager on the defenses. Miami opens the season with the easiest schedule in the NFL, by far. Their 1st 5 games -- the teams record in 2014 were a combined 22-58 (they face the 2 win titans, the 3 win jaguars, the 4 win jets and the 4 win redskins)

The only team they play with a winning record is buffalo, who has a new coach and new coordinators, and no QB.

Whoever took the bet with Rob -- might as well wait till the 2nd half of the season before showing up as that is when Miami starts playing good teams.

Miami even gets the scrub teams on the road for their non-conference games and play the solid team at home.

I will say this -- IF Miami can't finish with a winning record with the schedule they have -- they are in some trouble going forward. The only scrub team they don't face is TB it seems.

I actually would disagree. Having 7 of 9 on the road to start is tough. One being a London game and considered a home game. I think the advantage is having 5 of the last 7 at home and closing with the Pats in the humidity and not the cold of Foxborough. They have handled the Pats at home decently in recent years. Might not always get the W, but done against Brady at home. Playing solid teams at home is better. Just ask Matty the Pimp?

Oh and ask those teams that faced the 2-14 Chiefs a year later with a new coach meant anything? Too much change in the NFL to look at last year as a bench mark every year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for Rob, nor would I. I do remember one big statement from him was how many wins Suh was worth? So I can imagine that could be part of his thought process of having a W and L bet???

That's what I like about you Gandy, you remember stuff.

You also remembered (and reminded others) that I said a long time ago I'd follow whichever team Suh went to. And now, here we are in the thick of it.

Words are hollow without action.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Ansah. There was a time before the draft when I was the only one. I like Levy too. I like all of them. But Suh was/is a once in a lifetime talent. He didn't make all those guys good, but he absolutely made them better.

I won't disagree that Suh is a game changer. He most certainly is. Ngata is an All-Pro, seen as one of the best if not the best DT in football for a time. He's a guy the Ravens, one of the best run teams in the league, wanted to keep but couldn't afford. Yea, he's in his 30s and no he's not Suh but expecting this defense is going to nose dive because the best DT is gone even though he was replaced by an All-Pro is selling that All-Pro, the players that remain and what looks to be a damn fine DC short.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way you state it this way. He did make Slay a better CB. He did improve his cover skills. As Slay had a huge jump in development last season. I actually am not worried with Levy I think he developed along the way. I am curious with some other spots though? How much impact he had? I know he had some, but how much? I think that is what you and me differ on.

Obviously when you have a guy who can plug running lanes and pressure the QB he's going to make everyone's jobs easier. But as others have stated many times if Suh was the end all be all we wouldn't have had such low ranking defenses all but one year of his 5 years in the D. I'd say Suh biggest contribution was allowing the talented, fat, lazy fuck beside him be a fat, lazy fuck. Ngata will come to work. If Tyrunn and Caraun and who ever else we add come to work and do their jobs the drop off shouldn't be a cliff.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually would disagree. Having 7 of 9 on the road to start is tough. One being a London game and considered a home game. I think the advantage is having 5 of the last 7 at home and closing with the Pats in the humidity and not the cold of Foxborough. They have handled the Pats at home decently in recent years. Might not always get the W, but done against Brady at home. Playing solid teams at home is better. Just ask Matty the Pimp?

Oh and ask those teams that faced the 2-14 Chiefs a year later with a new coach meant anything? Too much change in the NFL to look at last year as a bench mark every year.

A lot of Pats fans find their way here, I have to assume they find their way to Miami too. The stadium could possibly be half Pats because the Dolphins fan base sucks. And it will likely be Boston October weather in South Florida in January, not ridiculously hot and humid. Even if it is, the heat isn't as big of an advantage as the cold is. I doubt that game will be a strong advantage for Miami.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't disagree that Suh is a game changer. He most certainly is. Ngata is an All-Pro, seen as one of the best if not the best DT in football for a time. He's a guy the Ravens, one of the best run teams in the league, wanted to keep but couldn't afford. Yea, he's in his 30s and no he's not Suh but expecting this defense is going to nose dive because the best DT is gone even though he was replaced by an All-Pro is selling that All-Pro, the players that remain and what looks to be a damn fine DC short.

Hey man, I'd love NOTHING MORE then be WRONG. I'll GLADY rock a Mayhew avatar if they go out there and rive me wrong, win double digit games by beating some winning teams and make the playoffs.

Big misconception that I want them to lose. I want them to WIN.

And even if the Lions win , I'll still be a Dolphin fan too. Pats fan too. NFL fan for life.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Suh was/is a once in a lifetime talent

How quickly people forget about Warren Sapp. As you know -- I love Suh, but you are giving him WAAAAAAAY too much credit. To put it in perspective -- for Suh to even keep pace with Sapp thru 6 years -- he'd have to put up 22.5 sacks while forcing 10 fumbles and recovering 5 fumbles in 2015. Oh yeah -- and be named the defensive player of the year, which Sapp was named in his 5th season.

Suh is a great player, but far from a once in a lifetime talent. If you want to call him a once in a lifetime talent for the Lions, I could agree with that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly people forget about Warren Sapp. As you know -- I love Suh, but you are giving him WAAAAAAAY too much credit. To put it in perspective -- for Suh to even keep pace with Sapp thru 6 years -- he'd have to put up 22.5 sacks while forcing 10 fumbles and recovering 5 fumbles in 2015. Oh yeah -- and be named the defensive player of the year, which Sapp was named in his 5th season.

Suh is a great player, but far from a once in a lifetime talent. If you want to call him a once in a lifetime talent for the Lions, I could agree with that.

Sapp didn't play for the Lions. I mean he's a once in a lifetime talent for the Lions.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago when the Raiders had character I was a huge fan. Blitnakoff, Stabler, Lester Hayes, Branch, and Casper to name a few. I would have followed them regardless of where they may have gone to if they left the Raiders. The same way I like the Patriots because of Tom Brady and being a fan of his at UofM.

So I get Rob's feelings about Suh and rooting for the Dolphins.

What I find amazing is in the age of Free Agency how few ex Lions players have gone on to other teams and have had success to root for. Can't think of a WR other than pizza loving Burleson. Or a RB than the oft injured Bush that just left for the 49ers and I am pretty safe in that they will not be huge successes.

About the only one I can think of is Hartings when asshat Millen let him go and the Steelers jumped on him quickly.

That to me is the sign of poor player acquisition/drafting. Teams can't afford multiple stars in a salary cap league so you would expect to have to let a few go. But Suh is the only true star the Lions have lost in the last 10 years. And that is an indictment in my opinion.

But even with Suh leaving I still think Austin has enough to put a solid defense on the field. Depth may become a huge issue but as of today the Suh loss for me is significant but not a game changer. Good teams should be able to address issues and move along quickly.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Avril is a huge success, but he has had success at least with a ring. Never was a Avril one trick pony can. Although he has gotten some tackles in run support for the Hawks.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sapp didn't play for the Lions. I mean he's a once in a lifetime talent for the Lions.

That I can agree with. He is the best defensive player the Lions have had in my lifetime, but unfortunately for many of us -- we haven't had too many top tier defensive players the past couple decades.

That being said -- we do have quite a few top tier shiny toys in my lifetime including arguably the best RB and best WR, not only of our generation, but all time. And we drafted the guy who will go down as the best TE ever last year. :)

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron jokes are good coming from some people. Just not everybody.
Who is on the approved list because I really thought referring to him as Error Ewrong was pretty clever.

And if he ends up being a real player I have a bet out there that involves me having to buy and wear his damn jersey to a late season game. I need to enjoy my bashing now since that's a bet I would be much happier to lose than win.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago when the Raiders had character I was a huge fan. Blitnakoff, Stabler, Lester Hayes, Branch, and Casper to name a few. I would have followed them regardless of where they may have gone to if they left the Raiders. The same way I like the Patriots because of Tom Brady and being a fan of his at UofM.

So I get Rob's feelings about Suh and rooting for the Dolphins.

What I find amazing is in the age of Free Agency how few ex Lions players have gone on to other teams and have had success to root for. Can't think of a WR other than pizza loving Burleson. Or a RB than the oft injured Bush that just left for the 49ers and I am pretty safe in that they will not be huge successes.

About the only one I can think of is Hartings when asshat Millen let him go and the Steelers jumped on him quickly.

That to me is the sign of poor player acquisition/drafting. Teams can't afford multiple stars in a salary cap league so you would expect to have to let a few go. But Suh is the only true star the Lions have lost in the last 10 years. And that is an indictment in my opinion.

But even with Suh leaving I still think Austin has enough to put a solid defense on the field. Depth may become a huge issue but as of today the Suh loss for me is significant but not a game changer. Good teams should be able to address issues and move along quickly.

A few things. First, the Raiders at some point had character? I'm not being facetious, I'm really asking. Second, I get Rob wanting to follow Suh and the Dolphins, it's comparing the 2 teams and shitting on the Lions that works people up. And 3rd, 100% agree that it's an indictment on the Lions, from ownership down, that we haven't lost any great players to free agency. Kind of a gut punch when you think about that.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is on the approved list because I really thought referring to him as Error Ewrong was pretty clever.

And if he ends up being a real player I have a bet out there that involves me having to buy and wear his damn jersey to a late season game. I need to enjoy my bashing now since that's a bet I would be much happier to lose than win.

Yes, Error Ewrong is on the approved list.

The statement I made about Ebron would go in your direction about the clown show, if you made jokes about them. I see more truth than jokes though.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Error Ewrong is on the approved list.

The statement I made about Ebron would go in your direction about the clown show, if you made jokes about them. I see more truth than jokes though.
So no on The Clown Show and yes on Ebron? Not sure how I feel about that.

I will hold off until after the draft but no promises after that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron jokes are good coming from some people. Just not everybody.

11111279_668297266609370_1792567035_n.jpg

lhs7.png