• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lincoln Riley really robbing everybody

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully you're right. But there is some merit to the "he needs to prove it" narrative.

At Oklahoma, he took over a program that was already winning. He just needed to make sure he didn't fuck it up. He showed he was able to not fuck it up.

At USC, he's taking over a program that has been floundering under a series of bad coaches and a couple of bad AD's.

Now he needs to show that he is capable of essentially rebuilding a program. We won't know that until we have a few games played.

I doubt it happens overnight but I really think Riley is the HC your Trojans have been looking for since PC went to Seattle.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say that?

We're not, we are pissed on how he left, not that he left, there is a difference.
Last time I checked dirtbag isn't a term of endearment.
The better the coach the harder it is to leave for a better job and not have the school you left feeling used. With recruits and assistants you have to be quiet when talking to another school and if you accept you have to clear out right away. Players go to a program because of the coach these days so when a coach leaves it's natural some players want to go with him.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked dirtbag isn't a term of endearment.
Don't think I called him any names in my posts, but ok.
The better the coach the harder it is to leave for a better job and not have the school you left feeling used.
Yea, he didn't care that he left OU, regardless of what he says. Nice word play though on trying to make USC as the "better" program.
With recruits and assistants you have to be quiet when talking to another school and if you accept you have to clear out right away.
It's one thing to keep things under wraps until terms are agreed and everything is signed, I understand all of that, but to do it during the middle of the season when you are expected to be putting out a Heisman QB and making a NC run, kinda puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth when you fail your objectives for the year because you were to busy looking for a way out of town. You will get that feeling as well soon enough when he bolts for the NFL, we all know its his main goal.
Players go to a program because of the coach these days so when a coach leaves it's natural some players want to go with him.
Very true, except it is knowledge within the OU program that he was actively recruiting kids to go to USC with him while at OU. So yea, while kids do temp to fallow coaches, in most cases its 1 to 3 guys at most, how many did he manage to take with him to USC from OU? He snagged 3 current players alone and pulled a majority of our recruiting class. In most cases when a coach leaves a program the recruiting class does take a hit, but you also see those kids end up all over the place, but in this case a majority went to USC. So USC can thank OU for their recruiting class they got this year.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully you're right. But there is some merit to the "he needs to prove it" narrative.

At Oklahoma, he took over a program that was already winning. He just needed to make sure he didn't fuck it up. He showed he was able to not fuck it up.

At USC, he's taking over a program that has been floundering under a series of bad coaches and a couple of bad AD's.

Now he needs to show that he is capable of essentially rebuilding a program. We won't know that until we have a few games played.
I would agree he didn’t mess up the program, but,,,,,

1652282827535.jpeg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3