• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lincoln Riley really robbing everybody

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
socaljim "I just bury my head for the all might win". hahahahaha
How many people burried their heads when Urban was hired at Ohio State? Other than leaving Oklahoma for USC what horrible things has Riley done?

Tritonboat71

50-55-56-74-75-85-00
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people burried their heads when Urban was hired at Ohio State? Other than leaving Oklahoma for USC what horrible things has Riley done?

Nothing

Riley is a fantastic offensive mind, one of the brightest in the game.

After the initial shock wore off, I began to understand his move.

USC will again quickly compete for PAC championships and a play-off berth.

Until they shore up offensive line and especially defensive line and second level guys they won’t be anything but flashy.

I sincerely doubt Alex Grinch will still be in LA in 2 years. If the Trojans can recruit well on that side of the ball and get the right staff in, they’ll be nearly unstoppable.

But unfortunately for schools west of the Rockies, most NFL caliber defensive kids grow up east of the Mississippi and go to school in that region.

NIL may change that.

I’m incredibly curious to see how USC competes this season.

Caleb is fantastic to watch. If anything, Trojan fans will be amazed at his talent.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First lots. I personally didnt care what he did at FL. Second you keep rooting for the dirtbag.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First lots. I personally didnt care what he did at FL. Second you keep rooting for the dirtbag.
You have yet to explain his dirtbagness. Leaving a college for another is always seen like a classless move from the school losing the coach. Again ,there's nothing he's done that is even in the same universe as a recent coach of yours. I'm guessing you weren't bitching like you are now about him when he was winning NCs for Ohio State. So your opinion is pretty low on the list of things I care about.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have yet to explain his dirtbagness. Leaving a college for another is always seen like a classless move from the school losing the coach. Again ,there's nothing he's done that is even in the same universe as a recent coach of yours. I'm guessing you weren't bitching like you are now about him when he was winning NCs for Ohio State. So your opinion is pretty low on the list of things I care about.
Yet you have asked for my opinion several times. I think you are just kidding yourself. Rent free little camper.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you have asked for my opinion several times. I think you are just kidding yourself. Rent free little camper.
So again you can't even say why you think he's a scumbag . Lol.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Riley in town USC will turn things around quickly. He's a proven winner with the coaching resume to prove it. So basically if you or anyone else has the issues with the Trojans get 'em in while you can. Because they won't be down for much longer.

You're probably right. But then again, let's not forget, this is his first branch-out coaching job. He was Bob Stoops' OC, and took over when Stoops retired. There's no question he did a great job, but everything was in place for him. He just took the wheel. This is his first real ground-up test.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again you can't even say why you think he's a scumbag . Lol.
I wont play your game. You are the same as any other fan of any other team to hire a dirtbag. You will defend any dirtbag actions with some Olympic quality mental gymnastics. Keep rooting for the dirtbag, you will have many excuses...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. But then again, let's not forget, this is his first branch-out coaching job. He was Bob Stoops' OC, and took over when Stoops retired. There's no question he did a great job, but everything was in place for him. He just took the wheel. This is his first real ground-up test.
He is a great OC. If he gets the right DC in, who knows if the guy he brought with him is right, he will do great. USC if its just doing OK can bring in the recruits on name recognition and can improve quickly. Well now you need some NIL money but they can get that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it was just about taking over for Stoops. Of course taking over a good program like OK will make a coaches job easier. There's alotta talent in Norman. But he did well with recruiting.

2021- # 10 class
2020- # 13 class
2019- # 6 class
2018- # 9 class
2017- # 8 class

I think USC finally found their guy. I expect him to have success with the Trojans.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a great OC. If he gets the right DC in, who knows if the guy he brought with him is right, he will do great. USC if its just doing OK can bring in the recruits on name recognition and can improve quickly. Well now you need some NIL money but they can get that.

Yeah, that's what some folks forget, I think. When USC has the right coach, everything else takes care of itself. California is one of top recruiting areas in the country and when USC is good, that's where they want to go.

A couple of years into his run, folks were saying that Pete Carroll wasn't even really recruiting anymore. He was just picking who he wanted. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was just about taking over for Stoops. Of course taking over a good program like OK will make a coaches job easier. There's alotta talent in Norman. But he did well with recruiting.

2021- # 10 class
2020- # 13 class
2019- # 6 class
2018- # 9 class
2017- # 8 class

I think USC finally found their guy. I expect him to have success with the Trojans.

Hopefully you're right. But there is some merit to the "he needs to prove it" narrative.

At Oklahoma, he took over a program that was already winning. He just needed to make sure he didn't fuck it up. He showed he was able to not fuck it up.

At USC, he's taking over a program that has been floundering under a series of bad coaches and a couple of bad AD's.

Now he needs to show that he is capable of essentially rebuilding a program. We won't know that until we have a few games played.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's what some folks forget, I think. When USC has the right coach, everything else takes care of itself. California is one of top recruiting areas in the country and when USC is good, that's where they want to go.

A couple of years into his run, folks were saying that Pete Carroll wasn't even really recruiting anymore. He was just picking who he wanted. lol
Exactly. If the coach is decent and they get some wins kids love playing at USC. If they can keep up with the NIL money I think Riley will have them in the playoffs in 3 or 4 years. They always have talent, especially at QB, they just need some depth.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than leaving Oklahoma for USC what horrible things has Riley done?
Oklahoma fans are glad to be rid of him. His decline in the last few seasons proved he can't develop a team as a HC. He is a good recruiter and a good OC, but he cant actually develop a team into a championship caliber team. Just look at his last 2 years at OU and look how things started to decline, due to mostly all of the newcomers being his recruits and under his development. We all believed he was the QB whisperer but watching what happened to his first 2 QB recruits that didn't come from somewhere else showed that he either didn't give a shit in 2021 or he is not as good as we all thought he was. His name still rides on the shoulders of what Stoops gave him when he named him HC. He hasn't proved anything to anyone yet other than he can take the keys to a Lambo and turn it into a Volvo. Now he has a Volvo to work with, let see if he actually is as good as that money USC is shelling out for him or if he is just another coach who got a big name because of the coaches he was under.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If the coach is decent and they get some wins kids love playing at USC. If they can keep up with the NIL money I think Riley will have them in the playoffs in 3 or 4 years. They always have talent, especially at QB, they just need some depth.

Some of the talking heads out here are saying 2 years...at least one says this year.

3-4 is probably closer to correct. But NIL and the transfer portal can seriously change timelines for turning a program. Especially ones that top recruits typically want to play for.

This is all going to be very interesting.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Oklahoma, he took over a program that was already winning. He just needed to make sure he didn't fuck it up. He showed he was able to not fuck it up.
You should check out the stats for the last two years under LR, we were in decline, he bolted before people started to notice.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma fans are glad to be rid of him. His decline in the last few seasons proved he can't develop a team as a HC. He is a good recruiter and a good OC, but he cant actually develop a team into a championship caliber team. Just look at his last 2 years at OU and look how things started to decline, due to mostly all of the newcomers being his recruits and under his development. We all believed he was the QB whisperer but watching what happened to his first 2 QB recruits that didn't come from somewhere else showed that he either didn't give a shit in 2021 or he is not as good as we all thought he was. His name still rides on the shoulders of what Stoops gave him when he named him HC. He hasn't proved anything to anyone yet other than he can take the keys to a Lambo and turn it into a Volvo. Now he has a Volvo to work with, let see if he actually is as good as that money USC is shelling out for him or if he is just another coach who got a big name because of the coaches he was under.
And that makes him a horrible person? Lol.
If he's such a bad coach why are Oklahoma fans so pissed off he left?