• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell isn't some fucking average RB running behind Pitt's great OL. He's the best in the fucking game.

Deep in my liquid crack Starbucks cup

Bell is a Fuckin punk bitch, and the Steelers have let better players leave Pittsburgh and still have won super bowls...... so guess what, letting him go doesn't fucking man they close town......

Yea Starbucks......bullshit

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have other receiving options available and Bryant could be close to AB. If Ben retires and u go with a rookie, Bell is a necessity for a youngster at QB. Plus Ben's salary wld be off books.
Ben's salary off the books would help change my mind about Bell's contract. But as I stated before to Terry, there's quite a bit of dead weight that could be cut to achieve the same goal.

And Bryant... no... just no. Nothing comes close to AB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Steelers ever replace Joe Greene 100%
Or Rod Woodson 100%

No one is replaced 100%, but last time I checked this was a team sport.

While no one can be replaced, everyone is replaceable.
giphy.gif

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben has another bad game he may tretire. Or if he wins the SB he cld go out on top.

I think he retires, despite what he is saying. He wldnt say, yeah i am. Not in playoffs

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another point

When you guys had average runners....didn't u have a vet at QB?

U DONT WANT A ROOKIE QB AND AVERAGE RUNNER BEHIND A GREAT OL WITH GREAT WR'S.

I wld kind of understand if you had an average runner but good to great QB
You seem to think Ben is retiring, case closed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben has another bad game he may tretire. Or if he wins the SB he cld go out on top.

I think he retires, despite what he is saying. He wldnt say, yeah i am. Not in playoffs
Very true. If you would have asked me back in October I would have said without a doubt, yes he is retiring. But after his phenomenal 2nd half of the season I started to think otherwise. Here is a QB still playing at a very elite level, how does he walk away? Only real distinct possibility of that is winning the SB. I could still see him retiring if they don't, just because he's always been concerned about his future health and being able to spend more time with his family.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. And even if he doesn't he's in decline. Don't take away an elite RB at this point in his career.
Decline? Look at the numbers DJ. Take out 1 flukey performance against the Jags & he's right on point with the best in the league. Decline my ass!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. And even if he doesn't he's in decline. Don't take away an elite RB at this point in his career.

What the fuck qb are you watching......Derek Carr??????

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait while DJ goes cherry picking through stats...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love stimulating debate in the AM...
Fuck, you guys made me make another pot of coffee already... Shaving days off my life expectancy all in the spirit of sports forum chatter.

XLA4g.gif

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the bottom line because I'm sensing this is heading in a direction I ain't gonna be too pleased about and I can already see it going the "personal jab" direction so I'm just gonna end it with this.

We have the best running back in the league and he just so happens to also be our 2nd receiving option on the field. With the emergence of JuJu, his targets will probably find a new home. The rushing production will not be replaces. Le'Veon Bell does things on the field and 30 other teams can't find someone who does what he can do. It would be foolish for us to not try and do what it would take to get Bell under a long-term contract. James Conner has had 2 knee surgeries in 2 years on the SAME fucking knee. There are no decent free agent RBs available next year. The 2018 draft is NOT RB friendly like this years was. Yeah, this is a team sport, but you can have the best O-line in the league but if our mediocre RB can't run the damn ball, it doesn't mean shit. You can have the best O-line in the league but if our rookie QB can't throw the damn ball, it doesn't mean shit. You can have the best O-line in the league but if our WRs can't catch the ball, it doesn't mean shit. We need key players at key positions and we have that in Le'Veon Bell. He's probably the 2nd best dual threat in the NFL behind Cam Newton. Le'Veon Bell is not replaceable. His stats aren't replaceable. What he does on the field is not replaceable and therefore he is a necessity to this team and a player of his abilities and caliber and production value is a necessity to EVERY team in the NFL. You can say we've made somethings out of other "nothing" rbs and while that may be the case, how long did it take for those RBs to turn back into nothings? Bell has had this production every full season he's played. We don't need to turn a nothing RB into something. You know why? Because we already have a something at the RB position.

2008: Offensive Rank - 20th (Willie Parker)
2009: Offensive Rank - 12th (Rashard Mendenhall)
2010: Offensive Rank - 12th
2011: Offensive Rank - 21st
2012: Offensive Rank - 22nd (Dwyer/Redman)
2013: Offensive Rank - 16th (Bell started 13 games)
2014: Offensive Rank - 7th (Bell started 16 games)
2015: Offensive Rank - 4th (Bell/DeAngelo)
2016: Offensive Rank - 10th (Bell missed 4 games)
2017: Offensive Rank - 4th

We need Le'Veon Bell.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun discussion....until somebody started trolling.

See whomever is on game threads.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the bottom line because I'm sensing this is heading in a direction I ain't gonna be too pleased about and I can already see it going the "personal jab" direction so I'm just gonna end it with this.

We have the best running back in the league and he just so happens to also be our 2nd receiving option on the field. With the emergence of JuJu, his targets will probably find a new home. The rushing production will not be replaces. Le'Veon Bell does things on the field and 30 other teams can't find someone who does what he can do. It would be foolish for us to not try and do what it would take to get Bell under a long-term contract. James Conner has had 2 knee surgeries in 2 years on the SAME fucking knee. There are no decent free agent RBs available next year. The 2018 draft is NOT RB friendly like this years was. Yeah, this is a team sport, but you can have the best O-line in the league but if our mediocre RB can't run the damn ball, it doesn't mean shit. You can have the best O-line in the league but if our rookie QB can't throw the damn ball, it doesn't mean shit. You can have the best O-line in the league but if our WRs can't catch the ball, it doesn't mean shit. We need key players at key positions and we have that in Le'Veon Bell. He's probably the 2nd best dual threat in the NFL behind Cam Newton. Le'Veon Bell is not replaceable. His stats aren't replaceable. What he does on the field is not replaceable and therefore he is a necessity to this team and a player of his abilities and caliber and production value is a necessity to EVERY team in the NFL. You can say we've made somethings out of other "nothing" rbs and while that may be the case, how long did it take for those RBs to turn back into nothings? Bell has had this production every full season he's played. We don't need to turn a nothing RB into something. You know why? Because we already have a something at the RB position.

We need Le'Veon Bell.
Boom

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need Le'Veon Bell.

Bell is a want, not a need......

Oddly by your list of stats Willie Parker is the best because he didn't have the luxury of a top line like bell has had.

If your going to invest all your emotion in this, the Steelers are really going to let you down. They will not play games with Bell. They have let bigger and better players walk, Bell is no different. Only he's going to walk and find out like all others.....there is no place like the Burg.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need Le'Veon Bell.
Don't want to talk about '08 & '09 because that stench brought about the debates over Colbert as a GM. But looking at how the O-line draft picks from the '10 draft until now...

2010: Maurkice Pouncey, (1st Rd)
2011: Marcus Gilbert (2nd Rd)
2012: David Decastro (1st Rd), Kelvin Beachum (6th Rd) - DeCastro missed this entire season due to injury, and Gilbert was placed on IR in week 5.

So essentially their full returns on O-line investments didn't come about until 2013. Noteworthy - Foster was a UDFA in 2009, and started 6-7 games that year. And didn't gain the starting job until midway into the 2010 season.

It's easy to argue that the O-line played a major factor in these offensive rankings. And those higher rankings correlate to BOTH the investment in the O-line & the drafting of Bell. The O-line nucleus wasn't exactly developed until 2014. Then it took a hit after Beachum left.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where were you yesterday? Kept waiting for you to pop on game threads. Some trolls showed up.
Tough weekend. Wife caught the flu & the kid has a bad cold. Been doin double-time on the parenting duties.