• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'veon Bell enters 48 hour homestretch

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His last 2 years in Pitt William's had 14 starts for 298 Carrie's, 1250 yards and 58 catches for 500 yards. Sorry but he was old as fuck and his numbers were comparable. Just reality
He still one of the best backs in the league.

With that said, I think he is asking for way too much money. I agree, running backs are easy to come by in the league with some good scouting talent. (Cardinals) found David Johnson in the third round.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Guys who I believe would be just as good as Bell with his same usage

Freeman
Kamara
McCaffrey
Howard
Hunt
Gordon
Fournette

Guys I think would be better

Gurley
Johnson ( Arizona )
McCoy
Elliot

This doesnt account for Cook or Barkley who I think would both be better but there's no pro film to support that at this point

All this assumes these guys getting the same usage as Bell
I could see Mccaffrey doing it with ease....He had 197 touches last year, he should be able to add on 200 more with no problem.....He's built for the punishment, big frame, can take hits.....Panthers must be working on a plan right now finding out how they can get him the ball twice as much without injury. Also Rex Burkhead you mentioned earlier in this thread as well...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Mccaffrey doing it with ease....He had 197 touches last year, he should be able to add on 200 more with no problem.....He's built for the punishment, big frame, can take hits.....Panthers must be working on a plan right now finding out how they can get him the ball twice as much without injury. Also Rex Burkhead you mentioned earlier in this thread as well...
Most teams use 2 backs. A few use 1 guy and use him up . The latter generally ends up being the guys we look at as elite but it's almost always just usage . we dobt look at running backs the same way we look at QBs . We assume if a guy gets 400 touches it's because he's great when that's not necessarily true . Its like saying a team throws 40 times a game because their QB is elite. It's just not a certainty . A RB isbt a wide receiver . They dobt need to get open to get 300+ touches and generally half plus of their receptions are on screens or check downs . It's a lot of system bias

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Freeman
Kamara
McCaffrey
Howard
Hunt
Gordon
Fournette

Gurley
Johnson ( Arizona )
McCoy
Elliot

This doesnt account for Cook or Barkley who I think would both be better but there's no pro film to support that at this point

Gotta disagree bud.........I understand where your coming from and I would not pay him QB money but he is a difference maker at that position where a lot of guys just are not......He is the best pure runner at his position - great at finding holes and exploding.....He may also be the best pass catcher at his position as well but I admit there are a few guys that are comparable......I think every team would love to have a RB who could put up Bell's numbers and if they utilized their backs like Pittsburgh does Bell they would have that opportunity but its just not that easy.

There is a reason why there are not more Leveon Bell's in the NFL.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree bud.........I understand where your coming from and I would not pay him QB money but he is a difference maker at that position where a lot of guys just are not......He is the best pure runner at his position - great at finding holes and exploding.....He may also be the best pass catcher at his position as well but I admit there are a few guys that are comparable......I think every team would love to have a RB who could put up Bell's numbers and if they utilized their backs like Pittsburgh does Bell they would have that opportunity but its just not that easy.

There is a reason why there are not more Leveon Bell's in the NFL.
Pitt has elite receivers and a solid TE sp that certainly helps. All those guys I listed are based on how I feel they'd perform in Pittsburgh with Bells teammates and system

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not more effective than Gurlwy, Kamara, Johnson ( David or Duke ), McCaffrey and he gets worse YAC than nearly all of them.
Ha ha! Tell me you'd rather have any of those guys than Bell.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! Tell me you'd rather have any of those guys than Bell.
I'd rather have nearly all of them. Most all of them are younger ,cheaper ( already ) and way less used than Bell

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have nearly all of them. Most all of them are younger ,cheaper ( already ) and way less used than Bell
Well at least I know what I'm dealing with here; gotta be a troll.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley got a fully guaranteed contract of 31.2 million. A sign of a changing landscape for RBs? This contract just upped Bell chances for a big payday next year IMO.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least I know what I'm dealing with here; gotta be a troll.
Loll Duke Johnson. He'd rather have Duke Johnson than Le'Veon. It's like he wants a trophy for the most ridiculous hot takes on this website or something

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loll Duke Johnson. He'd rather have Duke Johnson than Le'Veon. It's like he wants a trophy for the most ridiculous hot takes on this website or something
But but but YAC, and averages and stuff....

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There a 99.999999% probability that Freeman is the first name he lists...

Freeman
Kamara
McCaffrey
Howard
Hunt
Gordon
Fournette

Gurley
Johnson ( Arizona )
McCoy
Elliot

tell him what he's won, Johnny :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sweet baby jesus
giphy.gif

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with @rmilia1's premise that "anyone" could do what Bell does, but I do think it's probably not nearly as important to winning as fans think it is. All the players you listed could not take 400 carries and rack up 1,800 yards- namely, because most could not even approach 400 carries. They would get injured, or play fatigued and put up mediocre/bad numbers. So in that sense, Bell is a beast and can do what few other RB's can do.

OTOH, I don't think RB is an extremely important position. The QB is obviously the most important, but I'm not even convinced RB's are second most important. The Eagles had a RB by committee last year, and look how well it worked out. Blount, Ajayi, Clement produced better numbers than Bell. One was traded for a fourth round pick, another was signed to a 1 year/$1.25 million dollar contract, and the last was an undrafted free agent. None made $18 million per season.