• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's take look at the new season (2016)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm fine, blah, blah, and farkin' blah. I want to give a shout out to @Krusheasy for posting a Prediction Friday, but I assure you all that there will be a new season #3 game 1 tomorrow. Huge Thanks Krush for looking out!!

This thread is not that though, this one asks the question....How do you see the season playing out. For those who want say that "it is too early to tell," that's understandable, in the "I don't want to take the chance in facing the wrath of my fellow posters" sense of things. Some have already predicted a full step back for this team, while others say that not only will our guys in burgundy and gold step up, but finish with another division title. While we all hope for the best, let's see if your honest and final predictive tally is supportive of your hopes! Here's a look at our schedule, along with my predictions. How do you see the season playing out?

1. Steelers........Loss (Prime time blues)

2. Dallas...........Loss ( annual split means Thanks-taking win)

3. @Giants........Win (another annual split here or there doesn't matter to me)

4. Browns.........Win

5, @Ravens.......Loss ( game here would be a win, but not there)

6. Eagles..........Win (another split, but this team usually loses to a team that it should beat)

7. @Lions.........Loss (The team that they should beat, or switch with #6 either way)

8. @Bengals......Loss

9. Vikings..........Loss (with or without Bridgewater Vikes are running the ball)

10. Packers.......Loss (Loss in playoff vs. a weakened Pack, repeated with them stronger)

11. @Dallas.......Win (Enjoy the meal everyone)

12. @Cardinals...Loss

13. @Eagles......Win (will sweep if Detroit game is a win)

14,Panthers.......Loss

15. @Bears........Win

16. Giants......... Loss (Damnable splits)

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#13 should read if Detroit game is a loss.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) Dallas should be a win. We will not loose to a QB with only 1 career start under his belt.
5) Ravens should be win that is just self explanatory. They are one of the worst teams in the NFL.
7) Lions should be a win b/c they have a very bad defense.

This should bring us to 9-7. Now the games with Pitt, Minn, and the last game of the year with the Giants we should be able to steal one. So I got a 10-6 prediction going right now and winning the division. We have a better offense than the Giants but the Giants have an easier schedule. So it should be us and the Giants for the division title. The Romo injury and the trading of Bradford helped us get back to back division titles.

Week 1 is really important. If we can beat Pitt there would be great confidence across the whole organization.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) Dallas should be a win. We will not loose to a QB with only 1 career start under his belt.
5) Ravens should be win that is just self explanatory. They are one of the worst teams in the NFL.
7) Lions should be a win b/c they have a very bad defense.

This should bring us to 9-7. Now the games with Pitt, Minn, and the last game of the year with the Giants we should be able to steal one. So I got a 10-6 prediction going right now and winning the division. We have a better offense than the Giants but the Giants have an easier schedule. So it should be us and the Giants for the division title. The Romo injury and the trading of Bradford helped us get back to back division titles.

Week 1 is really important. If we can beat Pitt there would be great confidence across the whole organization.

Yeah I see your point(s) Dean, but doesn't it worry you just a tad that you didn't touch any team that was a major player a year ago? I've been reading the posts here and I believe that it was @Shark who stated that Dallas with that offensive line, the RB's and WR's that they have should make life much easier on DP...I agree, besides it's Dallas and sweeping the division is a tough order.

I really don't like that Ravens game being in Baltimore, while I agree that it should be a win for us, needing passports just to get into that place, leaves me unsettled.

Finally, Detroit, bad defense OK, but, I really can't see anyone being afraid of our run defense, this kinda looks like a shoot-out game to me. Like I said, there going to be a team (or two) that we should beat and won't. You say Baltimore, I say Philly or Detroit.

Which one of those 3 do you think we'll win? Pitt on Monday night?....Uh...no, Minn. running game vs. our run defense?....Scary, and no annual split with the Giants who spent a ton of money on defense?.....just can't see it. Oh well....here's hoping that you're right!!

BTW: We're looking at things right now...Of course health changes everything on all sides.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll either go winless, undefeated or somewhere in between. In other words predicting wins and losses on last years records or even a teams history is a crap shoot. Yesterdays kings could be this years jokers. Panthers could be a 500 team while Jags win 10 games. However saying we're a 6 win team is probably not an accurate statement. We we're a good team at home last year and I don't see that changing. Say we go 6 and 2... on the road lets say we go 3 and 5... right there is 9 wins, and 9 wins probably wins the east this year again. So im not predicting each game but ill say a 9and 7 record is doable.... we're actually a pretty good team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see your point(s) Dean, but doesn't it worry you just a tad that you didn't touch any team that was a major player a year ago? I've been reading the posts here and I believe that it was @Shark who stated that Dallas with that offensive line, the RB's and WR's that they have should make life much easier on DP...I agree, besides it's Dallas and sweeping the division is a tough order.

I really don't like that Ravens game being in Baltimore, while I agree that it should be a win for us, needing passports just to get into that place, leaves me unsettled.

Finally, Detroit, bad defense OK, but, I really can't see anyone being afraid of our run defense, this kinda looks like a shoot-out game to me. Like I said, there going to be a team (or two) that we should beat and won't. You say Baltimore, I say Philly or Detroit.

Which one of those 3 do you think we'll win? Pitt on Monday night?....Uh...no, Minn. running game vs. our run defense?....Scary, and no annual split with the Giants who spent a ton of money on defense?.....just can't see it. Oh well....here's hoping that you're right!!

BTW: We're looking at things right now...Of course health changes everything on all sides.

Dallas has one of the worst defense in the nfl. So no, Im not worried about there oline with a 1st year QB. Pitt is a very winnable game especially at home. They have a lot of injures and the game plan should be let someone else beat you besides AB. Im not liking the Giants offense b/c they only have one legit guy.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll either go winless, undefeated or somewhere in between. In other words predicting wins and losses on last years records or even a teams history is a crap shoot. Yesterdays kings could be this years jokers. Panthers could be a 500 team while Jags win 10 games. However saying we're a 6 win team is probably not an accurate statement. We we're a good team at home last year and I don't see that changing. Say we go 6 and 2... on the road lets say we go 3 and 5... right there is 9 wins, and 9 wins probably wins the east this year again. So im not predicting each game but ill say a 9and 7 record is doable.... we're actually a pretty good team.

......but...but....but, @reptec101 it's so much fun to do (making predictions) C'mon man predicting 9-7 really can't be done without some reasoning as to where those wins and losses come from right? A small point of order if you don't mind. "predicting wins and losses on last years records or even a teams history is a crap shoot." vs. "We we're a good team at home last year and I don't see that changing."

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a good team in general and only should get better by adding Norman and another year of starting for KC. I took KC in my fantasy league over Rivers, Eli, and Taylor and got laughed at. He is going to have just as good a year or even better than those guys. 30-33 TD's is very realistic especially if we cant run the ball.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......but...but....but, @reptec101 it's so much fun to do (making predictions) C'mon man predicting 9-7 really can't be done without some reasoning as to where those wins and losses come from right? A small point of order if you don't mind. "predicting wins and losses on last years records or even a teams history is a crap shoot." vs. "We we're a good team at home last year and I don't see that changing."
...and I don't see that changing. 6 wins yes,,, but I can't till you from who. Btw,, predicting wins and losses is great fun but it seldom is right. You have a better chance at hitting the lotto than predicting correctly each of our games.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a good team in general and only should get better by adding Norman and another year of starting for KC. I took KC in my fantasy league over Rivers, Eli, and Taylor and got laughed at. He is going to have just as good a year or even better than those guys. 30-33 TD's is very realistic especially if we cant run the ball.
KC could possibly have a monster year in yardage.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has one of the worst defense in the nfl. So no, Im not worried about there oline with a 1st year QB. Pitt is a very winnable game especially at home. They have a lot of injures and the game plan should be let someone else beat you besides AB. Im not liking the Giants offense b/c they only have one legit guy.

How soon we forget....There was once an NFL team with a far less polished rookie QB playing behind a much worse offensive line, had far less talented RB's and WR's and I believe, now don't quote me, they played in............ Washington, and won the division, albeit without a very good defense.

It is practically tradition now for this team to fall flat on Nationally televised games, that above all else is why I believe that the Steelers take this one.

Flip a coin with the giants, the general rule is, we split with them.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How soon we forget....There was once an NFL team with a far less polished rookie QB playing behind a much worse offensive line, had far less talented RB's and WR's and I believe, now don't quote me, they played in............ Washington, and won the division, albeit without a very good defense.

It is practically tradition now for this team to fall flat on Nationally televised games, that above all else is why I believe that the Steelers take this one.

Flip a coin with the giants, the general rule is, we split with them.

Yes but RG3 had to run the read option to be successful. If Dallas changes there whole offense to the read option it would be very smart for them. Plus at the time no defense could of stopped the read option. Now I think a defense is more used to it. So the element of surprise is gone.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC could possibly have a monster year in yardage.

Should be TD's too unless Matt Jones consistently scores inside the 5 yardline.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I don't see that changing. 6 wins yes,,, but I can't till you from who. Btw,, predicting wins and losses is great fun but it seldom is right. You have a better chance at hitting the lotto than predicting correctly each of our games.

No argument from me, but just like the lotto..."ya gotta play to win" slogan this is one of the better NFL team sites here. What fun would it be in not participating? Just like you, I started out giving us losses against the big dawgs, Panthers, Cardinals, Packers, Bengals and Steelers (5) then added splits in the division with Dallas and NYG (7) and for good measure factored in losses to a team or two that we should beat (another rite of passage here) that gives us nine. Tenth game is in Baltimore a another team that we should easily beat except it's being played there.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I predicted 9-7 last year. I didn't win any money. lol

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
59285388.jpg

1. Steelers
WIN

2. Dallas
WIN

3. @Giants
LOSS

4. Browns
WIN

5, @Ravens
WIN

6. Eagles
WIN

7. @Lions
WIN

8. @Bengals
WIN

9. Vikings
WIN

10. Packers
WIN

11. @Dallas
WIN

12. @Cardinals
LOSS

13. @Eagles
WIN

14. Panthers
LOSS

15. @Bears
LOSS

16. Giants
LOSS

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I like it but doubtful we beat the Packers and the Giants sweep us. Losing to the Bears? Yikes.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but RG3 had to run the read option to be successful. If Dallas changes there whole offense to the read option it would be very smart for them. Plus at the time no defense could of stopped the read option. Now I think a defense is more used to it. So the element of surprise is gone.

OK, we disagree on Dak, I think that this is the perfect time for him to replace a beaten up, well worn Romo. Hate to say this but Romo's injury is probably the best thing that's happened to Dallas since, well, Drew Bledsoe tanked and was replaced by Romo.