• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, Mick Tinglehoff's HoF snub finally ends.

Vikings great Mick Tingelhoff step closer to Hall of Fame - TwinCities.com

While I was only 3 when his career ended in 1978 and I never got to see him play, I did get the opportunity to play a round of golf with him and 2 others about 15 years ago at a Vikings event at Rush Creek Golf Club in Maple Grove, MN. He sure liked his margarita's, and he really liked to talk. We were in a group behind punter at the time, Mitch Berger. Just like his punts, he boomed the golfball as well. I mean this guy was hitting the ball consistently around 350 yards, albeit a little wild on some (but that's a story for another time).

Anyway, I found him to be one of the nicest and most engaging individuals I'd ever met. He never wanted to talk about himself (though there were plenty of former Vikings around that day that loved to tell old stories, a lot of them involved Mick). He was quick to offer praise to his other teammates, often deflecting it from himself.

I'll admit a lot of it was lost on me considering it all happened before my time, but maybe it was the 5+ hour round, maybe it was the constant flow of booze that was being brought out from the clubhouse... who knows. I became a fan of his that day.

Let's face it. There aren't a lot of stats to go on. But he started 240 consecutive games (never having missed one), anchoring the offensive line for some really good Vikings' teams. He was named to the pro-bowl 6 straight years, and was voted first team All-Pro/All NFL 7 consecutive seasons.

So now we wait for the final vote. Hopefully for Mick, it's not too much longer.

SKOL VIKINGS!